**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Champions of the Contest

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

H3t3r said:

I have one questions. With the Wish crystal you guys used an example of a Cavalier crystal. Does that mean it will only be in those type of crystals or will that design be brought to the basic crystals like 4 and 5* basics.

My understanding is that is just an example of how a Wish crystal would work, the idea being that the players get some agency in steering the crystal towards the champs they want, but randomness still affects what you ultimately pull. A Cav crystal structured the way they describe would hand the players control over which champs appear, while the Cav structure would randomize which rarity tier you got from that list. But other kinds of things are possible besides that.

Personally I think it is unlikely that you'd see that specific kind of Wish crystal tied to a rarity-specific crystal because then the players would have full control over both which champs appeared and which rarity they got. That seems to be more control than they are signalling they are currently targeting with the examples they provided. I think it is more likely that we could see a "featured-wish" where the player selected one or a couple of champs to appear in a rarity-specific crystal, and the game randomized or curated the rest.
    Okay so if they did stick with just Cav or Gm crystals. What would we use to purchases them Units? Shards? As I dont see them staying at the typical 200/300 unit price. But we will have to see as it is a ways off before we see anything like that.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited July 2020
    Honestly, this is exactly what I’d hoped for.

I went through my roster the other day and thought there were nigh on 70 champs that needed a bit of love, varying from an increase in numbers to the Colossus treatment, so it pleases me that a split focus has been taken.

Crystal-wise, I have long hoped for a class crystal, even if I had to pay a premium for it, dual classes for the same price is a happy compromise in my eyes, especially for those of us with larger rosters who are looking for specific pieces to complete our puzzle.

The sig stones sound excellent, to a cavalier that works out as 30 generic stones/month if you hit all of the milestones in the current 22hr events (unless I’ve misinterpreted it), which in turn will rapidly increase the amount of max sig champs we have and therefore access to 6* will increase too.

The ‘wish list’ is an interesting notion, not something that I’m no concerned about personally as a non spender but I believe that it would bring the cost and value of cavaliers far closer together. It would be awesome if Act 6 cavalier crystal rewards could be replaced with these, or a 5/6* equivalent could start to come about as rewards for high end content rather than just a chunk of shards, maybe even a nexus wish list crystal could be a consideration.

If you manage to keep to these self imposed deadlines and the buffs maintain the high quality then you’ve got me well chuffed.
  • AquavenomAquavenom Posts: 5

Aquavenom said:

Regarding the tuning of champs is it only applied to new champs or to existing champs like ghost, quake and corvus as well?

ALL Champions. From the very first to ones that come 3 years down the line. We want to be very clear that we have no intention of making any Nerfs at this time, and want to focus on Buffs for the time being, but I don't want there to be any misunderstanding here in the future.
    I appreciate the answer. Hopefully even if it comes down to tuning of champs that it will be done correctly for the player. Because getting top champs into your roster usually requires a lot of time and money.
  • NirocharlieNirocharlie Posts: 54
    @""Kabam Miike"
    With regard to the Dual Class Basic Hero Crystal, are you planning to just release the 5* version initially or will you release 4* and 6* versions along with the 5* version?
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    This is great, and has restored a lot of excitement in the game for me. I love that this one had dates as well!

Only thing I would request to see is which champs fall into what categories for the Strike Team. Maybe a forum post with all champs in the 3 categories. This will help inform people's rank up decisions. Extra credit if it is in the order they will done.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    H3t3r said:

DNA3000 said:

H3t3r said:

I have one questions. With the Wish crystal you guys used an example of a Cavalier crystal. Does that mean it will only be in those type of crystals or will that design be brought to the basic crystals like 4 and 5* basics.

My understanding is that is just an example of how a Wish crystal would work, the idea being that the players get some agency in steering the crystal towards the champs they want, but randomness still affects what you ultimately pull. A Cav crystal structured the way they describe would hand the players control over which champs appear, while the Cav structure would randomize which rarity tier you got from that list. But other kinds of things are possible besides that.

Personally I think it is unlikely that you'd see that specific kind of Wish crystal tied to a rarity-specific crystal because then the players would have full control over both which champs appeared and which rarity they got. That seems to be more control than they are signalling they are currently targeting with the examples they provided. I think it is more likely that we could see a "featured-wish" where the player selected one or a couple of champs to appear in a rarity-specific crystal, and the game randomized or curated the rest.
    Okay so if they did stick with just Cav or Gm crystals. What would we use to purchases them Units? Shards? As I dont see them staying at the typical 200/300 unit price. But we will have to see as it is a ways off before we see anything like that.
    That depends on whether the devs see this as correcting an error or providing a benefit. For example, the announced dual class crystals seem to have the same price as basic crystals, not higher price, in shards. So in that case, the devs feel those crystals correct the problem of the basic crystal being too diluted, so they don't feel they have to charge more for them. Whether the Wish crystal costs more or not depends on how the devs see them.

