Options

Maple Syrup and Poutine

2»

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,831 Guardian

That looks so good, what is it? I'm an American, don't judge my ignorance plz.
    Oh, guess it actually wasn’t described for the rest of us Americans here yet.
    ...(and curious, do Canadians take offense that we call ourselves “American” here, when the Americas actually are an entire 2 continents worth of many different countries on this side of the globe ?)

Poutine is the name for basically French Fries and Cheese Curds with Gravy. (if I have that right ?)
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Poutine was originally fries with cheese curds and gravy. Now it can be any kind of potato, multiple cheeses with meats and even seafood in all kinds of sauces.

Oh Canada!
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,827 ★★★★★
    also, Canadians, any details about your sexy Ryan factories?
  • Options
    MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★

Mathgeek said:

I want to move to canada

roommates?
    Sure
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,279 ★★★★★
    Osfan8 said:

Poutine was originally fries with cheese curds and gravy. Now it can be any kind of potato, multiple cheeses with meats and even seafood in all kinds of sauces.

Oh Canada!

I'm originally from The Maritimes. There's a place in my home province that has Poutine Râpée, which is pork surrounded in a potato ball, and boiled. Kind of like a Potato Dumpling.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

I'm Canadian .. and I find this stuff absolutely revolting .. my 1 thing about Canada I'm absolutely NOT proud of ..

:p
  • Options
    GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    This thread has made me so hungry
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,415 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Canada is also known for its film industry where many shows are filmed like fargo.wynonna earp.van helsing all cw shows well almost all lol
  • Options

Canada is also known for its film industry where many shows are filmed like fargo.wynonna earp.van helsing all cw shows well almost all lol

but the biggest film thing is the Ryans.
  • Options

They often come to Canada because the scenery is beautiful, and the cost is lower. Lol.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

They often come to Canada because the scenery is beautiful, and the cost is lower. Lol.
    Yeah the new jumanji movie parts of it were shot in Calgary. I also think thats where the rock grew up for a lil bit
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★

Also, we might have given you Celine Dion, but we also gave you Pamela Anderson, Hockey, and Ryan Reynolds so....forgive us?
    (Jokes. I like her.)

Capt Kirk (Wiliam Shatner), Ace Ventura ( Jim Carey), Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Austin Power (Mike Myers), Jack Bower (Kiefer Sutherland), are some of the famous Canadian celebrities.

La poutine has been created in the 50's in the province of Quebec.
  • Options
    Artoria77Artoria77 Posts: 2,543 ★★★★★
    At this rate we will be learning all there is to learn about Canada's delicacies and everything assorted with Canada
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

At this rate we will be learning all there is to learn about Canada's delicacies and everything assorted with Canada

Wait until I tell you about Maple Bacon.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    Taylor Ham > Canadian Bacon
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,831 Guardian

Sorry, I think the US has put Maple Bacon on everything imaginable by now.
    Maple Bacon Donuts, Beer, Whisky, Pudding, Cake, Main Dishes, Side Dishes, any other Dessert, and I’m sure there is some Maple Bacon Milk and Lemonade out there somewhere too.

And don’t forget Burgers topped with a pound of Maple Bacon, and another pound of Onion Rings or French Fries, topped with Chili Cheese. Heart Attack, here I come.
  • Options

Sorry, I think the US has put Maple Bacon on everything imaginable by now.
    Maple Bacon Donuts, Beer, Whisky, Pudding, Cake, Main Dishes, Side Dishes, any other Dessert, and I’m sure there is some Maple Bacon Milk and Lemonade out there somewhere too.

And don’t forget Burgers topped with a pound of Maple Bacon, and another pound of Onion Rings or French Fries, topped with Chili Cheese. Heart Attack, here I come.
    Maple Bacon Glazed Donuts are amazing
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    This is completely unrelated to maple bacon, but one white elephant party I ended up with bacon flavored hot chocolate packets. It was...not pleasant.
  • Options

This is completely unrelated to maple bacon, but one white elephant party I ended up with bacon flavored hot chocolate packets. It was...not pleasant.

what the f-
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★

• Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Thats how i like my poutine