**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss Rewards Update [Merged Threads]

1121314151618»

Comments

• Matimus_13Matimus_13 Posts: 18
    Will the pick be from the basic pool or will all champs be in it ie Red Guardian etc?
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    @Kabam Miike Till this point time it is clear enough that you have again steeped on the tail of the dog. Trust me when i say that the overall state of the game as promised in the future looks great. Also the step taken to reward the players who have done 100 percent of Abyss is awesome. It's simple enough to understand either don't take the 15k 6 star shards from the one's who are clearing the content at our own pace on such a short notice - (still 4 paths left) else please extend the deadline by at least a month.
    15k shards is a huge deal for us right now. It may be a useless champ/dupe but its still a huge potential drop opportunity for an individual. I request you and the team not to remove the 6 star shards with such an immediate notice.
    It's as unfair as it can get. Don't force the player base to clear content in this covid situation. It's morally wrong and depressing.

Regards,
    Daksh
    India
  • TheMightyJonTheMightyJon Posts: 52
    Diksh619 said:

@Kabam Miike Till this point time it is clear enough that you have again steeped on the tail of the dog. Trust me when i say that the overall state of the game as promised in the future looks great. Also the step taken to reward the players who have done 100 percent of Abyss is awesome. It's simple enough to understand either don't take the 15k 6 star shards from the one's who are clearing the content at our own pace on such a short notice - (still 4 paths left) else please extend the deadline by at least a month.
    15k shards is a huge deal for us right now. It may be a useless champ/dupe but its still a huge potential drop opportunity for an individual. I request you and the team not to remove the 6 star shards with such an immediate notice.
    It's as unfair as it can get. Don't force the player base to clear content in this covid situation. It's morally wrong and depressing.

Regards,
    Daksh
    India

I agree with you that it should be the same across the board, everyone should get equal rewards regardless of when they explore Abyss but saying deadline should be increased by one month really only benefits those who already have counters ready for the fights that need them (I imagine you fall into this category) I've got one path done but unless I get some great RNG in upcoming crystals I won't be exploring in that timeframe.
    Also saying the decision is morally wrong and bringing Covid-19 into the argument isn't likely to sway them, other than to maybe to dig there heels in. Hopefully if enough people register their opinion they'll rethink the decision but using that kind of language is likely to just antagonise.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    qartweli said:

will the red guardian be in science crystall?

If you wait 3 months to open it. Pretty sure it will be the basic pool of each class. That's typically how the class crystals work.
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★

Diksh619 said:

Regards,
    Daksh
    India

I agree with you that it should be the same across the board, everyone should get equal rewards regardless of when they explore Abyss but saying deadline should be increased by one month really only benefits those who already have counters ready for the fights that need them (I imagine you fall into this category) I've got one path done but unless I get some great RNG in upcoming crystals I won't be exploring in that timeframe.
    Also saying the decision is morally wrong and bringing Covid-19 into the argument isn't likely to sway them, other than to maybe to dig there heels in. Hopefully if enough people register their opinion they'll rethink the decision but using that kind of language is likely to just antagonise.
    I totally agree with you. This decision is extremely unfair. I wish they remove it all together. Let the player base have equal rewards at least for their permanent content.
  • Blackmagic05Blackmagic05 Posts: 17
    This is not damn fair who have not completed 100% abyss yet
  • AndroggsAndroggs Posts: 107

Totally agree. There was already incentive for the ones to finish 100% abyss first with top rewards depending on their time. I can't see how this idea was deemed fair.

If this happens on June 25th the precedent will be set. I think it will only be fair for them to buff the rewards for act 6 for the ones that 100% before they water it down. But to think about it, they should do that regardless. Probably won't.

Disgusted by this move. I usually don't get into the whole boycott or complaining about the small stuff but this is just wrong. They have the right to do this but doesn't mean that it is right.
  • BAMBAM232BAMBAM232 Posts: 22
    Kabam stop smoking crack
    Listen to the players
    Don't remove the 15k shards and add a T5CC selector crystal
    You can thank me later
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Are they even acknowledging the points brought up? If not I want my bugged invisible woman compensation she kept reviving.

