**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Signature Stone Recovery Tickets

Just a thought. I’m not technologically advanced, so I don’t know how difficult it would be. Nevertheless, I think it would be great if Kabam introduced a Signature Stone Recovery Ticket that players could use to recover stones used on champs that were once relevant and have since been outdated and are no longer useful in any content.
An example would be Yellow Jacket. At one time he was a viable defender in AW and players had limited rosters, so they put stones in him to make him more dangerous to attackers. Since then there have been many great science champs that provide more usefulness to players and YJ is pretty worthless as a defender because everyone has faced him a million times.
Please consider this option. Thanks

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    Nope. Live with your choices.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    Rank Down (or Sig Recover) Tickets, whether for Rank/Level or Sig Level, will not be issued.

You continually get more resources in which to use on newer or different champs.

The only way that tickets would be plausible is if you were only ever allowed to have a certain number of champs at a certain Rank (or Sig Level). Say if you were only allowed (as a MAXIMUM NUMBER) to have 3 champs (EVER) at Rank-5 (or at Sig 200), then a game might have a way for you to change them from time to time.

But in this game, you continue to get more and more resources in which to bring up more and more champs.
  • CurtisisGod1971CurtisisGod1971 Posts: 76
    Thanks for the input. Albeit useless and utterly devoid of any intrinsic value @SummonerNR @DoubleDelta @Notsavage19 @Demonzfyre
    It’s merely a suggestion. Since neither of you work for Kabam I’ll treat your replies as what they are: insignificant and pointless trolling.
    Not upset that you disagreed. Annoyed you had nothing better to do than state the obvious and added nothing of significance. It’s enough to push the “disagree” tab. Everything beyond that is self edification and void of value to anyone but you.
    Again, thanks for your comment. Nevertheless, I disagree with you. You will need to deal with that my friend.
    It would be profitable for Kabam if they sold them in the store or put them as rewards in the new “Cavalier” EQ. You’re thinking is too small.
    Many players would work for them or purchase them. It’s no different than what they did when they nerfed Namor and Cull. They’d just need to make it part of the experience. It would benefit both sides.
    Your disagreement isn’t even your own stance, it’s regurgitated small thinking mentality that limits players. Swing for the fences. How you could possibly be against something that would, obviously be beneficial to everyone, is beyond me.
    The post was intended for Kabam to look at and decide upon. Not some small minded simpleton that just wants to disagree because he’s had to live with his choices too. Are you a paid employee of Kabam, or a decision maker at the head office? Then just hit the buttons and move on.
    The one redeeming quality of your negativity is that it made me explain in greater detail, so thanks again. You could’ve chosen to simply read, push a button, and move on, but for some reason you believe your opinion matters to someone other than you. It doesn’t. So, thanks for the trolling that made me refine my suggestion and the attention you will help me garnish as a result of your inability to simply ignore something. Peace.
    You’re was a typo. Should be your.
    That could potentially be unfair.

There are 2 players, Player A and Player B, with 200 sig stones.

Both players have X character awakened. X is decent, and he is useful at a high signature level.

Player A puts all of his sig stones into X, while Player B holds onto them.

Since Player A has a stronger X, they complete content more easily, which means less potions/revives/boosts/units.
    Since Player B has a weaker X, they have a harder time completing content, meaning more potions/revives/boosts/units spent.

Now, after completing content, they both receive character Y (awakened), who benefits from a high signature level.
    Player A has no sig stones left.
    Player B puts all of their sig stones into Y.

Now, Y is objectively more useful in the current game than X.
    Now, Player A wants to put signature stones into Y, but they can't, since they're all in X.

Kabam implements this "sig stone recovery ticket".

Player A can now take all those sig stones that they put into X voluntarily, and stick them into Y.

