**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can you enable 5 star champ selling?

I’m probably gonna be leaving the game soon, just too many bad 6 star pulls and end game content is out of control hard so I’m definitely not gonna 100% act 6 and waiting 3 months for another bad night 6 star opening, I’m just basically I think at the end of this 4 year journey and it would be fun to sell all my 5 stars (132 of them) and just crack open a beer and pop like like 2-4 6 stars before I bounce, can this be unlocked?

Comments

• Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    5 stars are the new 4 stars which you could still sell when 5 stars where the big thing.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Why?
  • Options
    When you sell a champ you get shards of a higher tier so if I sold like 132 champs, most rank 2 up, I should get enough shards to pop open a couple or few 6 stars. It would just be for fun before I go.
  • Options
    Yeah, but Kabam ain't gonna implement that since Miike already said that selling serve no purpose, and that he may be looking into removing the option completely.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Yeah, but Kabam ain't gonna implement that since Miike already said that selling serve no purpose, and that he may be looking into removing the option completely.

Granted that’s just his opinion, not being the head honcho. I’m sure it could happen in the future at some point, but nothing is cemented as of right now.
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★

When you sell a champ you get shards of a higher tier so if I sold like 132 champs, most rank 2 up, I should get enough shards to pop open a couple or few 6 stars. It would just be for fun before I go.

Sells 132 5*s, pulls a 6* Groot and Iron Patriot, creates another post about unfair 6* rng.
  • Options
    @Uncle_Fatty_247 Nah dude, just a fun last opening, period.
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★

@Uncle_Fatty_247 Nah dude, just a fun last opening, period.

All good man, just a joke on what most likely will happen lol...I do like the idea if you want to completely distance yourself from this game forever, eliminates any chance to have a relapse 👍🏽
  • Options
    No worries dude, that definitely happens all the time for sure.

P.S. why are so many people disagreeing, this literally doesn’t affect anyone who doesn’t want to if that option is there to use? So confused.
  • Options
    Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    i would love the ability to sell 5*.
    on my alt account i want to rank only a select few 5* to fit a certain theme.
    however befor i decided this there is a couple of 5* i ranked to rank 2 that i would love to sell.
    basically what i am going for is all the Guardians Of the Galaxy at r5 (eventually) currently only have Groot and Rocket at r4.... and then a very select few others will be r4 to actually be useful in content.
    but i want all the other champs at 1/1.
    so yeah i would love to be able to sell the ones i ranked up and no longer want ranked.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Never sell champs
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

• Options

Never sell champs

great to have that opinon, and great to share that as general advice for people to follow.
    however it is not black and white. and i believe if we can sell 4* why can't we sell 5*.

as i said i wanna sell some on my alt cus i wanna theme my account with particular rankups. if someone is a more casual player there is nothing wrong with selling one or two champs here and there.

u used to be able to sell 5*. kabam locked the option the sell them when there were no 6* as selling them did not give shards so it was to stop people from selling them. now there are 6* it stands to reason that 5* should be sellable.
    i hazard a guess that the reason whey kabam have not unlocked the ability to sell 5* as they want to lessen the extent of account rating manipulation. s it has now become common knowledge that Alliance rating plays a part in war matchup calculations it stands to reason that they want to lessen the extent that someone can manipulate their account rating. why they have not locked 4* and lower i dunno.

and this is just my guess and speculation but i believe the option should be there for those that want to sell for whatever reason however there should also be a disclaimer that states rewards from duping champs a few time far outweighs the rewards from selling a champ and you may also never get that champ back and you may need / want them some day. but if someone knows what they are doing and certain they wanna sell.
    why not? who cares.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Honestly I would only sell 2 of my 5 stars Magneto and Falcon
  • Options

Never sell champs

great to have that opinon, and great to share that as general advice for people to follow.
    however it is not black and white. and i believe if we can sell 4* why can't we sell 5*.

as i said i wanna sell some on my alt cus i wanna theme my account with particular rankups. if someone is a more casual player there is nothing wrong with selling one or two champs here and there.

u used to be able to sell 5*. kabam locked the option the sell them when there were no 6* as selling them did not give shards so it was to stop people from selling them. now there are 6* it stands to reason that 5* should be sellable.
    i hazard a guess that the reason whey kabam have not unlocked the ability to sell 5* as they want to lessen the extent of account rating manipulation. s it has now become common knowledge that Alliance rating plays a part in war matchup calculations it stands to reason that they want to lessen the extent that someone can manipulate their account rating. why they have not locked 4* and lower i dunno.

