**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Units from arena crystals

Lately it feels like my uncollected arena crystals opening has been pretty dry in terms of unit return. So I decided to make a record of my openings. Luckily I have records of openings last July to compare. Here is what I found:

Last July: 123 arena crystals, average 22000 gold/crystal and 23.17 units/crystal
Now: 63 arena crystals, average 22540 gold/crystal and 13.10 units/crystal

I know 63 is not a lot and I will keep recording, but it does confirm my gut feeling that I am seeing a significant drop.

Has anyone else noticed this? Some hard data is probably useful.

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Just unlucky
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    If you open for units you are better of opening the regular crystals.
    And from 1 sample to the next you cannot really compare it.
    It would only be fair if you did a lot of the same openings for a few months or even a year. And see if it averages out.
    Personally I open regular crystals and I always average out at about 3 units per crystal.
    Old tests (3 years old) also have that average. Nothing changes. You can have a bad opening, and you can have an amazing opening the next time.
  • GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    I did the test last year to see whether I got more units from regular or uncollected arena crystals. At the time with almost 400 regular crystals opened and 123 uncollected crystals, the average for uncollected ones was better for me by about 5 units per 10k battlechips.

This last while my opening has been extremely dry. Since I posted this originally, I have opened quite a few more now. Right now I am at 93 uncollected arena crystals for the last 2 weeks, at about 11.3 units per crystal. This is half of what I got last year around the same time.

Anyway I will keep opening and recording stats. Not like there is anything else to do with battlechips anyway since I am not doing high level AQ
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    GrimXYZ said:

Lately it feels like my uncollected arena crystals opening has been pretty dry in terms of unit return. So I decided to make a record of my openings. Luckily I have records of openings last July to compare. Here is what I found:

Last July: 123 arena crystals, average 22000 gold/crystal and 23.17 units/crystal

I know 63 is not a lot and I will keep recording, but it does confirm my gut feeling that I am seeing a significant drop.

I just opened 50 uncollected crystals and got 300 units. I've actually been on a bit of a hot streak lately. Before that it was all gold for a bit with the occasional 75 units. RNG
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    you just been unlucky. just got this the other day

Actually wanted gold for some upgrade but got units instead. can't really complain
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

GrimXYZ said:

I just opened 50 uncollected crystals and got 300 units. I've actually been on a bit of a hot streak lately. Before that it was all gold for a bit with the occasional 75 units. RNG
    I’m assuming you meant regular crystals? 50 uncollected crystals and only 300 units seems a bit low.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    If you’re after units, always open regular arena crystals.

It's better from a psychological perspective that you're always getting something you want, since you get to average the unit gain over a much larger number of crystals.

I opened 350k worth of UC Arena crystals on my alt before, and got 0 units. Yeah =(
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    It does all seem to even out over bigger quantities, I'm way off the grind this month tho sitting at only 80k battlechips since I moved house!
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    Damn here it is let me get my tinfoil hat
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    I’ve always had decent luck with UC crystals....
    Got 975 units from 37 crystals then another 300 from 11 crystals this week
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

UC all the way.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Last week, I opened 30 UC arena crystals and got 900 units.

Yesterday I opened 35 UC arena crystals and got 450 units.

Some days you’re lucky and some days you’re not.

GrimXYZ said:

I’m assuming you meant regular crystals? 50 uncollected crystals and only 300 units seems a bit low.
    It was uncollected, but I meant 5 lol
    xNig said:

If you’re after units, always open regular arena crystals.

It's better from a psychological perspective that you're always getting something you want, since you get to average the unit gain over a much larger number of crystals.

I opened 350k worth of UC Arena crystals on my alt before, and got 0 units. Yeah =(

I only open uncollected crystals. The big jackpots are worth the dry spells. Getting the occasional 5 energy refills is also nice.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian
    I opened 50 normal bc crystals and pulled nearly 700 units. Other times I've opened 30 and got none. Sometimes you're just unlucky.
  • BrouBrou Posts: 46
    225 units in 40 UC arena crystals. :(

• Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    30 UC crystals