**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ambush in war defence

Dont know about what anyone else thinks but what I would like as an officer in war placement is to set up ambush nodes. When you do event quests you often get ambushed. Would be fun if you got like 3 champs you could use as an ambush. How annoying but fun would it be when you have to do a fight that's not just a walk in the park because you weren't expecting it.

It's only a simple little change :)

Comments

• Iamant1Iamant1 Posts: 167
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

It could be interesting, but with the way AW is right now, I don't think it should be added.
    Imagine being in the top tiers and getting ambushed by an elsa with suicides without a mutant on your team. Or getting ambushed by a mojo without a good counter.
    Still a solid idea though.

That's the whole point most top tier clear all the fights without losses as they know what they are up against, having to go into a fight where you dont have the best matchup cos you got ambushed rather than the same old fights you're taking because you have the champs for it
    Haji_Saab said:

Iamant1 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

It could be interesting, but with the way AW is right now, I don't think it should be added.
    Imagine being in the top tiers and getting ambushed by an elsa with suicides without a mutant on your team. Or getting ambushed by a mojo without a good counter.
    Still a solid idea though.

That's the whole point most top tier clear all the fights without losses as they know what they are up against, having to go into a fight where you dont have the best matchup cos you got ambushed rather than the same old fights you're taking because you have the champs for it
    Have you faced a bleeding Elsa without a mutant?
    Exactly then you decide maybe you have to change your attack team to make sure you have a poison and bleed immune champ just incase. Or do you risk just running a strong team without.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I think there should be limits to it. Like certain defenders (Elsa, Korg duped, Thing etc.) shouldn’t be allowed but others are ok. It’d just say *cannot place defender* or something along those lines
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    It's a fun idea. I think it really does leave far too much to chance though, taking away the skill aspect of playing the game. Someone with horrendous luck like me, would constantly be getting ambushed by a champ you're not prepared for.
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    If they add it I hope YOU get ambushed every single war so you can have "fun" with what you believe is fun.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It’s a fun idea, would need finessing a little bit. I think it could be interesting if officers were actually able to tweak the nodes on paths, so they have a choice of 4-5 different nodes and they can pick 2-3 depending on your tier.

I think that it’s just unavoidable that with ambush nodes you’re getting hit by a Suicides Elsa (for those who don’t know - she will degen an unboosted non-mutant R5 inside 30 seconds), so it would have the potential to be a 1/9 item sink.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Ambush in AW is a very bad idea

You're right should keep it as is, everyone bringing exact same defenders and exact same attackers, heaven forbid you should get a tough fight
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Iamant1 said:

You're right should keep it as is, everyone bringing exact same defenders and exact same attackers, heaven forbid you should get a tough fight
    What makes you think they wouldnt keep bringing the sames defenders anyway? Also were you not around when AW was all hidden defenders? One of the main complaints about AW is that people wanted to see defenders so they can prepare. In high tier wars, which seems you're not, 1 or two deaths will probably determine who wins the war. A ambush node could mean a loss of the war since you can't prepare for it and it would change what teams are brought for which lanes etc.. Leave the ambushes to quests. There is already path 7 which is hidden defenders.