**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

DAMN, THIS NEW HULKBUSTER IS....

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    If you're asking for my opinion, right between Stark Spiderman and Sentinel. He's the Magik of the Tech Class. OG Vision doesn't hit as hard, he's got better more reliable power control than Doc Oc,

Then it comes down to immunity vs regen dps & power control, and I'm going to choose HB over Sentinel. Yeah Sentinel can regen or has pretty good DPS. You can't really have both there.

In terms of where to use him, You can easily use him in act 6.2.5. His ability to lock in the corner, and heavy attack will keep your charges down. Plus the regen is a life saver. Probably a safer option than Ghost.

As for the other four, I need to see more. Stark's DPS is best in class. Warlock/Ghost are the utility Gods, and G99 is one of the safest, durable, and flexible champs in the game.

Last 2 cents, I'd still put in Star Lord over Doc Oc and Vision. But maybe that's just me.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

Both of y'all left out my boy darkhawk. That's just dirty.

You're absolutely right; IMIW is another one you could throw in there.
  • Hedgedog387Hedgedog387 Posts: 17
    edited June 2020
    @DalBot OGvision has better power control but lacks in damage Hulkbuster has good damage and has good power control but is not easily accessible as far as utility goes OG Vision has immunities while hulkbuster has massive regen soo hulkbuster should be up there with OG vision or even better than OG vision
  • Hedgedog387Hedgedog387 Posts: 17
    @UmbertoDelRio i was just comparing him with OG Vision and when you run suicides you can actually recover some health through the regen thats what i was referring to . Champs like ghost warlock are wayyy out of his league but he is not a total disappointment that he is not worth ranking up . i dont have ghost or warlock or darkhawk duped but i do have a hulkbuster and doc oc and i still have variant 2 and 3 and ranking him up will help me in those content . He can be pretty useful thats what i am saying
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

@UmbertoDelRio i was just comparing him with OG Vision and when you run suicides you can actually recover some health through the regen thats what i was referring to . Champs like ghost warlock are wayyy out of his league but he is not a total disappointment that he is not worth ranking up . i dont have ghost or warlock or darkhawk duped but i do have a hulkbuster and doc oc and i still have variant 2 and 3 and ranking him up will help me in those content . He can be pretty useful thats what i am saying

I don’t want to project your skill, but if you are pretty good with the kit, it will absolutely help you in those variants

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

Both of y'all left out my boy darkhawk. That's just dirty.

I love my 5R5 sig 200 Darkhawk. He's criminally underrated.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Am I the only one who finds it odd that his Main Use was just kind of cast aside into an Ehh Synergy, I'm talking about his freaking Namesake *HULKbuster*... Granted he's never really did much to any Hulks in the Comics but in a game where Punisher can beat The Phoenix, I was expecting them to give him a ton of Side Abilities that specifically screwed over Hulks and made it so he was actually capable of Busting them.

Simple Idea: When in the Presence of Gamma Radiation Hulkbuster engages his Hulk-Busting Subroutine, activating Calm-Down Mist reducing Fury Buff And Passive Effect's Ability Accuracy by 75% giving any Pissed Off Hulk a chance to Chill Out, this also activates 1 Suit Damage Reduction Field Passive around him each applying +1,000 Physical Resistance and 1 Addition Passive each time Hulkbuster uses a Special Attack 1 up to 3 Passives at one time so he can be Smashed and Thrown around without taking any serious Suit Damage but 1 will Shatter after 3 Stuns have been applied in the fight, and during Special Attack 3s Hulkbuster pushes his Suit to the Maximum to end this fight as quickly as possible gaining +100% Prowess for each Armor Up and Damage Reduction Field Passive on him at that time (So up to +500% Special Attack Damage, or up to +600% if using the new Sasquatch Synergy).
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

i have really enjoyed reading this thanks for the laughs guys
    (cap IW is basically HB)

In what way is Cap IW Hulkbuster?
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★

(cap IW is basically HB)

Im guessing just being heavy reliant for their damage. He’s closer to Cap then Colossus in that regard.
  • AHawkJockAHawkJock Posts: 45
    MaxGaming said:

