**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Find the Elusive Sasquatch in Northern Expeditions! [Canadian Difficulty now Unlocking at Level 55]

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Buttehrs said:

So I did a smidgen of math. If you count uncollected Canadian and epic difficulty, that's 6k 6* shards. In one month. Not counting what well get from these objectives or 5* dupes either. Or any other quests that give 6* shards. Solely those 3. 6k shards. More than half a 6*. Perhaps this bodies well for when cavalier and legendary side events are commonplace.

The side quests have been giving on the order of 1k 6* shards for epic, plus or minus, when 6* shards have appeared at all. Canadian difficulty is giving out 2.5x the amount in the announcement. The current UC EQ gives out 2500, broken down 600/1000 for full completion and exploration, and 100/200 for completion and exploration of each chapter. This means one single path completion through UC gives 900 6* shards, and full exploration gives collectively 1600 6* shards.

If we use the Canadian difficulty as a guide, we might expect the 6* shard rewards to be on the order of 2.5 times higher, which would mean one completion run through Cavalier difficulty would net you 2250 6* shards and full exploration would get an additional 4000 6* shards.

These are extremely rough numbers, because these ratios don't have to hold, but that extrapolates out to possibly being able to earn a grand total of 12,250 6* shards in one month fully exploring UC and Cav EQ, and fully completing both Epic and Legendary side quests. Someone capable of doing it all would seem likely to be getting at least one 6* champ a month. A Cav player that couldn't do full exploration but could do easy path completion would be in the general area of getting one 6* champ every other month from quests alone, a bit more from Epic side quests on top.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

Direct quote from
    DEV DIARY: THE FUTURE OF QUESTS

The new Cavalier Event Quest difficulty will be available to those that have achieved the Cavalier title, but that does not mean that once you reach the Cavalier title, exploring, or even completing it will be a breeze. At launch, there will be a wide range of Cavalier players trying out this new difficulty, from someone that has recently achieved the milestone, to a Summoner that has countlessly beaten the Grandmaster, the power and skill level can vary wildly. Our challenge is building a Quest that can appeal to them all

No mention of level 60 in that

So one post from kabam says this then they change in the next

At this point the mods are all running for cover lol

The Cavalier Difficulty is for Event Quests. This is not an event quest, but it is helping to determine what those will look like.
    Lol so what you said in the other post isn’t true then.
    What part of side quests aren't event quests is unclear?
  • Options
    manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    I am a little confused. Is it one reward per difficulty per week? or could we collect all rewards of the difficulties from all paths per week?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Buttehrs said:

So I did a smidgen of math. If you count uncollected Canadian and epic difficulty, that's 6k 6* shards. In one month. Not counting what well get from these objectives or 5* dupes either. Or any other quests that give 6* shards. Solely those 3. 6k shards. More than half a 6*. Perhaps this bodies well for when cavalier and legendary side events are commonplace.

The side quests have been giving on the order of 1k 6* shards for epic, plus or minus, when 6* shards have appeared at all. Canadian difficulty is giving out 2.5x the amount in the announcement. The current UC EQ gives out 2500, broken down 600/1000 for full completion and exploration, and 100/200 for completion and exploration of each chapter. This means one single path completion through UC gives 900 6* shards, and full exploration gives collectively 1600 6* shards.

If we use the Canadian difficulty as a guide, we might expect the 6* shard rewards to be on the order of 2.5 times higher, which would mean one completion run through Cavalier difficulty would net you 2250 6* shards and full exploration would get an additional 4000 6* shards.

These are extremely rough numbers, because these ratios don't have to hold, but that extrapolates out to possibly being able to earn a grand total of 12,250 6* shards in one month fully exploring UC and Cav EQ, and fully completing both Epic and Legendary side quests. Someone capable of doing it all would seem likely to be getting at least one 6* champ a month. A Cav player that couldn't do full exploration but could do easy path completion would be in the general area of getting one 6* champ every other month from quests alone, a bit more from Epic side quests on top.
    And that honestly sounds pretty good considering. Of course it will all depend on the overall difficulty of the opponents as well, but overall a 6* per month is roughly the same thing when they started to ease up just a little on 5* shards back in the day as well so I wouldn't really expect that to change this time either.
  • Options
    MaiicolDiazMaiicolDiaz Posts: 10
    @Kabam Miike hey man for Canadian difficulty is the 37200 catalist fragments correct? For me look weird, is only a couple of fragment more than 1 tba2.
  • Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★