Nice view here from under the rug.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Kabam day that “content is there permanently, no need to rush through it” but time and time again they prove that rushing through will benefit you:
    1) variant gem bug
    2) AOL skill champions bug
    3) AOL GULK adjustment
    4) act 6 planetary boost
    Etc etc etc
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    MattMan said:

Kabam day that “content is there permanently, no need to rush through it” but time and time again they prove that rushing through will benefit you:
    1) variant gem bug
    3) AOL GULK adjustment
    4) act 6 planetary boost
    Etc etc etc

And all of your points are easily countered by the fact that those who completed and explored earlier had to spend a lot to do it, while those who waited have the luxury of seeing what the best options are before tackling the content.
  • DalBot said:

MattMan said:

1) variant gem bug
    3) AOL GULK adjustment
    4) act 6 planetary boost
    Etc etc etc

And all of your points are easily countered by the fact that those who completed and explored earlier had to spend a lot to do it, while those who waited have the luxury of seeing what the best options are before tackling the content.
    Except the planetary boost, of course.
  • KingKevin8KingKevin8 Posts: 114 ★★

Yup.... This is pretty much pushing an even bigger gap between whales who finish everything on the first day and the average player who takes months to finish. The whales get 15,000 more shards and get to pick a their class crystal after opening their t5cc. I don't know what kabam is thinking with this. Why not just keep the shards as they are and send a class crystal selector in the mail that expires in 7 days. Kabam may think an extra 15,000 shards is "game breaking", but what's really game breaking is the divide they are causing between whales and average players.
  • BAMBAM232BAMBAM232 Posts: 22
    DNA3000 said:

Knation said:

DNA3000 said:

loader187 said:

so this is something that would be funny. Based on the list Seatin put up of all the characters in each class of the 6* basic pool.

Mutant Skill Science Mystic Cosmic Tech

12 16 11 11 14 12 Not worth it

10 7 11 7 11 8 Worth it

How many people will pull all 10 'Not Worth it" Champions when they open it. Its possible to get 100% 'Not Worth it' Champions in one pull

lol

I'm not going to review the choices here, just assume that your breakdown is correct for discussion purposes.

In that case, the odds of pulling ten out of ten "not worth it" for each class is (assuming I haven't made an error, these are on the fly calculations):

Mutant: 1 in 9798
    Skill: 1 in 143
    Science: 1 in 58788
    Mystic: 1 in 3978
    Cosmic: 1 in 3265
    Tech: 1 in 2799

Best odds are with Science: it is possible someone will see that, but we likely won't see that kind of pull for quite a while. Mutant is second best, where only one in about ten thousand players are going to see ten out of ten being in the "not worth it" category. Mystic, Cosmic, and Tech are all in the one out of two to four thousand range. This is going to happen to a few players.

The odds for skill are rather high, depending on your point of view. It is less than one percent for any one player, so the odds are still good for avoiding a ten out of ten pull. However, at one in 143 we're also pretty much *guaranteed* to see players pull this sequence, probably soon after the crystal materializes. Again, I'm not endorsing the valuations themselves, but those odds are a little higher than I'm comfortable with. One in a hundred sounds great, unless hundreds of people are doing it.

For those interested in the math. If you have 12 bad and 10 good options, the odds of pulling one bad option is 12/22. *After* you pull that bad option since repeats are excluded the odds of pulling a second one become 11 in 21. So the odds of pulling all bad ten in a row become (12/22) * (11/21) * (10/20) * ... (3/13): ten terms total. This simplifies to 12!/2! / (22!/12!). Call the "Not worth it" amount N and the "Worth it" amount W. The formula becomes N!/(N-10!) / ((N+W)!/(N+W-10)!)

Note the corner case: if N is less than ten, at least one term in the long expansion becomes zero (and the simplifications break) and the entire product becomes zero. Which it should be, because if there are less than ten "Not worth it" options then it is impossible to pull ten of them. The odds of doing so become zero.
    That’s very subjective to what’s not worth it though
    The numbers stated above seem to just be decent champs not ones worth r3 which is again subjective
    Yes it is, which is why I said I'm not reviewing or endorsing the actual value choices. I'm just taking one person's evaluation, and converting the values into odds.

