**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is the number of parts in chapters being reduced?

Hello Summoners! This picture shows the beta test of Act 7, and it can also be seen that Act 7 will already have three parts in each chapter. In my opinion, it will not matter three parts, or six. Indeed, from this the complexity of the task will not change. In my opinion, this is already a lack of KABAM imagination ... Thank you for your attention.
Regards, Rasch

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Ok
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Either it's meant to be reduced, either they want to change how it works, either there is no need for more, or something else.
    They can just do more paths per quest, ending up with the same amount of paths to explore than act 6
  • Options
    Rasch_Rasch_ Posts: 17

The Beta has been completely scrapped so this whole conversation is no longer relevant.

That is, there will be no act 7?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    Rasch_ said:

The Beta has been completely scrapped so this whole conversation is no longer relevant.

That is, there will be no act 7?
    there will be, but they’re doing a total rework
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I was in the beta as well it was overall less fights but it was still highly annoying. The 9 also required more than 70 energy and had more fights per path than act 6.4.6 so the change was mostly cosmetic. So really in terms of fights it was really the equivalent of at least 5 chapters.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Maybe it is too hard to come up with impossible node combinations. So rather they make it 3 missions and cramp the same number of paths in 3 missions.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    Rabanga said:

I don't know if this is rhetorical or you people don't fully understand how Kabam does their act releases. There are three chapters in the beta...that has been scraped but when they release act 7 it will be 1-3 chapters...then they will release the remaining chapters...its called a slow roll out.

Look at picture and post again. Shows 3 Quests in Chapter 1.

They are not talking about how many Chapters in the Act (which may roll out partially and then add more Chapters later).

They mean how many Quests WITHIN a Chapter.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    The change in the number of quests per chapter was to streamline the creation of the content and allow them to roll it out more quickly and regularly than previous story content.

The 9 also required more than 70 energy and had more fights per path than act 6.4.6 so the change was mostly cosmetic. So really in terms of fights it was really the equivalent of at least 5 chapters.

That is flat out wrong. You can likely still view the beta forums to verify just how wrong these statements are.

The energy cost per path was the same 90 energy as Act 6. Completion energy cost was cut by 50% and exploration by 25%. And the number of fights per path were exactly the same as Act 6.3 and 6.4. It’s the equivalent of 4 and a half quests/chapters.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    Yes, they could have used the word “number of QUESTS in chapters”.
    But point is their title is asking about number of “something” IN the chapters.

Not asking “number of chapters”
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Rabanga said:

Rabanga said:

I don't know if this is rhetorical or you people don't fully understand how Kabam does their act releases. There are three chapters in the beta...that has been scraped but when they release act 7 it will be 1-3 chapters...then they will release the remaining chapters...its called a slow roll out.

Look at picture and post again. Shows 3 Quests in Chapter 1.

They are not talking about how many Chapters in the Act (which may roll out partially and then add more Chapters later).

They mean how many Quests WITHIN a Chapter.
    Yes...thats the BETA...it wasn't completed work.

Also, the literal name of the thread is...

WHY IS THE NUMBER OF PARTS IN CHAPTERS BEING REDUCED?

If they means something else...they should have said something else.
    Were you in the beta? If you were, you'd know that this was intended as how they want Act 7 to be. It was in the announcement post on the Beta forums. They stated they wanted to shorten the amount of time a player takes for completion but try and keep the time it takes to 100% the quest about the same. This is why they made it 3 chapters. You have 3 paths to completion but the difficulty is much harder as you'll have 9 paths. This also allows them to release content faster vs having to do 6 quest chapters.

They are purposefully keeping chapters to 3 for Act 7. What they are scrapping are the fights we came across for that Act. If you watch Seatins video of the Sabretooth fight, that fight right there had all of us telling the Devs how terrible it was. They are taking the feedback about the fights back. Now I don't know if they will stick to 3 chapters or not but I think it's a win for us as it's less fights overall and a ton of less energy as well.
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    Beta
  • Options
    AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Its just a beta. Here the chapter is not completed because they didnt created it yet.
  • Options

Obviously subject to change but I think they'll keep the format of 4 chapters and 3 quests.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    It could be just part of the beta and if it isn't then it is going to be difficult
  • Options
    I wonder how many people actually read comments in threads before posting.