Knation said:

To be honest seems like rewards have been tuned down tons in lower difficulties

If you remember, the rewards in that Event were inadvertently better than they were meant to be, but we chose to leave them as-is for that month.
    And yet that was the only month this year where the rewards felt good enough to bother with the side quest...
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I don't really understand why the lvl 60 req is
    there. I'm fine with grinding to lvl 60 to access the difficulty. I realize that it exists for current side events, which is why it is implemented in Canadian difficulty. I just believe that it doesn't prove anything beside the fact that you grinded through a lot of content including but not limited to act four exploration. It just seems arbitrary and maybe even counterintuitive because many of the players who are level 60 have explored act four, causing them to level up quickly. Some of them may have just wanted to explore it, but many others didnt have the skill necessary for act five. Players who skipped act four exploration in favor of uncollected were able to complete act five but may not have been level 60 because they had the skill necessary to complete act five, while those who were level 60 may not have been skilled enough to finish act five and get cav. This is just one very specific example, and I'm not saying it covers everyone's situation. I'm just saying that if kabam made this Canadian difficulty to test a future cav eq difficulty, i think it doesn't make sense to lock people based on their level. The specific example I gave is just one example, but there are others
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I can't understand why anyone at the Cavalier level wouldn't want to be Level 60. The Mastery Points alone....
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike if cavalier difficulty is for the entire spectrum of cavalier players, you shouldn’t be excluding so many recently-earned cavalier players just because they haven’t hit the level mark.

The meta is different than when I came through. I explored act 4 because it was my only way to get a 4/55 champ. I used that to get uncollected and moved to cavalier. I’ve been cavalier for a year, and I’ve gone from one 5/65 to fourteen of them. The glory store absolutely makes it the proper decision to pursue game content over level. I don’t have the data (maybe you do?) but I bet if you look at who earned a cavalier title in 2020, a significant portion would be under 60, and Kabam is deliberately excluding them from data even though they said that’s what this trial balloon is about.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike if cavalier difficulty is for the entire spectrum of cavalier players, you shouldn’t be excluding so many recently-earned cavalier players just because they haven’t hit the level mark.

The meta is different than when I came through. I explored act 4 because it was my only way to get a 4/55 champ. I used that to get uncollected and moved to cavalier. I’ve been cavalier for a year, and I’ve gone from one 5/65 to fourteen of them. The glory store absolutely makes it the proper decision to pursue game content over level. I don’t have the data (maybe you do?) but I bet if you look at who earned a cavalier title in 2020, a significant portion would be under 60, and Kabam is deliberately excluding them from data even though they said that’s what this trial balloon is about.

Exactly. I'm not complaining about the cap. I get that it's how side events have always worked. However, if kabam really want the best data and feedback, they need to allow the content to be accessible and open to those that the content is meant for,.not players that might be less skilled and less qualified
  • Options
    PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    If you like progressive rewards(cav, uc) you shouldn’t be complaining that they keeping up with the restrictions that they already had in place(granted it wasn’t enforced much but it was there)

• Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Another thing. How are people not level 60 even without act4 100% do people not do monthly event quests?!?
  • Options
    CyinoCyino Posts: 14
    Looking forward to Canadian difficulty!! !
  • Options
    KaiserpruittKaiserpruitt Posts: 7
    @Kabam Miike you get reduced experience from act 5 and act 6 than you do from act 4. Act 3 gives you the best XP to energy ratio. How is it fair to impose a level 60 gate when someone like myself got Cav at 53 and has slowly been grinding up to lvl 60 completing event quests that give a low amount of XP and doing Story progression in their off time? Seems like a waste for me to have gotten Cav.
  • Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★

Direct quote from
    DEV DIARY: THE FUTURE OF QUESTS

The new Cavalier Event Quest difficulty will be available to those that have achieved the Cavalier title, but that does not mean that once you reach the Cavalier title, exploring, or even completing it will be a breeze. At launch, there will be a wide range of Cavalier players trying out this new difficulty, from someone that has recently achieved the milestone, to a Summoner that has countlessly beaten the Grandmaster, the power and skill level can vary wildly. Our challenge is building a Quest that can appeal to them all

