**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Buying featured 5 star crystals are a waste

hobohobo Posts: 87
I feel it is a waste to use resources on feature 5-star crystals as long as they contain very old champions. Featured crystals should highlight new champs first of all, or maybe they should offer certain classes. However, to spend more shards to get old champs like Electro, Groot, Old Man Logan, Luke Cage, etc is a slap in the face. When you can easily get them with regular 5-star crystals. Come on Kabam stop placing these old worthless champs in the feature crystals stop screwing your customers, please.

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    The featured hero crystals are mainly to obtain new featured champs. Not to "offer certain classes".
  • hobohobo Posts: 87
    Then they should only feature new champs, not old ones like stated.
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    woooo we have same profile pic!!! oml is quite rare in forums
  • hobohobo Posts: 87
    yes
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★

hobo said:

Then they should only feature new champs, not old ones like stated.

No, because every crystal should have high points and low points. You want those bad champs in the crystals along with the good champs to balance everything out.

Exactly. There would be no point for any other crystal if featured ONLY had the champs people wanted. There needs to be balance, sometimes you win sometimes you get garbage, that's MCOC!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    They really aren't but that's completely dependent on where you are in the game. If 5k 5* shards is still a really big deal and you're only just starting to build up your 5* roster, of course they're typically a bad investment. You're also not who should be opening them to begin with
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,137 ★★★★★
    I get what OP is alluding to. What I think should change is the drop rate for these featured champs. They are too low. I'd prefer they buff the rate and lower the time the crystal is available. Doesn't have to be as high as the old featured crystals, but what we have now is barely higher than the standard drop rates for each star level.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

I get what OP is alluding to. What I think should change is the drop rate for these featured champs. They are too low. I'd prefer they buff the rate and lower the time the crystal is available. Doesn't have to be as high as the old featured crystals, but what we have now is barely higher than the standard drop rates for each star level.

I'm not sure I'd go with barely higher. You have over 4x the chance at a specific champ for 1.5x the cost
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    but Luke Cage and Old Man Logan are both good five stars, electro isn’t even that bad, and Groot is the best champ in the game by far