Let's look at the absolute worst case scenario, where someone thinks only one option is worth getting (if the number is zero, then obviously they won't pick that class). In that case, the odds of getting that one choice in the ten options of the Abyss Nexus are:

Mutant: 10/22 = 45%
    Skill: 10/23 = 43%
    Science: 10/22 = 45%
    Mystic: 10/18 = 56%
    Cosmic: 10/25 = 40%
    Tech: 10/21 = 48%

This is the absolute worst case scenario. But I should point out while many players claim that one and only one champion can "help" them at where ever they are in the game, to be blunt either that's either false, or they've probably exceeded the boundaries of the game to accommodate them. The champion acquisition system simply can't accommodate those players.

How many champs are at least *nominally* worth R3? That is, as you say, subjective, but I would conservatively break them down into two categories: obvious R3 options, and reasonable R3 options. The obvious ones are likely candidates to rank up more or less immediately while the reasonable ones would be potential R3 options in the not too distant future or unconventional choices a player might reasonably make.

Based on that criteria, and trying to be conservative (meaning, only champs I'm absolutely comfortable picking, and not just debatable) I would then say, sticking my own neck out here:

Mutant: Obvious: Domino, Omega Red, Sunspot. Reasonable: Havok, Namor, Colossus
    Skill: Obvious: Aegon, Nick Fury, Stealth Spidey. Reasonable: Killmonger.
    Science: Obvious: Void, CapIW, Torch. Reasonable: Thing, Gulk, IW.
    Mystic: Obvious: SymSupreme, Doom. Reasonable: Morningstar, Claire
    Cosmic: Corvus, CMM. Reasonable: VtD, Cull, Venom
    Tech: Ghost, Warlock. Reasonable: Sentinel, Guillotine 2099

Under that criteria, the odds of getting at least one obvious, and at least one reasonable or obvious, for each class become:

Note: when I counted them myself there were 21 tech, not 20.
    Are these stats legit?
    Does it take onto account the reduction of champs from the pool each time one is selected?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    BAMBAM232 said:

DNA3000 said:

Knation said:

DNA3000 said:

loader187 said:

so this is something that would be funny. Based on the list Seatin put up of all the characters in each class of the 6* basic pool.

10 7 11 7 11 8 Worth it

How many people will pull all 10 'Not Worth it" Champions when they open it. Its possible to get 100% 'Not Worth it' Champions in one pull

lol

I'm not going to review the choices here, just assume that your breakdown is correct for discussion purposes.

In that case, the odds of pulling ten out of ten "not worth it" for each class is (assuming I haven't made an error, these are on the fly calculations):

Best odds are with Science: it is possible someone will see that, but we likely won't see that kind of pull for quite a while. Mutant is second best, where only one in about ten thousand players are going to see ten out of ten being in the "not worth it" category. Mystic, Cosmic, and Tech are all in the one out of two to four thousand range. This is going to happen to a few players.

The odds for skill are rather high, depending on your point of view. It is less than one percent for any one player, so the odds are still good for avoiding a ten out of ten pull. However, at one in 143 we're also pretty much *guaranteed* to see players pull this sequence, probably soon after the crystal materializes. Again, I'm not endorsing the valuations themselves, but those odds are a little higher than I'm comfortable with. One in a hundred sounds great, unless hundreds of people are doing it.

For those interested in the math. If you have 12 bad and 10 good options, the odds of pulling one bad option is 12/22. *After* you pull that bad option since repeats are excluded the odds of pulling a second one become 11 in 21. So the odds of pulling all bad ten in a row become (12/22) * (11/21) * (10/20) * ... (3/13): ten terms total. This simplifies to 12!/2! / (22!/12!). Call the "Not worth it" amount N and the "Worth it" amount W. The formula becomes N!/(N-10!) / ((N+W)!/(N+W-10)!)

