**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gladiator Hulk - Face me \ Void

Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
i don't know if it was covered before, but why GHulk doesn't trigger his "Face Me" ability against Void?
Void debuffs are not considered as "damage over time" and this is why it doesn't triggers "cornered" or let champs like Ghost to shrug them.
Void damage is passive affected by how many debuffs the opponent has but it doesn't come directly from them.

The way i see it, one of these things must work:
* void degen considered as active - in that case Ghost should be able to shrug them while phasing
* void degen considered as passive - in that case Ghulk should be able to trigger his Face me.

with the new Epic modifier in AQ we need one solid solution to counter all these debuffs when fighting void, that are not relied on synergy (ghost+hood) or a dupe corvus that you are desperately trying to take out.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Ghost shouldn't be able to convert it either way. The debuffs are not DoT debuffs, apart from the degeneration that comes from the power sting.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Does Ghost not shrug off his Degen from SP2?

But GHulk only activates his Face Me when he's under a passive DOT debuff. Void inflicts Direct Damage for every debuff. This isn't really damage from a passive debuff.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    how DoT cannot be Passive or Active?

Ghost shouldn't be able to convert it either way. The debuffs are not DoT debuffs, apart from the degeneration that comes from the power sting.

so should trigger at least Gulk's Face me

Does Ghost not shrug off his Degen from SP2?

But GHulk only activates his Face Me when he's under a passive DOT debuff. Void inflicts Direct Damage for every debuff. This isn't really damage from a passive debuff.

passive debuff doesn't mean you need to have an actual debuff symbol on on you (the same way that Magik's Limbo is not really a debuf but still trigger face me)
    if the damage is not coming directly from the buff - it's passive.
    if the damage is coming directly from the debuff - it's active

yes, you can find many excuses why not to trigger anything... but this is what i'm asking.
    is it because you don't want it to trigger, or is it interaction you haven't thought about.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    "Hulk becomes Enraged while under the Effects of a cowardly Passive Damage Over Time Effect."

Limbo is a Passive DOT because there are no debuffs doing damage.

Degen nodes like Flare, LT are Passive DOTs because there are no debuffs doing damage.

However, for Void, the debuffs he places do damage, which means they aren't a PDOT effect because they're actual debuffs. And, because they're not damaging debuffs, Ghost cannot shrug them off.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Gulk should never trigger faceme against void, void doesn’t apply any dot, active or passive
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    Once you have a debuff on you while fighting void you take direct damage it does not matter if void places it or not.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Ghost can bypass the degen with Hood synergy but she cannot phase it which makes sense they are not considered a DOT debuff