**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I start saving up my 5* crystal shards?

Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
edited June 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So the roadmap teaser teased this
"Crystal Update – More control and brand new Crystals are coming to MCoC"

More control could mean something along the lines of a nexus shard crystal. And brand new crystals could mean these crystals are different and the current crystals will stay in the game. Nexus crystals could cost 30k shards per crustal if its a choice of 3.

By the end of this month I'll be at 15k shards, and depending on whether the 1000 unit 4th July deal is good for 5* shards, it could vary.

Should I start saving my shards up so that incase these are the "new crystals" I could conveniently snatch one?

My current best 5* are - 4/55 NF, Domino, Sentinel
3/45 Elsa and 2/35 AA and X23. Current goal is act 5 100 percent

Would appreciate your opinions

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I reccomend saving shards until the announcement, then based on what is said you can decide on what to do
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    I was going to start hoarding for the same reason, I interpreted the new crystals as nexus.

I did it for awhile when the Nexus crystal was first released but decided to just open after some time, but its been long enough for them to be feasible to be added
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    Sounds like nexus type crystals are coming, something that gives us a choice. I don't expect the pool to change, but we have a better shot at the better champs, and worst case we at least have a choice if the options are all low level champs. It's a start
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Am i more likely to pull Doom now before the pool expands or off Nexus crystals when (if) they get added ?
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It depends what the announcement entails and what the cost of these new crystals are.

If it’s a class crystal for 15k units (currently roughly the same odds as a featured) that would be my ideal scenario.

Basic 10k crystals should become Nexus IMO as the 3/170 is still pretty rope odds to pull a specific/decent champ. I realise that buffs are in the way but obviously it takes time and I counted over 50 Champions that need some love to bring into line with Ronin (Kabam’s definition of perfectly balanced) and that was with me being quite generous with certain champions.
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

I reccomend saving shards until the announcement, then based on what is said you can decide on what to do

Thanks I was thinking the same
  • Options
    Mauled said:

It depends what the announcement entails and what the cost of these new crystals are.

If it’s a class crystal for 15k units (currently roughly the same odds as a featured) that would be my ideal scenario.

Basic 10k crystals should become Nexus IMO as the 3/170 is still pretty rope odds to pull a specific/decent champ. I realise that buffs are in the way but obviously it takes time and I counted over 50 Champions that need some love to bring into line with Ronin (Kabam’s definition of perfectly balanced) and that was with me being quite generous with certain champions.

I too hope that basic 5* is replaced by nexus but "new crystals" make it seem unlikely. But yeah 15000 shards would be wonderful for them but I'm not optimistic about it
  • Options
    GagoH said:

Am i more likely to pull Doom now before the pool expands or off Nexus crystals when (if) they get added ?

Can't exactly give you the numbers here but *ideally* if the reel was an actual thing then you'd have a choice from the three in said hypothetical reel, unlike the normal expectation of rolling over doom
    Bad explanation ik.