**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Acheivement System

Apologies if this has been suggested before, but there is a lot to read, even when searching:

The Dev Diary about the future, and the mention of sharing accomplishments, etc, with friends got me thinking about a feature I've enjoyed in some other games, which an Achievement/Badge system. The overall concept is that you get 'Badges' (or something similar) for doing certain things, hitting certain. milestones, etc. They are typically long-term (usually, with some easy event-based badges as well) tasks that you build to over time.

These could be simply cosmetic, or they could be tied to Titles, Profiles pics, etc. In some cases, they could even provide actual boosts to your account/champions (temporarily or permanently). Maybe, for bonuses, they are tied to the active title you are using, so that equipping that title provides a specific bonus. Lots of options.

Here are some examples/ideas/types to get the creative juices flowing (the numbers are arbitrary, not actual suggestions - I'd leave the thresholds to you devs and your data-mining):

Bloodlust:
Deal X points of Bleed Damage (could have stages at 1M, 5M, 10M, 100M) - Each stage increases potency of bleeds for all of your champions by 1/2/3/4%. Could do this for each Dmg type.

Scarred:
Take X points of Bleed Damage - Similar to the above, in stages, that could each grant a small reduction in potency of bleeds against your champs. Could do this for each Dmg type.

I'm always Angry:
Trigger X number of Fury buffs - Each stage increases duration or potency of Furies.

Oh No You Don't:
Nullify X number of Buffs - Each stage could give a small boost to Nullify abilities or ability accuracy reduction, or add a secondary effect when an ability is Nullified (like Petrify for 2 seconds or something like that).

Collector:
Collect 100 4-star champs (could have similar ones for each rarity level) - Gives you a small bonus to 4* shards, or maybe access to class-specific or other crystals that make it slightly easier to get the champs you want, since you already have a lot of them. Or maybe it just gives you an extra 4* when you achieve it as a 1-off.

Gladiator:
Win X fights in Arenas (possibly one for each arena mode if that isn't too complicated - but might provide motivation to grind that 3-star arena for a bit) - Give Battle Chips bonuses or access to better crystals or slightly altered drop rates - or again, just a one-pff reward at certain milestones.

Geneticist:
Win 500/1,000/5,000/10,000/100,000 fights with Mutant Champions - could provide some level-appropriate Class rank up items at each interval. Could do one of these for each Origin.

Gadgeteer:
Use 500/1,000/5,000/10,000 items - Each interval adds a bit to your inventory storage.

Those are just a few ideas of the type of Achievements that could be part of this. The possibilities are endless.

I realize this is sort of similar to Objectives, but the idea for these is to provide more long-term benefits to the grindy elements of the game, to promote and reward long-term account building, to give us something to go after once we've reached the level cap, and to motivate Summoners to engage in certain types of content, or with certain types of champs, that they normally wouldn't (I'd grind with Abomination or Man-Thing for a Poison achievement, for example). There could even be short-term events that motivate players to go after specific ones and reward them for hitting a mark.

Thoughts on this concept? Has this already been suggested and I am late to the party?

Thanks for any feedback or improvement upon this concept.

Comments

• Options
    Xyzor7Xyzor7 Posts: 9
    Another interesting one could be based on dmg done or fights won with Champs with certain tags.

Singularity:
    Win X fights with #Robots - Robots gain a small power boost (1-2%) each time they receive a debuff they are immune to.

It Pays to Play:
    Win X/Y/Z fights with #Mercenaries - Receive Gold (or Gold Crystals) as a reward for each internal (or add a small bonus to all gold earned, like the Mastery - or maybe even get a free point in that mastery).

Shop Class:
    Win X fights against #Metal Champions - Gain a small amount of block/armor penetration against #Metal champs.

Just a few more ideas that could be based on Champion tags.
  • Options
    Another possibility with this would be special rewards /buffs/abilities based on combinations of Achievements.

Any ideas for good interactions like that?
  • Options
    Any thoughts on this? Did I make this too long to read?

Would you think about things like this when it came to grinding out low level content? For example: "I'll grind with Poison champs to make progress towards that Achievement."
  • Options
    Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
    cinema-launch 100/500/1000 sp3s
    cant touch this-1000/5000/10,000 dexterity triggers
    ultimate power-have 5/10/20 buffs on your champion
    fight the power-win 50/100/200 fights with a class disadvantage
    fun and interactive-die 10/50/100 to passive DOT
    power beyond imagination-achieve a team power of 75,000+
    enhanced-achieve a total of 50% boost
    team player-have 10 synergies active on a team
    advanced-rank up 10 tech champs
    white hat hacker-win 50 incursion fights with heroes