Player B has been screwed out of his resources/units because he wanted to save his signature stones for a better character.
    Well put. That was a meaningful and thoughtful counter. Thanks.
    However, one might argue that that was a “choice” and the “pay to play” players are at an advantage already. The game wasn’t created to be “fair”. It was created to make money. Selling or making part of rewards for higher content an Signature Stone Recovery Ticket would be in line with the current profit scheme. The player completing higher content already get better rewards which places them at an advantage over other players, as does players with most of the god tier champs. Many players have few of the god tier champs and have to complete the dam content with lesser champs, forcing them to invest in these champs just to gain equal footing already.
    So, I don’t see this idea as more or less “fair”. Merely an extension of the already unbalanced RNG.
    A not an
    Gets not get
    Same not dam
    All typos.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

Again, thanks for your comment. Nevertheless, I disagree with you. You will need to deal with that my friend.
    It would be profitable for Kabam if they sold them in the store or put them as rewards in the new “Cavalier” EQ. You’re thinking is too small.
    Many players would work for them or purchase them. It’s no different than what they did when they nerfed Namor and Cull. They’d just need to make it part of the experience. It would benefit both sides.
    Your disagreement isn’t even your own stance, it’s regurgitated small thinking mentality that limits players. Swing for the fences. How you could possibly be against something that would, obviously be beneficial to everyone, is beyond me.
    The post was intended for Kabam to look at and decide upon. Not some small minded simpleton that just wants to disagree because he’s had to live with his choices too. Are you a paid employee of Kabam, or a decision maker at the head office? Then just hit the buttons and move on.
    The one redeeming quality of your negativity is that it made me explain in greater detail, so thanks again. You could’ve chosen to simply read, push a button, and move on, but for some reason you believe your opinion matters to someone other than you. It doesn’t. So, thanks for the trolling that made me refine my suggestion and the attention you will help me garnish as a result of your inability to simply ignore something. Peace.

You spew all the dumb comments everyone else. Calling people trolls and Kabam employees because the viewpoint is different. And again, telling someone they shouldn't comment if they don't agree. Elitist much?

MCOC is a strategy game. Part of the strategy is resource management. Regardless if you think it would be "profitable"or not. Kabam has had since 12.0 to sell Rank Down Tickets for profit. They don't want them in the game in that manner despite you thinking they'd be profitable. How can they continue to get a profit from other areas when all you have to do is recover resources. What's the point in adding those resources for rewards? What's to stop you from then asking for ISO and Gold recovery tickets for "once relevant champions"? There isn't. This rabbit hole knows no end.

Cull and Namor were part of a rebalance that changed part of their mechanics. Kabam let us decide if we wanted to still use them after the changes. If you didn't want too, they allowed you to sell them and get your resources back. What you left out from your "detailed" explaination is that if you naturally duped them, you didnt get sig stones back.

Rank down tickets and Sig stone recovery tickets defeat the entire purpose of resources acquisition. It's not good for game economy at all. But hey, I'm just small mind Kabam employee in the head office. 🤷

Also, maybe try having a conversation without tossing insults. You use a lot of big words but then completely embarrass yourself insulting anyone who doesn't agree. Grow up.

However, one might argue that that was a “choice” and the “pay to play” players are at an advantage already. The game wasn’t created to be “fair”. It was created to make money. Selling or making part of rewards for higher content an Signature Stone Recovery Ticket would be in line with the current profit scheme. The player completing higher content already get better rewards which places them at an advantage over other players, as does players with most of the god tier champs. Many players have few of the god tier champs and have to complete the dam content with lesser champs, forcing them to invest in these champs just to gain equal footing already.
    So, I don’t see this idea as more or less “fair”. Merely an extension of the already unbalanced RNG.

There is a similar argument for rank-down tickets.

But, like Demonzfyre stated, these types of tickets defeat the whole purpose of resource acquisition and resource use. Resources such as catalysts and sig stones are limited. You can't get more than you have whenever you want, unlike gold and iso.