No mention of level 60 in that

So one post from kabam says this then they change in the next

At this point the mods are all running for cover lol

The Cavalier Difficulty is for Event Quests. This is not an event quest, but it is helping to determine what those will look like.
    Except its dumb. You are trying to determine the difficulty level for a future Cavalier quest difficulty by getting feedback from people that are not even Cavalier (like Groundedlapdog) while stopping some people that are Cavalier but not lvl 60 from giving you much more valuable feedback.

As most new thing from Kabam lately, it's ass backward.
  • Options
    Bala_riyz01Bala_riyz01 Posts: 145
    thanks after many bad things this is good thing be seeing for the next month side quest
  • Options
    Swole_Team_SixSwole_Team_Six Posts: 8
    I'm excited for the difficulty, and the rewards for the Canadian Difficulty seem awesome!
  • Options
    ArthasMenethil97ArthasMenethil97 Posts: 12
    @Kabam Miike any info on the fights per path and the PI or the attack values?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

People hitting Cavalier before Level 60 is really something that shouldn't happen.

Let the record show... On 6/26/20, I agreed with Grounded on something. 😁
    Two years ago, maybe ...

With the more generous availability of 5-Stars plus rank-up materials and stronger and stronger champs with each release, the goal posts had long shifted.
  • Options
    Knation said:

The Quest requires 0 Energy.

I was trying to say that the energy required to get to lvl 60, if they dont agree to lower it is a energy consuming requirement so where are to energy bundles to help with that. Has nothing to do with needing energy to complete this quest...which yes is 0. Which I'd say is one of only things that is worth it.
    To be honest, Level 60 isn't an unreasonable requirement for what it is and what's earned.
    You don't get to decide that.
    Get my point, being uncollected and level 40 is quite reasonable. That's like 74 quests.
    Cavalier and level 60? That's just uncalled for. They said they'd make one path easy for players who just became cavalier but then put a gate on it. I just don't understand why I'm being punished for getting cavalier before people who progress "normally" (acc to you)
    Cavalier and Level 60 is uncalled for? Highly doubtful. I'm not even Cavalier yet and I was Level 60 when I did Act 4 Exploration.
    That’s the problem you literally have to do act 4 exploration to become level 60
    Not exactly needed.
    I ran the daily class catalysts quest with xp boosts and hit Level 60 before I started working on Act 4 exploration.

Just wanted to max. storage capacity. :smile:
  • Options
    DashamtvamasiayDashamtvamasiay Posts: 81
    ILLUSION8 said:

And if I am not wrong, each week , one quest and each quest can give u these rewards?? It mean if I do epic difficulty of all the quests in 4 weeks, then I will get 4k 6* shards?? If yes, then the rewards aren't half bad!

I believe its in total so if you do all 4 you'll get 1k 6*shards
    Then that's pretty underwhelming rewards, but still why level 60??oh please, now I have to go back to act 5 to do the so called "road to cavalier difficulty" which was originally meant for cavaliers, but now some population if cavaliers can't access it but instead some population of uncollected or below can access it ???!! Kudos to you kabam!! U guys always mess up at the last moment!!
    But atleast the cavalier difficulty for monthly quests won't have the level 60 requirement right??
  • Options

Knation said:

The Quest requires 0 Energy.

I was trying to say that the energy required to get to lvl 60, if they dont agree to lower it is a energy consuming requirement so where are to energy bundles to help with that. Has nothing to do with needing energy to complete this quest...which yes is 0. Which I'd say is one of only things that is worth it.
    To be honest, Level 60 isn't an unreasonable requirement for what it is and what's earned.
    You don't get to decide that.
    Get my point, being uncollected and level 40 is quite reasonable. That's like 74 quests.
    Cavalier and level 60? That's just uncalled for. They said they'd make one path easy for players who just became cavalier but then put a gate on it. I just don't understand why I'm being punished for getting cavalier before people who progress "normally" (acc to you)
    Cavalier and Level 60 is uncalled for? Highly doubtful. I'm not even Cavalier yet and I was Level 60 when I did Act 4 Exploration.
    That’s the problem you literally have to do act 4 exploration to become level 60
    Not exactly needed.
    I ran the daily class catalysts quest with xp boosts and hit Level 60 before I started working on Act 4 exploration.

