**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"rewarding" those who purchased legend titles

Recently there has been a wave actions taken against those who violate terms of service and engage in unfair activities. I am very glad to see this and in general I want to say thank you and keep up these measures. I (perhaps naively) believe there are more players who appreciate a fair game and a healthy competition than there are cheaters in the community.

However I have not seen any repercussions for those who have engaged in such activities in the past. For example, I for one would find it very entertaining if the "clients" who purchased legend titles would have their shiny "legend" badge replaced with a different version clearly marking them out to the community as people who chose to pay someone else to earn the badge or them.

I do not know if this is possible, but assuming you can accurately identify such "legends", have you considered this? I believe such a public display of their true "achievement" would work very well as a deterrent for people. Even if it is not 100% accurate, as long as there is some sort of publicly visible reward I believe it would work very well to make people think long and hard before resorting to such "solutions" for getting the legend badge they covet.

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    So like a dunce cap? Yeah sorry, no.
  • BlueTanuki13BlueTanuki13 Posts: 17

More like a slightly different legend badge on their profile : another color scheme, some quotes around the “legend” title and a stack of money instead of the double arrow icon >:)

I mean why not? If they are willing to pay other people to earn the badge, there should be no problem acknowledging that fact.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    edited June 2020
    Great idea! Or maybe, I dunno, ban them?
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

More like a slightly different legend badge on their profile : another color scheme, some quotes around the “legend” title and a stack of money instead of the double arrow icon >:)

I mean why not? If they are willing to pay other people to earn the badge, there should be no problem acknowledging that fact.
    The thing is, how does Kabam know for certain that a certain account has been engaged in those activities?

It might become a whole witch hunt. Kabam's not going to publicly shame Summoners.
  • BlueTanuki13BlueTanuki13 Posts: 17
    Honestly I think they should. If Kabam publicly honors those with extraordinary achievements why wouldn’t they dishonor those who acquire the title through unfair means? The whole legends program has become a joke. What honor is there when most of those titles can be bought from the darker side of the community?

As for detecting... I’m pretty sure they already have the data to do this. Your device has a lot of information about you and account activity can be tracked very well. It should be trivial to profile your account and know the device IDs normally associated with it. And when there is a sudden change to a different device ID that just happens to coincide with the legends run, and that device ID is also associated with other legend runs for other accounts... Well if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...

I’m sure the detection will not be perfect. But it doesn’t have to be. All it needs to be is reliable and minimize the cases incorrectly flagged. If you just start exposing the fact, in my opinion it will work very well as deterrent. Even if it only catches 60% of such cases, it will at least make people think twice about engaging in such things.

And really it could be applied retroactively. I’m pretty sure the data is already there for Kabam to analyze, you can’t tell me they have the data for calculating precisely the time it takes from the first to the last fight of a monthly event but are completely unaware of what IP is being used, what device runs the game etc.