**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does new Widow take Static Shock damage from Electro?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
Is this yet another bug. It says for Electro, "Opponents that make contact takes Static shock damage"...

Widow doesn't touch him. She has the shock sticks so why is she taking damage? Yet another bug?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    It’s a contact attack. The sticks are physically hitting him, which is a contact attack.

I could be wrong, but I think this is why.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Well. It's the sticks that are contacting him. Not her hands or fists like most other champs. Seems kinda odd that it would do damage to her if she doesn't physically touch him.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Unless they don't make contact, it still triggers Electro's static shock. Unless you're Omega Red.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

Well. It's the sticks that are contacting him. Not her hands or fists like most other champs. Seems kinda odd that it would do damage to her if she doesn't physically touch him.

Corvus uses his Glaive to hit opponents, but he still takes Static Shock damage.
    I guess he probably shouldn't. Probably just lazy on the part of Kabam. I can understand if someone hits him with a fist, but an object like a staff or shock sticks, the player shouldn't take that damage
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It's working as intended, as it was described above by other player's.
    Static shock interacts with any contact attack. Black Widow basic attacks are not projectile's, they are contact attacks. She will takedamage back from static shock
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    The sticks have electricity coursing through them already. They must have non conductive handles so I agree, no shock damage should be taken. J/k I know the game doesn't work like that.

*Edit. Just realized the guy above me (New Noob) said basically the same thing. Oops
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Corvus uses his Glaive to hit opponents, but he still takes Static Shock damage.
    I guess he probably shouldn't. Probably just lazy on the part of Kabam. I can understand if someone hits him with a fist, but an object like a staff or shock sticks, the player shouldn't take that damage
    We could go all day. Angela, Masacre, Blade, Civil Warrior, Cull, Namor, Elsa, Gwenpool, BP, Killmonger, Loki, Moon Knight, Gambit, Nebula, Nightcrawler, Ronin, Heimdall, Hulk, GG, DocOck. Hell you could even argue about Wolverine/IM.
  • DrDeadpoolDrDeadpool Posts: 170 ★★

Is this yet another bug. It says for Electro, "Opponents that make contact takes Static shock damage"...

Widow doesn't touch him. She has the shock sticks so why is she taking damage? Yet another bug?

man, some people should take a science class
  • It’s a contact attack. The sticks are physically hitting him, which is a contact attack.

I could be wrong, but I think this is why.

This is the way
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Just Quake Electro and be on your way... Easy game, easy life
    Feeney234 said:

Just Quake Electro and be on with it. Easy game, easy life

• Also it isn't actually shock damage but an energy damage as well
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Guys, let's not forget about rubber. There are non conductive materials too
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    Her sticks are metallic it conduct electric city so she will be effected by it.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    They still count as contact hits, I'm pretty sure they are contact hits unless it's a projectile.
    edited May 2020

Try sticking a fork in the electric socket. Since you are not directly stuffing your fingers inside it, you should be fine, right?

PS: I do not promote any sort of experiment like the previously described.
    Some kid in my school did that because there was a paper click stuck in the outlet. Blamed the teacher for his injuries
    _ASDF_ said:

Try sticking a fork in the electric socket. Since you are not directly stuffing your fingers inside it, you should be fine, right?

PS: I do not promote any sort of experiment like the previously described.
    Some kid in my school did that because there was a paper click stuck in the outlet. Blamed the teacher for his injuries
    Must be a lot of lead in the pipes at that school. 🤣
    funny part is his name is close to a certain substance that starts with m
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★

You would also figure with Widow's shock sticks... They obviously don't shock her hands so why would something that shocks a shock stick shock her hands...LOL... Kabam?

We're talking about a mobile game based on fictional superheros that have powers that defy logic and this is the thing you are stuck on? Not some alien head that floats in a chair some how and shoots a laser beam from his forehead. Logic doesn't apply to comic books.