**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My OG Iron Man Rework Idea

Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
edited June 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I had some time on my hands, and decided I wanted to try and craft a reworked kit for OG Iron Man. I did it in the way Kabam usually releases their champion spotlights, with my comments with dashes next to them. I also wanted to make him different from other champions, while drawing on ideas that players typically like.

Iron Man Rework

Iron Man’s Mechanics: Iron Man builds up Arc Reactor Charges to enter Arc Overload and do a ton of damage!

Signature Ability: If the fight was ended with Arc Overload active, start the next fight with (50-70)% of charges used to activate Arc Overload. If Arc Overload did not end the fight, retain (80-100)% of the charges for the next fight.

-This awakened ability is key for questing with Iron Man, and a high sig level is important as well. However, he has been around a very long time, meaning most Summoners will have him awakened and at a high signature level because they have pulled him in crystals a lot.

Medium Attacks: 30% chance to inflict Shock for 6 seconds, dealing 0 damage. Also generate 5 Arc Reactor Charges.

Light Attacks: 50% chance to inflict Shock for 4 seconds, dealing 0 damage. Also generate 3 Arc Reactor Charges.

Heavy Attacks: Activate an Armor Up Buff increasing Armor by 2500 for 20 seconds. Max 2. Also generate 10 Arc Reactor Charges.

-These armor ups help mitigate some damage Iron Man may take through his block.

When near a shocked opponent: Siphon the opponents energy and generate 2 Arc Reactor Charges per second per shock. When under the effects of a shock, reduce shock damage by 80% and gain 4 Arc Reactor Charges per second per shock.

-This ability works very similar to Blade’s. Aggressive gameplay will be key to making the most out of your shocks.

Arc Reactor Charges: Max 999. While in Arc Overload, each Arc Reactor Charge increases Attack by 0.75%. This increase comes in the form of a Fury buff.

Arc Overload: All Arc Reactor Charges are consumed to provide a Fury buff, which scales based on how many charges were used. While in Arc Overload gain effects based on how many Arc Reactor Charges were consumed. Iron Man does not generate shocks while in Arc Overload.

-The fact that Iron Man’s damage comes from a single fury buff is his biggest weakness. A powerful Mystic will be able to take this away and along with it, a lot of Iron Man’s damage.

50+: Gain a Regen buff, regenerating 20% of missing health over 30 seconds, as well as a Power Gain buff, increasing Combat Power Rate by 25%

-While Iron Man’s damage comes from having a lot of Arc Reactor Charges, using this allows him to have a lot of sustainability. This Regen can be achieved in 2-3 combos.

100+: In addition to previous abilities, gain an True Strike Buff and Power Lock the opponent to a Special 2 for the duration of Arc Overload. The opponent’s power cannot exceed this threshold.

-This ability allows Iron Man to beat into his opponent for the full 30 seconds of Arc Overload without needing to worry about baiting specials.

200+: In addition to previous abilities, gain an Indestructible Buff for 30 seconds. The shock duration is also paused for the duration of Arc Overload.

-The pause on the Shock Debuffs really comes in handy when the shocks start to do damage. The shocks can go on for the entire 30 seconds and do damage close to Nebula’s shocks, so it is important to play aggressively and get as many shocks as you can before entering Arc Overload.

300+: In addition to previous abilities, Shocks deal 200 energy damage per second for the duration of Arc Overload.

500+: In addition to previous abilities, gain an Unblockable and Unstoppable buff for the duration of Arc Overload.

-This allows Iron Man to attack in without any worry of getting hit and taking damage.

750+: In addition to previous abilities, strikes ignore damage caps and nullify Indestructible buffs.

-This ability is crucial for fighting in Labyrinth and Abyss, as well as some other annoying nodes.

999: In addition to previous abilities, gain a second Power Gain buff increasing offensive power gain by 50%. Additionally, gain a precision buff increasing critical rate by 1000. In addition, critical hits have a 100% chance to inflict armor break, reducing armor by 500 for the duration of Arc Overload.

-The precision buff makes crits much more likely, allowing Iron Man to stack a ton of Armor Breaks and increasing his ramp up even more.

Special 1: Generate 20 Arc Reactor Charges and place 5 shocks on the opponent, dealing 0 damage and lasting 10 seconds. This attack is unblockable and stuns for 0.5 seconds.

-This is the attack you want to use in shorter fights. It can give you up to 120 charges. The stun allows you to dash in after the attack and be close to the opponent for as long as possible.