Just wanted to max. storage capacity. :smile:
    and also max energy to 70. Act 4 was 3 energy per tile then though I ran most of it when it was 2 tile.
  • Options
    Plato92Plato92 Posts: 102

Summoners!

We are hot on the trail of the elusive beast known as “Sasquatch”. Embark on expeditions to find the legendary cryptid, and find valuable rewards along the way!

Expéditions dans le Grand Nord

The wilderness of Canada is vast, and the Tundra is cold and unforgiving, but full of hidden treasures!

Join Guardian on a series of 4 quests that will feature no Quest Completion or Exploration rewards. All of the rewards for these Expeditions are located on the Paths. This means that you can focus your time and energy on the rewards that are most valuable to you!

These quests will be unlocked over the course of 4 weeks, and restrict your team to only 3 Champions. They feature no energy costs and will have fewer paths than when we first ran this style of event with Mole Man Expeditions.

Quest 1: 8 Paths
    Quest 2: 8 Paths
    Quest 3: 12 Paths
    Quest 4: 12 Paths

Mais attention, vous pouvez être pris en embuscade par Sasquatch à tout moment!

Canadian Difficulty

This Month’s Event features a new difficulty available to Summoners that have reached Level 60, Canadian Difficulty!

Canadian Difficulty will change some of the encounters from other difficulty levels and adds a Global Node and Linked Nodes to all by one of the Paths. This means that your first experience with this new difficulty can be achieved without fighting any of the linked nodes, but to obtain more rewards, you’ll need to take on the extra challenge of these curated buffs. These paths are focused on Class advantage. So scope out your targets and bring in a group of the right Class for the best results.

Canadian Difficulty is the first step on the road to our Cavalier Event Quest difficulty level. It will allow us to gather feedback and data, and you to share your experiences with us in regards to difficulty, rewards, and pain points.

Keep this in mind as you try it out. This is the first time we’re introducing this difficulty, and everything is subject to change for future events; from the rewards, to opponent stats, to the overall difficulty level. After the content is live, our designers want to hear from you. We’ll host some discussions on the difficulty level, and will be looking at your feedback in the forums, and other channels.

As a result of the addition of Canadian Difficulty, there will be no Normal Difficulty for this event.

Quel trésor vous attend?

Unlike a traditional Quest, the best rewards are found along the paths of these Quests, and not in the Completion or Exploration rewards.

Even if you do not have the time to complete the entire Quest, you can target the rewards that you need the most. The following chart shows the total possible rewards you can find on the map across all 4 Quests. Remember, 1 Quest unlocks each week!

Solo Objectives

Along with the Northern Expeditions quests, you’ll also have Solo Objectives that award 5-Star Shards, Gold, and 4 and 5-Star Signature Stones!

Maple Syrup and Poutine

Throughout the month, you’ll find Maple Syrup and Poutine in select content. Use these items to heal and revive your Champions, and take the chance to tackle some tough content you’ve been putting off, or to try out the new Canadian Difficulty!

But beware! Maple Syrup will turn into Level 3 and 5 Health potions, and Poutine will turn into Level 1 revives when the event is over.

Bon Voyage!

Your Expedition starts at 10 am PT on Canada Day (July 1st), and will conclude at 10 am on August 5th!

Bonne chance mon ami!
    Not trying to be mean or anything but having it on accessible to those who are level 60 isn’t right because there are people who are cavalier that aren’t level 60. Y’all should just say it will only be available for those who are cavalier status, that make better sense when trying to figure something out. An example of this is the AOL is available for those who reached cavalier status, but if you aren’t cavalier it won’t appear for you till you become cavalier. Now those of us who are cavalier but aren’t level 60 grind another level or quite a few levels just to do content that should be available to them even though they put in hard work to get to cavalier status. I myself am level 60 and cavalier as well so I am saying this on behalf of those who aren’t level 60 but are cavalier.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Plato92 said:

Summoners!