I took my 2 star level 2 r1 against a rank 2 level 20 ghost rider and won in less than 2 minutes

wait ACTUALLY? dang thats insane how did you even do that? why are people saying hes bad wghen he can ado this type of stuff is the onlyh thing im wondienrg.
    AHawkJock said:

MaxGaming said:

I took my 2 star level 2 r1 against a rank 2 level 20 ghost rider and won in less than 2 minutes

wait ACTUALLY? dang thats insane how did you even do that? why are people saying hes bad wghen he can ado this type of stuff is the onlyh thing im wondienrg.
    Is... is that sarcasm?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

(cap IW is basically HB)

Im guessing just being heavy reliant for their damage. He’s closer to Cap then Colossus in that regard.
    I guess. Lots of champs are heavy reliant. CAIW is more about well timed blocks than heavy's though. They seem pretty dissimilar to me.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    At last he Hav a change to be use now then no use not that he like collouse but he can hav he use now
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    People who are complaining have all the Tech God Tier champs in their roster. But for people with few 5*, HB buff is really useful.
    I have only 26 5* champs and HB Buff will actually help me out in V2 and V3 because Kabam never bless with Sentinel, Warlock or Ghost.
    Now 80% of the players can enjoy using him and 20% will keep complaining.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

AHawkJock said:

MaxGaming said:

Is... is that sarcasm?
    judging by his previous posts and assumed level, no
    Mephisto said:

People who are complaining have all the Tech God Tier champs in their roster. But for people with few 5*, HB buff is really useful.
    I have only 26 5* champs and HB Buff will actually help me out in V2 and V3 because Kabam never bless with Sentinel, Warlock or Ghost.

That's kind of the thing: many people have had him for YEARS and he's been completely useless. If you've had him for years and now you're at the current end game level, you still have a champ that has little if any use to you still, so it doesn't change a whole lot.
  • Deegoat_123Deegoat_123 Posts: 3
    DalBot said:

Mephisto said:

That's kind of the thing: many people have had him for YEARS and he's been completely useless. If you've had him for years and now you're at the current end game level, you still have a champ that has little if any use to you still, so it doesn't change a whole lot.
    Have anything better to do than complain about every comment that basically says hulk buster is god tier. Like get a life @DalBot

Have anything better to do than complain about every comment that basically says hulk buster is god tier. Like get a life @DalBot

Quite the constructive input
  • ace007venturaace007ventura Posts: 29
    His buff is ... ok , I guess. I can understand that not all champs can be top tier champs but I was expecting a bit more from HB. I am not particularly a fan of playstyles that majorly depends on heavy attacks. This reminds me so much of buffed Gamora. When playing against ROL WS, she can be described as a "fun champion", but is she really that usable across other game modes ? HB looks similar in IMO. However, he does seem like a good AW defender.
  • AHawkJockAHawkJock Posts: 45

DalBot said:

AHawkJock said:

MaxGaming said:

Is... is that sarcasm?
    judging by his previous posts and assumed level, no
    It was sarcasm.

The Hulkbuster buff did technically do its job; it made a bad character better. A lot better compared to his old state. People who have him as a 6* and 5* should feel happy imo.

AHawkJock said:

It was sarcasm.

The Hulkbuster buff did technically do its job; it made a bad character better. A lot better compared to his old state. People who have him as a 6* and 5* should feel happy imo.

Early/mid-game players, yes, be excited.

If you're end game and already completed all variants, not so much
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Pathetically underwhelming. All that time for the rework and you fail to hit on some of the most critical issues. For a champ who relies a lot on heavies his reach is TERRIBLE! You can't punish many other opponents heavies because it's so short.

Nerfing his resistances to not effect suicides is a seriously weak move.

Really all be can do now is have some OK damage output in perfect scenarios, otherwise he's another meh champ.

Much more OML revamp than Colossus revamp, which is a shame for all of the hype around it.

You don't like HB? Thanks for letting us know.

I like him. Ran him in Beta, am taking mine to 5/65 soon, already have 5/65 Ghost and Warlock. He's not the best tech champ, certainly, but HB is fun to play, and he can do huge damage. No one is asking you to do the same, or to be the ultimate authority on what makes a champ good or bad. You have an opinion, and that's pretty much all there is to it.