The basis of MCOC is to obtain champions, make those champions stronger, and then to complete content. When you're making those champions stronger, you want to make the right decisions, since catalysts are limited in abundance. If you make the wrong decision, it can impact/stunt your progression. It should stay that way. Choosing who to rank up is strategy. You have to be careful about which resources you use on which champions. If you could just rank up a champion and then rank them down to get the resources back to use on another champion, it would defeat the whole purpose of acquiring resources, since you could just get them from existing champions. There's no strategy in that. You could just rank up a champion to complete a certain piece of content, and then rank them down to put those resources into another champ to complete another piece of content. Same thing with sig stones. It could be abused in a similar fashion, and although Kabam would love making money off of it, the player base might not share that same sentiment.

This also affects the P2P players too. They've spent money on sig stones to put into their champs. If they had access to these tickets, they could've just taken them out of champions that they've already duped multiple times naturally, like my sig 120 classic Spiderman. That means they could've saved money by just acquiring the ticket and then using it on a useless champ and gaining those sig stones to put into another champion instead of buying signature stones and putting them into said champion.

You spew all the dumb comments everyone else. Calling people trolls and Kabam employees because the viewpoint is different. And again, telling someone they shouldn't comment if they don't agree. Elitist much?

MCOC is a strategy game. Part of the strategy is resource management. Regardless if you think it would be "profitable"or not. Kabam has had since 12.0 to sell Rank Down Tickets for profit. They don't want them in the game in that manner despite you thinking they'd be profitable. How can they continue to get a profit from other areas when all you have to do is recover resources. What's the point in adding those resources for rewards? What's to stop you from then asking for ISO and Gold recovery tickets for "once relevant champions"? There isn't. This rabbit hole knows no end.

Cull and Namor were part of a rebalance that changed part of their mechanics. Kabam let us decide if we wanted to still use them after the changes. If you didn't want too, they allowed you to sell them and get your resources back. What you left out from your "detailed" explaination is that if you naturally duped them, you didnt get sig stones back.

Rank down tickets and Sig stone recovery tickets defeat the entire purpose of resources acquisition. It's not good for game economy at all. But hey, I'm just small mind Kabam employee in the head office. 🤷

Also, maybe try having a conversation without tossing insults. You use a lot of big words but then completely embarrass yourself insulting anyone who doesn't agree. Grow up.
    I’m glad you finally made a point other than you don’t agree and it’s an old topic. As for “elitist”, I don’t know, I merely was commenting that no one put any real thought into a good argument prior to @Notsavage19 comment above. He/she was the first to conjugate a rationalization for why it wasn’t a good idea.
    As to I attack anyone who disagrees, I believe my last reply to Notasavage proves otherwise. You came at me like a wise guy, so I gave it back. Deal.
    As far as “rabbit holes” that’s not a good argument as Kabam can decide what they want to do.
    And, finally, you misread what I said about “Kabam employee”. I didn’t insinuate you were one. I rhetorically asked if you were because they are my target audience, not players.
    If you don’t want to be treated like a jerk, try not acting like one.

But, like Demonzfyre stated, these types of tickets defeat the whole purpose of resource acquisition and resource use. Resources such as catalysts and sig stones are limited. You can't get more than you have whenever you want, unlike gold and iso.

The basis of MCOC is to obtain champions, make those champions stronger, and then to complete content. When you're making those champions stronger, you want to make the right decisions, since catalysts are limited in abundance. If you make the wrong decision, it can impact/stunt your progression. It should stay that way. Choosing who to rank up is strategy. You have to be careful about which resources you use on which champions. If you could just rank up a champion and then rank them down to get the resources back to use on another champion, it would defeat the whole purpose of acquiring resources, since you could just get them from existing champions. There's no strategy in that. You could just rank up a champion to complete a certain piece of content, and then rank them down to put those resources into another champ to complete another piece of content. Same thing with sig stones. It could be abused in a similar fashion, and although Kabam would love making money off of it, the player base might not share that same sentiment.

This also affects the P2P players too. They've spent money on sig stones to put into their champs. If they had access to these tickets, they could've just taken them out of champions that they've already duped multiple times naturally, like my sig 120 classic Spiderman. That means they could've saved money by just acquiring the ticket and then using it on a useless champ and gaining those sig stones to put into another champion instead of buying signature stones and putting them into said champion.

Thanks for the reply. It’s well thought out I hadn’t considered that.