**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Dev Diary: Champions of the Contest

12346»

Comments

• RDQMRDQM Posts: 19
    The important points have already been pointed out so may I just make a near impossible request involving champions.

Will it be possible, even only for 1 or 2 months in the succeeding years to have 4 new champions instead of the 2 new, 2 buffed as planned? You have mentioned that technology makes it much easier to do new kits.

MCOC to me is the best Marvel game visually from champion design to animation. The incoming buffs would further cement this as champions that have not been done justice in the game can now be fixed. As to my point for the request, yes, I may now have the best looking Guardian and Saquatch in a game but because of the game’s format of just 2 new characters a month, the thought of all Alpha Flight members to be in it is near impossible.

😎
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    edited July 2020
    Looking forward to the character balances and changes. And I have a suggestion lol just duped my first 6* Emma frost, took her to rank 2 and sig 60 and she got wreaked on defence by a 5* rank 3 Corvus. So I’d love to see a colossus style only tech champs can Armor break her type sitcho going on there cos she‘s like wet paper against him lol.
  • Imthatdamnbad82Imthatdamnbad82 Posts: 181
    When exactly is Wolvie getting added to a Crystal Pool?

Im holding onto some 5*s till hes released.
  • Lion101Lion101 Posts: 161
    I wish that thor Jane fosters dog ability was on the base kit and the sig ability allowed you to gain shock charges on regular hits that can be transferred to a shock based on how many charges you have, and each stack of shock increases the stun chance, if this happened I believe that she would be one of the best champs in the game
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    When we gonna get sentry buffed it just need tuneup...
  • Child_of_DeathChild_of_Death Posts: 11
    So you say that you will make dual class basic hero crystals in short term. Can you tell us the month (or period) of introduction of this crystal?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Just because I’m anxiously awaiting their arrival, can @Kabam Vydious or someone else give anymore specificity to the dual class crystals than late July/early Aug? With another ten days gone by, I was hoping for good news that these were around the corner.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Just because I’m anxiously awaiting their arrival, can @Kabam Vydious or someone else give anymore specificity to the dual class crystals than late July/early Aug? With another ten days gone by, I was hoping for good news that these were around the corner.

10 whole days? This is why we can't have nice things.
    I know patience is hard...but these things take time.
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    It would be appropriate to polish the animations and differentiate between the magnets and it is special 3 to be redesigned, that movement is quite ugly. I would like the animations and specials to be as different as the characters are and I mean all of them, the Guardian, this new character is identical to Nova, from his abilities that closely resemble his specials. This is very similar to what happened in its beginnings where the vast majority of the characters had the same animation. very lazy and it shows the little effort and creativity in development.
  • Mr_NobodyMr_Nobody Posts: 1
    Cost Reduction of 5 star crystals would've been great for free to play players. And watch video to get rewards will be a nice thing.
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    No ads, stinks and lost time.
  • CyinoCyino Posts: 14
    Looks exciting!!!
  • CapMark2CapMark2 Posts: 40
    Seriously PLEASE Fix Punisher 2099. He had so much potential but you castrated him with horrible numbers. His overdrive ends way to quickly, it doesn't boost his attack nearly enough and his Specials basically do Nothing. At least fix the numbers and damage percentages. Please
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    CapMark2 said:

Seriously PLEASE Fix Punisher 2099. He had so much potential but you castrated him with horrible numbers. His overdrive ends way to quickly, it doesn't boost his attack nearly enough and his Specials basically do Nothing. At least fix the numbers and damage percentages. Please

Haven't they already announced that P2099 is going to be buffed? 🤔
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    edited July 2020
    What to expect from Magneto's buff?
    I don't even know what they are going to do, but I think it's fair to reduce the skill to almost zero for steel champions, in addition to having a force field similar to that of Killmonger, not to mention that it could put timed stunning to steel champions ...
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    All this is positive and exciting, especially the idea of the wish crystal
    Hope to see all these projects in the game very quickly
    I’m super excited to see some of these coming. I’m
    Hoping @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Vydious will clarify the late July/August timeline for class crystals, as well as conform whether or not there are purchase limits.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Been waiting also. Hopefully it’s soon.
  • Chewie420Chewie420 Posts: 96
    Give us these class crystals already please lol
  • manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    I think the class crystals are coming with the next update
  • Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    May I make a suggestion for 2021?? 2019 was the year for the Fantastic Four, 2020 was the year for Heralds of Galactus. For 2021 , Do a tour of the Battlerealm. Focus on the international heroes like Shuri, Captain Britian, and others.
  • DrDaysDrDays Posts: 4

Check out the latest Champions of the Contest, our latest Dev Diary which explores our philosophy of Champion Design, how that translates into our vision for the future, our new rebalance cadence, which Magento is getting buffed, and information on a couple new crystals coming to the Contest!

Read all about it on our Blog!

Then don't forget to read our final Dev Diary of the series, which will be coming soon! We're going to talk about the future of the Contest, and updates to Incursions, Arenas, and so much more!

• DrDaysDrDays Posts: 4
    Dear Mike wont it be better instead of just not having character arenas because of the delay today July23, you give us more tier arenas? As Many as you can would be nice
    Weren’t we supposed to get updated solo events late August or early September? Is there an update on this?