We are hot on the trail of the elusive beast known as “Sasquatch”. Embark on expeditions to find the legendary cryptid, and find valuable rewards along the way!

Expéditions dans le Grand Nord

The wilderness of Canada is vast, and the Tundra is cold and unforgiving, but full of hidden treasures!

Join Guardian on a series of 4 quests that will feature no Quest Completion or Exploration rewards. All of the rewards for these Expeditions are located on the Paths. This means that you can focus your time and energy on the rewards that are most valuable to you!

These quests will be unlocked over the course of 4 weeks, and restrict your team to only 3 Champions. They feature no energy costs and will have fewer paths than when we first ran this style of event with Mole Man Expeditions.

Quest 1: 8 Paths
    Quest 2: 8 Paths
    Quest 3: 12 Paths
    Quest 4: 12 Paths

Mais attention, vous pouvez être pris en embuscade par Sasquatch à tout moment!

Canadian Difficulty

This Month’s Event features a new difficulty available to Summoners that have reached Level 60, Canadian Difficulty!

Canadian Difficulty will change some of the encounters from other difficulty levels and adds a Global Node and Linked Nodes to all by one of the Paths. This means that your first experience with this new difficulty can be achieved without fighting any of the linked nodes, but to obtain more rewards, you’ll need to take on the extra challenge of these curated buffs. These paths are focused on Class advantage. So scope out your targets and bring in a group of the right Class for the best results.

Canadian Difficulty is the first step on the road to our Cavalier Event Quest difficulty level. It will allow us to gather feedback and data, and you to share your experiences with us in regards to difficulty, rewards, and pain points.

Keep this in mind as you try it out. This is the first time we’re introducing this difficulty, and everything is subject to change for future events; from the rewards, to opponent stats, to the overall difficulty level. After the content is live, our designers want to hear from you. We’ll host some discussions on the difficulty level, and will be looking at your feedback in the forums, and other channels.

As a result of the addition of Canadian Difficulty, there will be no Normal Difficulty for this event.

Quel trésor vous attend?

Unlike a traditional Quest, the best rewards are found along the paths of these Quests, and not in the Completion or Exploration rewards.

Even if you do not have the time to complete the entire Quest, you can target the rewards that you need the most. The following chart shows the total possible rewards you can find on the map across all 4 Quests. Remember, 1 Quest unlocks each week!

Solo Objectives

Along with the Northern Expeditions quests, you’ll also have Solo Objectives that award 5-Star Shards, Gold, and 4 and 5-Star Signature Stones!

Maple Syrup and Poutine

Throughout the month, you’ll find Maple Syrup and Poutine in select content. Use these items to heal and revive your Champions, and take the chance to tackle some tough content you’ve been putting off, or to try out the new Canadian Difficulty!

But beware! Maple Syrup will turn into Level 3 and 5 Health potions, and Poutine will turn into Level 1 revives when the event is over.

Bon Voyage!

Your Expedition starts at 10 am PT on Canada Day (July 1st), and will conclude at 10 am on August 5th!

Bonne chance mon ami!
    Not trying to be mean or anything but having it on accessible to those who are level 60 isn’t right because there are people who are cavalier that aren’t level 60. Y’all should just say it will only be available for those who are cavalier status, that make better sense when trying to figure something out. An example of this is the AOL is available for those who reached cavalier status, but if you aren’t cavalier it won’t appear for you till you become cavalier. Now those of us who are cavalier but aren’t level 60 grind another level or quite a few levels just to do content that should be available to them even though they put in hard work to get to cavalier status. I myself am level 60 and cavalier as well so I am saying this on behalf of those who aren’t level 60 but are cavalier.
    It's for anyone, not just people who are Cavalier.
  • Options
    Manoj259Manoj259 Posts: 16

Lvernon15 said:

These rewards seen lacking, Canadian difficulty isn’t too far above whet you got in the standard uncollected one for mole man, 3 2% t5cc isn’t doing anything for anyone to be honest, far too low, and I don’t see why lower difficulties should take a hit because of a higher one, glad it’s 0 energy, but rewards seem a bit too low, hopefully calendars and objectives are enough to make up for jt

What did you expect? 25% of a T5cc? LMAO
    At least something between 5-10% would be great.