Slow debuff not working properly against 6.2.6 champion boss

So i was doing my initial completion of 6.2.6 and decided to take my 5*r3 she hulk against champion boss to drop his health from 100%-10%.The slow debuff from she hulk was removing unstoppable effect but it was not preventing it from getting activate that's not an issue but the only issue is that in 70%-40% (opening bout)
phase of champion boss there's one of his ability that if he we hit him while he has an active unstoppable buff we'll get stunned. I used 9 revives but i was not able to beat him in that form. So i don't know if it's a bug or not but i saw it on YouTube and their slow debuffs was preventing unstoppable from getting activate.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,944 ★★★★★
    Probably because he has the linked node of "enhanced abilities", which then would mkae him trigger the unstoppable buff
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★

Probably because he has the linked node of "enhanced abilities", which then would mkae him trigger the unstoppable buff

Well he removed all the links
  • RiyanQureshiRiyanQureshi Member Posts: 5
    As i said that it was my first initial completion so i took the easiest path which removes all link nodes.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Slow reduces the chance to activate an unstoppable buff by 100% the Champion himself has an ability that increases his chance to activate his buffs and that ability overrides slow’s chance to prevent the buff from occurring.

The Power Stone Champion in Act 6.2 has an even greater +%chance.

• Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    We've gone ahead and passed this report to the rest of the team so they can look into it.
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Member Posts: 251

Slow reduces the chance to activate an unstoppable buff by 100% the Champion himself has an ability that increases his chance to activate his buffs and that ability overrides slow’s chance to prevent the buff from occurring.

The Power Stone Champion in Act 6.2 has an even greater +%chance.

That ability is only with the contests greatest fighters and she hulk is not included
  • RiyanQureshiRiyanQureshi Member Posts: 5
    I was looking on YouTube about it and here it is what i found
    https://youtu.be/VaKzjzYW-3E
    It's a bug, MetalSonicDude explained it in this video
    edited June 2020

That gameplay was amazing, kudos to the creator.

But I'm pretty sure that's not a bug. If anything the unstoppable buff only triggering but not functioning is a bug.

As explained above, slow provides 100% unstoppable/evade aar. This particular champion however, even with all nodes removed, gets an additonal +25% buff ability accuracy.

This is why his unstoppable can still trigger. And probably why it should still function, although I'd rather not see the fight get harder than it already is.
    The ability accuracy is specific to him gaining his buffs and not the potency of his buffs. The unstoppable buff gives him the ability to be unstoppable (default 100% chance) but absent +Ability Accuracy slow ignores the 100% of the ability the buff gives.

I think neither gaining the buff nor the ability to ignore it’s effects are a bug.
  • PeeschweePeeschwee Member Posts: 13
    following as I think slow should stop unstoppable from even activating. R4'd She Hulk for this fight! its bs
  • TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★★
    It’s definitely a bug. I find it in other places every now and again with Stealth Spidey where I’ll place a slow but the unstoppable still acttivates. When I hit them it’s fine, nothing happens and I can still land combos, but against champs like Juggernaut it still registers as he’s unstopppable so you can’t parry him etc. this NEEDS to be looked at becuse many champions (she hulk, Spider Gwen, Stealthy for example) have such great utility beacuse of this slow debuff. This doesn’t happen with evade though.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Member Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I used She-Hulk for most of my Champion runs about a year ago...especially the 100%-10% part. Except for the Enhanced Abilities path, I never had a problem with the 70%-40% range where he can stun on contact. Champion was nearly always Slowed and I never got stunned in that range (again, except for Enhanced Abilities).

That said, I'm inclined to agree with @CoatHang3r based on the information he posted. If those descriptions are current, it looks like there should be a 25% chance for Unstoppable to trigger even when a slow debuff is applied. Based on my experience, I'd guess that the fight was previously bugged (Unstoppable never triggering when slowed) and it was since fixed. Just a guess on my part.
    Sounds about right @Mirage_Turtle, the screenshot I posted is from The Champion available to summoners , but 6.2.6s The Champion is something like +40% and encompasses all champions rather than the 12 listed.
  • BreadyboyBreadyboy Member Posts: 37

That gameplay was amazing, kudos to the creator.

But I'm pretty sure that's not a bug. If anything the unstoppable buff only triggering but not functioning is a bug.

As explained above, slow provides 100% unstoppable/evade aar. This particular champion however, even with all nodes removed, gets an additonal +25% buff ability accuracy.

This is why his unstoppable can still trigger. And probably why it should still function, although I'd rather not see the fight get harder than it already is.

Either way, though, since the stun you get from hitting him in that one phase does not interact with slow, that's essentially all working well. At least working at expected. The video you shared however also answers your problem, just heavy the unstoppable buffs away.
    Look, if all the linked nodes are down, it means he has a 25% chance to activate unstopabble. But, it is super clear that he is not activating it 1/4 of the time, it is super common. It is also a problem for stark spidey because he only puts a slow onto the opponent after the last light attack meaning he can't nullify that easily. This leads to a problem when it is impossible to play him in the phase where contact stuns. -When really, he should be one of the greatest counters
  • Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    Hey there, I can confirm that what is happening here isn't a bug. The Champion boss gets increased ability accuracy for his Buffs in this fight. This would increase his ability accuracy above 100%, which would allow him a chance to activate his Unstoppable Buff, even if Slow decreases its ability accuracy by 100%. That said, while Slow is applied, it should still be causing him to react to every hit as though he weren't Unstoppable. We're working on updating the description of Slow to clarify this interaction.