**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• Options
    SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    LJF said:

All of this is outstanding information except for one somewhat large issue: there is no helpful information about when the changes to Act 6 difficulty will occur.

You mention that they will happen, hopefully, before Act 1 Book 2 releases in December 2020. That's 6 months from now. In the meantime, should players continue doing Act 6 content and hope the compensation is sufficient for their over-expenditure of resources? Should they stop completing and exploring Act 6 for weeks... but maybe months... or longer, in the hope that the Act 6 attack decrease will be worth the wait? What should the players do in the meantime with overflowing stashes and less content to complete?

Between now and December 1, anyone working on Act 6 is caught in limbo. I really hope Kabam considers giving more information about when the attack value decrease will occur so players can plan accordingly.

I agree. I am at the moment at the conclusion of chapter 3, towards 4. And I get into this question, whether I should continue now or wait until these changes occur. I need the completion prizes to take my champions to another level.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

So, Act 6 is still going to be gated?

Absolutely.
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Sounds very interesting and I'm hopeful these new things will help bring a fresh breathe of fun back to the game for the players, myself included.
  • Options
    deepblack12deepblack12 Posts: 229 ★★
    Reducing act 5 energy cost to 2 like act 4 would be so good i thought they would consider it but i guess not. Other than that everything looks promising.
  • Options
    BrianClarkKentBrianClarkKent Posts: 1
    Has there been any talk about revamping the cavalier crystals? Once you’re cavalier 3*s are pretty much pointless and the ISO they provide from dupes is pitiful for someone that’s made it to cavalier. Cavalier crystals are the only crystals that offer four different star level champs. PCs offer 2*-4*, GMCs offer 3*-5*, but Cavalier crystals offer 3*-6*. 3*s should have never been in the cav crystals to start with but I haven’t seen anywhere it has been mentioned (to be fair, I don’t come to these forums much).
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    FineDog said:

This is disappointing for Uncollected players. There was almost nothing in this post that is relevant for mid-game players. I imagine the future posts about champion buffs and arena changes and stuff like that might be more relevant, but if you're still grinding through Act 5, all the stuff about Act 6 is basically meaningless, all the stuff about new Variants isn't particularly useful, the Summer of Pain isn't even something to think about. As an Uncollected player, the only thing here that I can do anything with is go replay Act 2 for the rewards after it gets reset.

Well it's not like Uncollected players need anything fixed. Act 5 is fine as it is and UC EQ is fine as it is now that Cav EQ is coming.
  • Options
    Lucifer_666Lucifer_666 Posts: 46
    They didn't say when the act 6 will be needed...they just said keep reading ahead....When will it be nerfed????
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Will you please after a few years now....finally raise the level 60 cap?????
  • Options
    A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    Overall I like the look of a lot of what was said and just hope to see it implemented quickly as the community really needs action not words right now - this said, the post was well worded and I do appreciate the effort put into it. Please add units to uncollected and cavalier difficulty EQs as is done with the lower difficulties (I haven’t seen this mentioned on the breakdown) :)
  • Options

They didn't say when the act 6 will be needed...they just said keep reading ahead....When will it be nerfed????

They said before book 2 is released and said they’re aiming to release book 2.1.1 by December 2020
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    airmundo said:

The changes are great! Really good to see they listened on improvements needed.

As most are already mentioning though, what happens to those of us that did 100% act 6 with attack values way above tier from what they will soon be? That’s a lot more revives and pots used then it will take in the future so it definitely warrants asking for something. And if I don’t get crystals or revives/pots, even a legendary title for clearing it pre-Nerf would be nice 😂

Last bit, I didn’t see anything on abyss. This challenge is 100% a cash grab and I think there’s small tweaks that could make it better. For example, instead of making champs go unblockable & unstoppable after a certain amount of hits, why not just unblockable? It’s still a tough challenge at that point but at least makes it do able for skilled players to not just quit the fight when it turns impossible. Food for thought.

They addressed that .. if you completed more than 3 months before the changes go live you don't get compensation as it's too much data to analyze..

• Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

New content (that actually has release dates) looks exciting. A lot of words for a few tidbits in information was very annoying tho.

Super annoying that Act 6 and 7 related content has no dates or time frames, the longer this takes the more stagnated the game will get.

Damn, that is a big nerf to Act 6. Like huge. I honestly think compensation should be huge as well.

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

That or literally 10,000 Units.

Rather them give units than what you said. I agree that the attack value reduction is quite a bit and a lot of units would have been saved on revives, but the compensation you've written is too much imo.
    Have you 100% Act 6? Tell me how these changes will not lower Exploration by 10K units? I blew 2000 units and a decent stash on the first try of No Retreat Champion, then had to go back in and used more units. That is at least 2500 units I wasted on one fight in ALL of Act 6.

Act 6 was so bad I boosted through at least 80% of the paths. 50 paths of boosts is 7500 units alone (assuming full boosting of 150 units).