and this is just my guess and speculation but i believe the option should be there for those that want to sell for whatever reason however there should also be a disclaimer that states rewards from duping champs a few time far outweighs the rewards from selling a champ and you may also never get that champ back and you may need / want them some day. but if someone knows what they are doing and certain they wanna sell.
    why not? who cares.
    Also because people can accidentally sell their champs, and it's pain for Kabam CS to go back and un-sell those champs.
  • Options
    but you get a warning, you get two confirmations. you would get a "warning you are about to sell a 5*" and then another confirmation after seeing what you would get.
    so its not exactly easy to accidentally sell a champ.
  • Options

but you get a warning, you get two confirmations. you would get a "warning you are about to sell a 5*" and then another confirmation after seeing what you would get.
    so its not exactly easy to accidentally sell a champ.

Some people may have disabled that. Oops.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    you still get the one confirmation.even if you have disabled it.
    or kabam could make it so you cant disable that confirmation.
    or they could add a third confirmation even.
    very very very super easy fix.

i just can't understand for the life of me why anyone would be against features that give players freedom of choice over what they do. it absolutely boggles my mind.
    i understand why you are against selling champs.
    i understand why you youself do not want to sell a champ.
    but what is the problem with someone else selling a champ?
    what do you get out of stopping them from seeling a champ?
    what do you lose if they can sell a champ?
    absolutely nothing.

there is no need to prevent people from selling.
  • Options
    But then again, why would Kabam waste their time over something as trivial as this?
  • Options
    its literally just gunna be an addition of a tiny bit of code.
    the code is already there.
    once upon a time we could sell 5*.
    and the code for selling 4* is the same.
    all it would be is removing a bit of code that has the restriction in place and or adding a couple lines.
    it would be a 5 minute job.

why are you against it being added? every little thing that gives the players control is a good thing.
    if something is not going to negatively affect you there is no reason to argue against it. it just shows bad personality traits within yourself.
  • Options
    Because it has no benefit at all. Newer players could fall for the trap of selling.

Also, please do tell me what "bad traits" disagreeing with a pointless post shows? I would love to hear your answer.
  • Options
    not gunna fall for the trap of going into deatl.

but at the end of the day anything that can benifit a player should be done.
    anything that enables choice should be done.
    anything that has no negative impact should be done.
    there is literally no valid reason not to allow selling of 5*.
    let alone a reason worth arguing about.

my gameplay experience on my second account is negatively affected because i cannot sell 5*.
    your gameplay will not be affected at all if i could sell them.
  • Options

not gunna fall for the trap of going into deatl.

but at the end of the day anything that can benifit a player should be done.
    anything that enables choice should be done.
    anything that has no negative impact should be done.
    there is literally no valid reason not to allow selling of 5*.
    let alone a reason worth arguing about.

my gameplay experience on my second account is negatively affected because i cannot sell 5*.
    your gameplay will not be affected at all if i could sell them.

1. It doesn't benefit players.
    2. So Kabam should just let players choose what characters they want?
    3. It can possibly have a negative impact on a player. Also, the notion that anything that has no negative impact should be done is completely false. Do you know how much time would be wasted if everyone did everything that had "no negative impact"?
    4. I gave you a valid reason. I'll give you another one. Easy access to 6* shards.
    5. OP made a post. Which means I'm free to express my opinion.

"my gameplay experience on my second account is negatively affected because i cannot sell 5*."
    You are not special. It doesn't matter if you're "negatively affected". My forum experienced is being negatively affected right now. Am I complaining? No.

Also, I could argue that my gameplay experience would be affected because it could give players an unfair advantage over me.

Player A and Player B both almost have a fully formed 6*, and 5 legendary crystals.
    Player A pulls 5 5*s.
    Player B pulls no 5*s.

Player A then sells the 5 5*s they get to obtain 6* shards. Player A now has a fully formed 6* crystal, which means they have an advantage over Player B when there really wouldn't have been.
  • Options
    LOLOLOL.
    is all i can say.

1. it can sometimes benifit players depending on what they want and how they wanna play.
    2. LMAO. compare two different things is not a fair comparison.
    3. it only has a negative impact if you choose to use the feature. if you don't use it it has no negative impact.
    4. whats the problem with acess to 275 6* shards?
    5. and so am I.

your example is inaccurate as both players have the same opportunity and i many many circumstances having more 5* is better than a single 6*.

like i said i understand why one would want to never sell. heck i would never sell on my main account.
    but on my jr i would sell even i i did not get 6* shards. i cant see any valid reason why i shouldnt be able to do that other than "someone might make a mistake" oh well thats on them. if kabam put a warning and they ignore it, its on them.
  • Options

LOLOLOL.
    is all i can say.

