**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kabam, please stop adding old champ usability synergies exclusively with new champs!

2»

Comments

• Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★

I just saw Lagacy posted info about Tigra and Hit-Monkey. Lots of useful usability-level synergies for some old champs that suck. Cool. But you need to:

1. Have the new champ
    2. Have the old champ
    3. Bring them both

This is so annoying! Do you really believe that people who weren't going to will decide to pursue new champs because of this? Like, "Oh, snap! I wasn't going to before, but I'll drop a couple hundred to get Tigra so I can finally get some use out of this War Machine in Act 6 when I bring them both." This won't affect the $ or desirability of Tigra and Hit-Monkey even a little. Why insist on tying usability-level synergies to new champs? So frustrating. Why can't you just release them as new solo synergies for the old champs with the update? You just keep gifting the bowling ball with your own name on it at every opportunity. So frustrating that it would take such a little course change to get some excitement in the game that doesn't mean entire new content, but nope.

I think Synergy is the best way to buff old champ this game has almost 300_400 champs and only you can take 10_15 champ as usefull and that a disappointing so kabam is making almost other waste champ usefull so the person with no godtire can also try in game....and I am agree on it....couse I only have imiw as godtire 5* and that's sucks....I have 15 champ like phenix kingping cable vision ironman captain America and some old 2014_16 champs which are useless to take them in game...
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Not sure if anyone said this but you do know the marvel comics are more tied than the movies right? It means war machine or whoever she has synergies with has a comic tie to right, maybe a love interest or enemies or teammates.. Might be a big one too.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Even if it makes a older champ have value, I wouldn't bring 90% of those older champs in a quest with me off the synergies alone.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    I think synergies in themselves are great. For example giving a champ an ability you might need for niche fights but not all the time. Or perhaps a benefit that would be too much in the base kit alone but the sacrifice of having to take 2 others along makes it palatable.

However, when what they do is add something to a champ that makes them a bit less useless, it’s something that should just be added to that champs base kit. I don’t know why there’s such an objection from Kabam to tweak older/less useful champs (eg. Gamora, not a rework but a small change that made her decent).
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,743 ★★★★★
    While I agree that some of these character could use the small buffs instead of a synergy, just imagine if they didnt get either one ever? Better than nothing right? Lol.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    How I see it is they don’t make as much money from a full rework as the would a new character, so they give great synergies for old characters with the newest champs so they still make money and partially balance out the old ones.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Jestress said:

I just saw Lagacy posted info about Tigra and Hit-Monkey. Lots of useful usability-level synergies for some old champs that suck. Cool. But you need to:

1. Have the new champ
    2. Have the old champ
    3. Bring them both

This is so annoying! Do you really believe that people who weren't going to will decide to pursue new champs because of this? Like, "Oh, snap! I wasn't going to before, but I'll drop a couple hundred to get Tigra so I can finally get some use out of this War Machine in Act 6 when I bring them both." This won't affect the $ or desirability of Tigra and Hit-Monkey even a little. Why insist on tying usability-level synergies to new champs? So frustrating. Why can't you just release them as new solo synergies for the old champs with the update? You just keep gifting the bowling ball with your own name on it at every opportunity. So frustrating that it would take such a little course change to get some excitement in the game that doesn't mean entire new content, but nope.

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous complaint.
    Sorry, but that was a ridiculous response.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Jestress said:

1. Have the new champ
    2. Have the old champ
    3. Bring them both

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous complaint.
    Sorry, but that was a ridiculous response.
    What’s ridiculous? That there’s a paywall in front of your old champ that would make them usable? Lol. 💯 valid objection to Kabam’s synergy shenanigans.
    I don't necessarily agree that's the motive. I think it's much less work to add it to a Champ already in production than it is to recode for an existing Champ. However, let's say that's the case. People dump on them for making choices that support their business, but it is after all, a business. They're marketing a product and a service. Is it that reprehensible to produce content that people will have to invest in? It's just plain smart business.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    Abominations new synergy with red guardian, could be a very very easy update to abomination that would not be game breaking.

It's exactly what people are looking for as wick fixes to old champions.

It is a joke that these are locked behind a p2p rng wall.