If they don't want to give Shards and Resources they need to be 10,000 units or what that is worth. Not some revives and potions.
    Agreed. Given how much they are nerfing act 6, the compensation for people who completed it and especially for those like me who explored it needs to be substantial. With these new attack values, Exploration will be a walk in the park compared to original.
    What is considered substantial is the thing? I agree that it needs to be worth it and not useless, but getting to that point is the issue. I don't agree with those posting rewards that are practically the same as Act 6 exploration. That's too much.
    What I would consider to be a good compensation for Act 6 100% is what the rewards should have been in the first place and now considering how much easier it will be to do Act 6 100% with the nerf, I really do think that this is fair:
    Another 1-2 T5cc
    Generic Six star awakening gem
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

Here is the lowest I would consider to be acceptable:
    1 t5cc or a 75% t5cc selector
    Generic six star awakening gem or 2 class crystals
    2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

Here is what Kabam will likely give:
    25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

Here's what I'm worried Kabam will give:
    10 Lvl 4 Revives

Alternatively, I would also accept 10K units as someone else previously offered.
    We get 1 Awakening gem Generic from exploration. Asking for 2 Class crystals is a lot. Or another generic gem. 1 T5cc or 50% selector and 25% random seems fair I guess. Increase in gold isn't needed unless done for everyone. I agree with T2A(6) and even 2 T5b. Don't agree with 50k 6* shards. 20 is right imo.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    gsil6374 said:

gsil6374 said:

Its a sales pitch not a fix. We need timelines not promises.

"Trust but verify"
    -Ronald Reagan

I agree with you 100%. Plus, anything can sound good on paper, but when it comes to actual gameplay, is a different story. Just like people thought Anihilus and Emma Frost were going to be top 5 champions based on what was read. Then they actually played them, and a different story. Granted, Emma is not bad by any means, just not the second coming of Scarlet Witch like people thought.
    It's a roadmap. Just an outline. They can't give specifics if they're not locked in yet. To be fair, I doubt many of us were expecting an ignition this fast.
    Outlines can have timeframes. Something would be nice like, early/late summer, or November. Not a, 'coming soon,' BS marketing move, which is what I'm reading. Hell, the alliance bases were always, 'coming soon.' Look how that turned out.
    They gave a tentative for what they have. They can't give time frames for what they don't have yet. It's a detailed look into what they're working on. It isn't an itinerary.
  • Options
    I would also like to see something about 1*s being added to more of the temporary content similar to how we’ve had exclusive 2*s recently. Though I accept this may be more of a topic for the champions/crystals saga of the roadmap?
  • Options
    VectorModeVectorMode Posts: 2

"As for those that have recently completed Act 6, we are exploring the options for compensation."

What does recently mean here?

hope they respect it, even if it was done the day before, after all, it is everyone's effort. It would be an injustice for me to set a time limit to access those rewards when the results of those awards are disappointing
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Just a thought, how about letting players get some of the A.I. node buffs as a rare earned reward? Safe Gaurd..ect
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    We may be Canadian, but we still have a sense of humor. ;)
  • Options
    SuperiorSveeSuperiorSvee Posts: 51
    Summer of Pain permanent content?

On Act 6. Compensation for Act 6 should be flagged to completion and exploration per quest. Completion being a little, maybe more in the case of 6.2.6.

This is content that is temporary and going away. Heck, throw units and revives at us and wipe our progress. We can do the nerfed ones and get the rewards again.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

New content (that actually has release dates) looks exciting. A lot of words for a few tidbits in information was very annoying tho.

Super annoying that Act 6 and 7 related content has no dates or time frames, the longer this takes the more stagnated the game will get.

Damn, that is a big nerf to Act 6. Like huge. I honestly think compensation should be huge as well.

I'm thinking:
    4 T5C
    12 T2A
    4 12.5% T5CC crystals
    1 50% T5CC crystal
    1 12.5% Selector
    1 6* R1>2 Gem
    50,000 5* Shards
    25,000 6* Shards

That or literally 10,000 Units.

Rather them give units than what you said. I agree that the attack value reduction is quite a bit and a lot of units would have been saved on revives, but the compensation you've written is too much imo.
    Have you 100% Act 6? Tell me how these changes will not lower Exploration by 10K units? I blew 2000 units and a decent stash on the first try of No Retreat Champion, then had to go back in and used more units. That is at least 2500 units I wasted on one fight in ALL of Act 6.

Act 6 was so bad I boosted through at least 80% of the paths. 50 paths of boosts is 7500 units alone (assuming full boosting of 150 units).

If they don't want to give Shards and Resources they need to be 10,000 units or what that is worth. Not some revives and potions.
    Agreed. Given how much they are nerfing act 6, the compensation for people who completed it and especially for those like me who explored it needs to be substantial. With these new attack values, Exploration will be a walk in the park compared to original.
    What is considered substantial is the thing? I agree that it needs to be worth it and not useless, but getting to that point is the issue. I don't agree with those posting rewards that are practically the same as Act 6 exploration. That's too much.
    What I would consider to be a good compensation for Act 6 100% is what the rewards should have been in the first place and now considering how much easier it will be to do Act 6 100% with the nerf, I really do think that this is fair:
    Another 1-2 T5cc
    Generic Six star awakening gem
    4 t5b
    30-50K Six star shards
    5 Million gold
    8 T2 Alpha.

Here is the lowest I would consider to be acceptable:
    1 t5cc or a 75% t5cc selector
    Generic six star awakening gem or 2 class crystals
    2 t5b
    20K Six star shards
    2.5 million gold

Here is what Kabam will likely give:
    25% T5cc crystal
    20K Six star shards
    1 million gold
    1 t5b

Here's what I'm worried Kabam will give:
    10 Lvl 4 Revives

Alternatively, I would also accept 10K units as someone else previously offered.
    Even 4th of July deals won't give a generic for 10k units. Disagree with that. The rewards under what you said as 'lowest for acceptable' seem to be somewhat fair, except the gems. Not sure about T5cc, since it's really rare. And I don't see how adding gold is fair. Gold should be constant. Rather put in 6 T2A.
    Also, if they do give a huge boost in rewards, then removing the 15k shards from Abyss is completely unfair.