1. it can sometimes benifit players depending on what they want and how they wanna play.
    2. LMAO. compare two different things is not a fair comparison.
    3. it only has a negative impact if you choose to use the feature. if you don't use it it has no negative impact.
    4. whats the problem with acess to 275 6* shards?
    5. and so am I.

your example is inaccurate as both players have the same opportunity and i many many circumstances having more 5* is better than a single 6*.

like i said i understand why one would want to never sell. heck i would never sell on my main account.
    but on my jr i would sell even i i did not get 6* shards. i cant see any valid reason why i shouldnt be able to do that other than "someone might make a mistake" oh well thats on them. if kabam put a warning and they ignore it, its on them.

1. It literally doesn't benefit players.
    2. "LMAO. compare two different things is not a fair comparison." Did you not say that "anything that enables choice should be done"? Your words basically invited me to compare two different things.
    3. That's like saying doing drugs only impacts you if you do them, and that's why it should be legal.
    4. The problem is that newer players have better access to 5*s. By just selling them, they might be able to form a 6* at a time in their progression where they shouldn't be.
    5. Ummm. Okay.

You could potentially sell all the bad 5* pulls that you get and pull and amazing 6*. That's not fair to someone who has decent 5*s. An amazing 6* has much more firepower than a few decent 5*s. You should have to live with your bad pulls, not trade them in for something better.
  • Options
    man you make me laugh.
    what about when 5* were the top and you could 4* and get 5* shards?
    C'mon dude seriously.....
    there is literally no valid reason to have 5* unable to be sold.

just to make it more obvious cus you didnt understand, anything that can be done to benifit the player that does not break the balance of the game should be done.
    selling 5* for 275 6* shards does not do that chosing your champ would. firstly it would take selling 36 5* champs to get a 6*. if ytou are at the point where you can afford to sell 36 5* champs you are at a poiunt where having a 6* fits in your account. and secondly even if you sold 36 5* to get a 6* there is a 85% chance that the champ you get is garbage and less useful to your roster than those 36 5* were.
    atleast 36 5* is a decent arena grind. 1 6* Iron Patriot is just useless.

this is not a forum to talk about the politics of drugs nor the negative affects of drug users and those around them. don't bring those kinds of topics up around here.
  • Options
    I used those topics to show you why your points are illogical. I'm not discussing them, just using them as examples. Who died and made you "Guardian"? Darling, don't tell me what I can or can't do unless you have an orange tag next to your name.

Hey, you could argue that selling 5*s could break the game since the availability of 6* shards could ruin some part of the in-game economy. Of course, I don't know the specifics, like DNA does, but my point still stands that selling 5*s could give an advantage over other players. Also, I feel that if you get a trash 5*, you should live it that trash 5*.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    firstly its a fair thing to tell you not to talk about drug use on this forum thats fair. you mentioning that topic opens it up for discussion. if i wish to refute that point i need to enter into that discusssion therefore you are beginning the discussion. i am refusing to enter it as it is not something that belongs here for discussion.
    also no need to be rude and condescending.
    you can sell 4* why can't you sell 5*?
    you could sell 4* when 5* were the top that didnt break the game economy. why would selling 5* suddenly break it?
    and how would selling a 5* bfor 275 6* shards break the economy more than buying an odin and a bunch of cav crystals?
    seriously c'mon that argument is flawed and has absolutely no basis.
    you can literally buy yourself a giant roster.
    how is 275 shards gunna break the game.
    you just love to argue for the point of arguing.

in one breath you say "selling literally doesnt benifit the player" and in the very next breath you say "selling for 6* shards may break the game because it unfairly benifits players"
    those two entiments are polar opposite and both cannot be true at the same time.
  • Options
    LMAO rude and condescending? Your little "this is not a forum to talk" gave off that impression.

I should've chosen my words more carefully. Selling produces no net gain.

But, selling can still give an advantage to players.

You have an account with 36 5* duds. You sell them all to get a great 6*. How is that fair?

My argument is flawed? How about your "if I can sell 4*s, then I can sell 5*s?"

You're not seeing it in the context of the game as a whole. Your logic is "if I can do ____, I can do ____." That's flawed.

If I can bring Act 5 with 4*s, I should be able to bring 4*s into Act 6.
    If I can level up my 2* with X amount of ISO, I should be able to level up my 3* fully with the same amount of ISO.

Do you see the problem?