**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Emergency Maintenance Discussion [Merged Threads]

13»

Comments

• smdam38smdam38 Posts: 819 ★★★
    This is “scheduled” due to a database issue with some third party affiliated with Kabam. I don’t see how you can blame them for this one.
    And I’m impressed/glad they actually gave us that information.

Cloud databases are new-ish and not “there” yet.
    I do appreciate the info in this thread.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★
    HamedSO said:

Dear Kabam,

Please issue the 30 min AQ timer this time. We have been facing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and we haven't seen this 30 minutes timer for a while. Our guys don't feel comfortable playing map6 and placing defenders and all of this stuff at the same time, with all of those maintenance. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos pleaaaase!

It was down for 45 mins. You'll survive.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

This month has been filled with a lot of maintenance , I know we received compensation for maintenance earlier this month. Was this enough to satisfy players or do you feel like you need more?

Again and Again Maintenance, why don't you guys plan for maintenance thing when there is no AQ or AW attack even during season. Can't you solve once and for all this simple basic issue.. it's highly disappointing 🤧
    @DJMNH I believe once they figure out how to get better communication from the issue itself they can do better, but The Issue flat out refuses to notify Kabam when it feels like acting up. Maybe you can talk to The Issue and get it to cooperate with Kabam. Then maybe you can be happy for once.
  • MGZZZZZthatguyMGZZZZZthatguy Posts: 12
    Not one that likes complaining, we’re calling this “scheduled maintenance “ lol
    Really! Appreciate the effort though;)
  • KtashakKtashak Posts: 225

I hope there will be some compensation after this! I was in the middle of sleeping when my dreams alerted me of this nonsense...

I expect 7.5 six star crystals via in game message tomorrow and a generic r3 to r4 six star rank up gem.

Also a fully formed T8A catalyst for our future 11star champs please.
  • KtashakKtashak Posts: 225
    edited May 2020

We don't use this bar very often, but I'm going to ask that we improve it so that we can use it more in the future.

better solution: not to summon these bars/imaginary scheduled maintenances at all.

how-to:
    1) plan max 1 / month scheduled maintenance if really needed for some bigger in-game changes
    2) invest more to the server infrastructure (we are giving to Kabam enough money to buy half of the Google's servers) - if you have a database connectivity issue,use mirroring - feel free to contact me to send a short 350pages of how-to to Kabam DB admins, I have more DB certificates than my redhulk has stars.
    3) if the problem was on the DB table structure, there is one solution too: TEST DATABASE before apply to production database + better sysadmins..
    4) other :p:p
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★

DJMNH said:

This month has been filled with a lot of maintenance , I know we received compensation for maintenance earlier this month. Was this enough to satisfy players or do you feel like you need more?

Again and Again Maintenance, why don't you guys plan for maintenance thing when there is no AQ or AW attack even during season. Can't you solve once and for all this simple basic issue.. it's highly disappointing 🤧
    @DJMNH I believe once they figure out how to get better communication from the issue itself they can do better, but The Issue flat out refuses to notify Kabam when it feels like acting up. Maybe you can talk to The Issue and get it to cooperate with Kabam. Then maybe you can be happy for once.
    Bro we are doing map 6, lot of people are getting back to work after such long break due to covid19.. due to the time difference between my country and Kabam office it's straight difference of maybe around 8-9 hours. So when the maintenance work starts over there, its morning time at my place and people before going to work contribute as much as they can.. so you can understand how much we suffer and may be others too..
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    I have this window in the morning before work to move in AQ/AW, but this month so many maintenances and i can't make the move and make my my alliance angry, it's only my two cents
  • I tried to wait it out, but ended up passing out half way through apparently, lol. Randomly awoke at 5:50 AM (EST) and managed to wipe out my lane in AQ with 1 eye open 😂. While unexpected and inconvenient, it is what it is. Although I do agree with the notion that an in game message on top of the bar would've been prudent for such a venture. I was grinding Arena and then stopped to grab a drink. I go to start back up and BAM, maintenance. Didn't get to see the orange line at the bottom.

Perhaps there's a way for the game to send an alert in these instances? (Or for any form of maintenance for that matter) Like when it tells me that the 4 hour free crystal is ready to be claimed, or other alerts. If it is a planned maintenance (albeit impromptu planned, but planned none the less), then perhaps a notification from the game would be the best course of action. That way, even if you're not playing, you'll know about it. No need to come here, or log in and find out. The game tells you. If that can be done, that would be your best bet IMHO.

I would wager that the Free Crystal notification is basically working on an in app timer. However I have seen notifications from CoC that describe a deal that's available. So I would imagine there's got to be a way for it to notify the players of incoming maintenance, or even if it's "Emergency Maintenance" a mass notification being sent out to each device that the game is down would be helpful. It's quite frustrating when you think you're all good to go, go to login, and NOPE, Emergency Maintenance. If this can be implemented, it would be something to consider. If it's possible that is.