One alternative to charging more would be to limit the number that a player could buy per unit time, so people can't completely whale out on them and skew the value they provide. So I could see them having the same or similar price, under some conditions. But they could cost more; in either case as you say they appear to be a ways off at the moment, and things could change between now and then.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    I agree with everything, but all those about new crystals should be applied and to 6* pool not only the 5*. It is a game of 6* nowadays.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Really happy to hear one question had at hard understanding the 5 star like sw and Wolverine wil ther go to basice or just Featured cystal and incursion

Eventually we want to get them to the Basic Crystal, but don't have a timeline for that yet.
    Thanks for responding great to hearing that’s definitely make me a bit more motivated to play had wished ther was a bit more with 6 star cystal but a man can dream right
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    As the roster continues to grow, we want to make sure that every Champion has its place in the meta.

This kind of philosophy as far as reworks go is great to hear. I believe @Bodhizen works by a similar philosophy, and I'm very glad to hear that this is going to be the philosophy going forward. Looking good!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The roadmap mentions wanting 6 star options to be ‘more limited’ does that mean less crystal choices for them so less specific than 5 stars, or does it mean even smaller pools to target champs easier
  • XZANDER44XZANDER44 Posts: 24
    WHEN WE HAVE UPDATE ON ARENA IMPROVEMENT @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    If they can deliver then I'm excited and feel glad I've invested so much into this game. I think understanding that while gambling will always be a part of the game but that you should never be devastated by a crystal pull is the most important take away here. I don't even want every crystal to "God tier" because I want to be excited when it happens. But I can't stand the feeling of working/paying for a crystal to get a falcon type champ. I'm hoping to get my first six star in the next month or 2 and I'm already nervous that a year plus of working towards it will culminate in pulling Abomination or Iron Fist. It doesn't have to be Corvus but it'd be nice if it's not Ebony Maw. Ive never threatened to rage quit over a crystal but I can see losing the desire to play for a bit if all that work is someone I'll never use.

@""Kabam Miike"
    With regard to the Dual Class Basic Hero Crystal, are you planning to just release the 5* version initially or will you release 4* and 6* versions along with the 5* version?

The announcement implied their focus was on 4* and 5* acquisition, with 6* acquisition to be looked at down the road. I don't think they've made any plans to release class-specific 6* crystals based on that statement, and it also sounds like they are proceeding more cautiously with those.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Welp.

I have...absolutely nothing to add.

That honestly covered it all for me — as I have said a few times over the last few weeks, I truly think Kabam gets it.

Some of us had always said that not every kit needs a total overhaul, that some kits are fun to play as they were originally designed and just needed numerical adjustments.

A focused team to do this work...my gosh. THAT IS AMAZING TO SEE.

I say again: I am extremely excited about the future of this game.

This. Also: My duped 6 star Falcon and Punisher 2099 instantly became better pulls than they were prior to this update. I can't wait to get after it with a potent Punisher 2099.
    Lvernon15 said:

The roadmap mentions wanting 6 star options to be ‘more limited’ does that mean less crystal choices for them so less specific than 5 stars, or does it mean even smaller pools to target champs easier

In context, the options being discussed in that section refer to crystal design options. So actually not necessarily either of those. They seem to be saying that whatever materializes for 5* champs, don't automatically expect the same range of options to show up for 6* champs. But that doesn't necessarily mean those options will be worse. It is, of course, highly unlikely to be better though.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    I can confidently say I read the post before commenting here. I was more interested on reading about the future of crystals . The two ideas outlined by Kabam team members are good (2 class based crystals and the wish crystal) however I was hopeful to hear about nexus type crystals where you can select from 5 different champions at least in combination of the two good ideas for example and nexus crystal for 2 class champions. (Nexus crystal for mutant/skill 1 of 5 choices every pull)
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 192 ★★
    edited July 2020
    I would have preferred nexus than class crystals. I need Aegon but I’m overload with skill and mutant champions and I miss cosmics.

However, it’s an improvement and being same price is cool.

• NirocharlieNirocharlie Posts: 54
    DNA3000 said:

@""Kabam Miike"

The announcement implied their focus was on 4* and 5* acquisition, with 6* acquisition to be looked at down the road. I don't think they've made any plans to release class-specific 6* crystals based on that statement, and it also sounds like they are proceeding more cautiously with those.
    Cheers man. I figured that was the case and was just being hopeful, but understand why they'd delay that part