Note the corner case: if N is less than ten, at least one term in the long expansion becomes zero (and the simplifications break) and the entire product becomes zero. Which it should be, because if there are less than ten "Not worth it" options then it is impossible to pull ten of them. The odds of doing so become zero.
    The numbers stated above seem to just be decent champs not ones worth r3 which is again subjective
    Yes it is, which is why I said I'm not reviewing or endorsing the actual value choices. I'm just taking one person's evaluation, and converting the values into odds.

Let's look at the absolute worst case scenario, where someone thinks only one option is worth getting (if the number is zero, then obviously they won't pick that class). In that case, the odds of getting that one choice in the ten options of the Abyss Nexus are:

This is the absolute worst case scenario. But I should point out while many players claim that one and only one champion can "help" them at where ever they are in the game, to be blunt either that's either false, or they've probably exceeded the boundaries of the game to accommodate them. The champion acquisition system simply can't accommodate those players.

How many champs are at least *nominally* worth R3? That is, as you say, subjective, but I would conservatively break them down into two categories: obvious R3 options, and reasonable R3 options. The obvious ones are likely candidates to rank up more or less immediately while the reasonable ones would be potential R3 options in the not too distant future or unconventional choices a player might reasonably make.

Based on that criteria, and trying to be conservative (meaning, only champs I'm absolutely comfortable picking, and not just debatable) I would then say, sticking my own neck out here:

Under that criteria, the odds of getting at least one obvious, and at least one reasonable or obvious, for each class become:

Are these stats legit?
    Does it take onto account the reduction of champs from the pool each time one is selected?
    The Champs exist on the pool no matter what. It's not a certain number up for grabs. Meaning if you pull a Doom, he's still in the pool.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

MattMan said:

1) variant gem bug
    3) AOL GULK adjustment
    4) act 6 planetary boost
    Etc etc etc

Well I don't have an issue with people doing content early, but your argument that others have the luxury of seeing what champs can be used is stupid. Those who are doing content first want to do it first. They aren't being forced to. Yes they're affected by the initial bugs in content, but doesn't mean that anyone doing content first or last should get special preference. It's the players call as to when they want to do content.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    BAMBAM232 said:

DNA3000 said:

Knation said:

DNA3000 said:

loader187 said:

10 7 11 7 11 8 Worth it

lol

Are these stats legit?
    If you mean does the math take into account the fact that you can't pull two of the same champion in the Nexus crystal, then yes it does.

Let's break down Mutant to see where the numbers come from. By my breakdown there were six reasonable choices out of 22. That means to get none of them you would need to pick ten draws out of the 16 that I didn't select as reasonable choices. The odds of doing that once are 16 out of 22. After that happens, there are now 15 "unreasonable" choices out of 21. So the odds of pulling another such champion after pulling the first one is 15 out of 21. So to do this ten times in a row means you have to first pull a champ that has 16/22 odds, then 15/21, then 14 out of 20, and so on.

You end up with 16/22 x 15/21 x 14/20 x 13/19 x ... 7/13. We can multiply all the numerators and denominators separately, and rearrange to get (16 x 15 x ... x 7) / (22 x 21 x ... x 13). To make this easier to do on a calculator, 16 x ... x 7 is 16! / 6! (16!= 16 factorial= 16 x 15 x ... x 2 x 1). 22 x 21 x ... 13 = 22!/12!. So we get 16!/6! / (22!/12!). And that is 16! x 12! / (22! x 6!). That's just a couple calculator buttons, and you get about 0.143. Which are the odds of pulling ten squibs. So the odds of not pulling ten squibs, meaning at least one will be a reasonable choice (by my subjective evaluation), is 1 - 0.143 = 0.857 or 85.7%.
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★
    Imo i think they should add a 5* version of the nexus selector for abyss completion and labyrinth exploration. Please consider this @Kabam Miike
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★

Imo i think they should add a 5* version of the nexus selector for abyss completion and labyrinth exploration. Please consider this @Kabam Miike

Good idea.
  • AndroggsAndroggs Posts: 107
    Smh...looks like they reduced the shards already for abyss selector. Plea was made not to change shard amount for fairness. Impression I have from this they don't care.