**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Remember backdraft intercepting?

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
So remember how in the past, you could intercept an opponent by striking into their block and then dashing back to intercept with a medium? Well, I think we all know how that was nerfed so now we can only do it if we landed a hit in the first place. But I discovered a champ who can actually do it like the way it used to be! Guess who...

Comments

• Options
    If anybody's interested, I'll tell you after about 24 hours or so. 😉
  • Options
    BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    You can do a backdraft from a block if you use a light instead of a medium for nearly every champion if the ai is aggressive enough
  • Options

You can do a backdraft from a block if you use a light instead of a medium for nearly every champion if the ai is aggressive enough

Yeah, but doing it with a medium feels much more fluid doesn't it?
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

No, that only works if you hit them. Trying to light intercept after hitting a block will just result in you getting hit. You can guarantee a parry though, or a dex.
  • Options
    It's darkhawk!
  • Options

It's darkhawk!
    Give it a try.
  • Options
    AsIsGrassAsIsGrass Posts: 48

It's darkhawk!
    Kabam: It's nerf or nothing
  • Options
    AsIsGrass said:

It's darkhawk!
    Kabam: It's nerf or nothing
    Lol, I really really hope not!
  • Options
    FlashSpideyFlashSpidey Posts: 107

It's darkhawk!
    Unduped? Also, I'm still relatively new. How useful is it to do into block instead of from hit? I have a 5* Darkhawk unduped. Does this give him any use or not?
  • Options

It's darkhawk!
    Unduped? Also, I'm still relatively new. How useful is it to do into block instead of from hit? I have a 5* Darkhawk unduped. Does this give him any use or not?
    Signature ability doesn't matter in this case, it's intercepting we're talking about. Also, doing it from block gives you more openings and less need for parrying or dancing around.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I can tell you this DH cannot do it reliably 100% of the time, you may just fought some agressive AI
  • Options
    edited June 2020

I can tell you this DH cannot do it reliably 100% of the time, you may just fought some agressive AI

Damn. Well, he's the one I find can do it the most. If that's really the case, then any last hope of that particular playstyle is probably permanently gone :/
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yeah, if only they would fix this bug, will never happen though