Special 2: Activate Arc Overload for 30 seconds. This is not affected by ability accuracy reductions. This attack is a guaranteed Critical Hit and has +1000 Critical Damage Rating. It cannot be blocked or evaded, except by dexterity. Inflicts Stun for 1 second.

-Stay away from this Special until you are ready for Arc Overload. However, when you do enter Arc Overload, expect this to deal lots of damage.

Special 3: Generate 200 Arc Reactor Charges and place a permanent shock passive on the opponent lasting for the rest of the fight, dealing no damage. Max: 4

-This is the attack you want to use in longer fights. The permanent shock passives make it so Iron Man can constantly have shocks to increase his Arc Reactor Charges.

Strengths:

Strong Regen - If Iron Man is low on health, he can build up to a Special 2 with 50 charges in 2-3 combos and regenerate health from Arc Overload.

Incursions - With hacks such as Lightning Fists and attack enhancements, he can get more shocks, making his ramp up quicker. He also gains lots of buffs, making Buff Cornucopia very powerful.

Weaknesses:

Shock immune - A shock immune champion will make Iron Man’s ramp-up substantially slower.

Nullify - The effects from Arc Overload are buffs, and a strong nullifier like Symbiote Supreme can take these away.

Reductions to ability accuracy - These will make Iron Man’s ramp up much slower as he is not putting in shocks.

Recommended Masteries:

Enhanced Fury: Makes Iron Man’s Arc Overload Fury much stronger.

Despair and Inequity: A lot of shock Debuffs will maximize the potential of these masteries.

Leave your thoughts about my rework below!

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Pretty sick rework dude!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    that’s like a maximum attack increase of 749.25 percent, jesus.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Awesome rework! Kabam take notes plz!
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    bro IM is my favorite superhero of all time. Ever since I was a little kid and saw IM in the movie theaters in 2008 I instantly fell in love with him. I would love to see Kabam take some if not all of this for his rework
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

@SpideyFunko I forgot to mention that his base attack would be pretty low to compensate for the massive attack bonus you could receive.

okay then. I mean I’m not complaining about it, just saying
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Also, is arc overload a once per fight ability or can you use it the whole game? Do charges degenerate?
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    So in theory you could get in a ton of heals, but you sacrifice basically all of your damage.
  • Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 ★★★
    my six star iron man approves
    So... you need four sp3’s and some other hits to get max charges then you have the sig ability to keep em at max for when the opponent gets obliterated and the quest ends not to mention their is a blade like power gain as well. If this were the buff I’d definitely want this god
    The power gain comes from the 2 power gain buffs you can get in Arc Overload, being next to a shocked opponent gives you Arc Reactor Charges, not power
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    This would be insanely op. Nice job op
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    What would the synergies be? Also you did a great job.
    edited June 2020
    Synergy-wise, he has one with Sorcerer Supreme (Armor Breaks gain 30% potency) that could be pretty broken with this rework. Additionally, I think a synergy with Hulkbuster (the new one) to increase shock duration could be awesome because they both rely on shocks.

Another thought I had-my original sig ability (I changed it) granted passive Arc Reactor Charge generation, so I think one with the OG Avengers (Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Cap) that gave him 1 Arc Reactor Charge every 2 seconds could be really cool, but not too broken.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Promising. Think overall concept is good. The different values and numbers would likely need some tweaking to make sure he isn’t too op.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Sick rework ideas! Well done!
    One question:
    Would his permanent shock allow the opponent to heal indefinitely from Willpower? 🤔
    That is a great question! The shocks that fall off are Debuffs, but the ones gained from the SP3 are passives, so the non-permanent ones would let them heal, the permanent ones wouldn’t.
  • UnassignedtesterUnassignedtester Posts: 24
    Great work Doc,
    This is an interesting idea, and if implemented this would make Iron Man an incredible damage champion. There are a few details that I would remove, but overall I found this to be a great write up.
    Great job 👍
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Sorta inspired by you sorta remembered a old idea of mine I made a juggernaut rework post inspired by this one great job on this mate!
  • Jack_sparrowJack_sparrow Posts: 6
    Kabam bring something good for his ultimate sacrifice.
    Love you 3000 ❤ IronMan.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

bro IM is my favorite superhero of all time. Ever since I was a little kid and saw IM in the movie theaters in 2008 I instantly fell in love with him. I would love to see Kabam take some if not all of this for his rework

Little kid in 2008... Time is a crazy thing lol.