**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Would I be stupid for doing this?

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in Strategy and Tips
In my playable roster, pretty much the only person I have that punishes buff heavy champs is Mojo, and that is assuming they actually expire (not permanent buffs like resistor). I have Ronan, a cosmic gem, and a handful of cosmic sigs. my only other Cosmic of note is Hyperion who is perfect at his current sig level. Should I do it?

Would I be stupid for doing this? 20 votes

Go for Ronan!
50%
Hammerbro_64AleorNotsavage19KevanproGGiulioV99EtjamaBonzodavidRocketWaffleMasterpuffYEETguy 10 votes
Get a grip on yourself
50%
WaynedavyLvernon15KingKiahHendrossPanchulon21NeotwismMidnite93Sarvanga1_DeejCloudwalker 10 votes
Why haven’t you used it on ___? They are right there in your roster!!!
0%

Comments

• Options
    Go for Ronan!

• Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Go for Ronan!
    I mean if you really want to. Or wait.
  • Options
    Go for Ronan!
    Awakening gems are getting more and more common, meaning that they lose some of their value, so holding it on for a specific champion wouldn't be as important today as it would be two years ago.

Sure, if you use it on Ronan and get a CMM, it might hinder your progression, but that's only temporary, and in most cases, it won't. Also, Ronan has a lot of niche uses, so having a cheese character can work out in your favor.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Get a grip on yourself
    I'd wait. Shards are still way more plentiful in the game than awakening gems. Cosmic has a lot of great champs. I would hold off unless u really enjoy ronan.
  • Options
    Go for Ronan!
    But like, how many actually need a gem? I know Corvus and Medusa and to a lesser degree Venom, but what godly cosmics would I be missing out on if they were unduped?
  • Options
    Go for Ronan!

But like, how many actually need a gem? I know Corvus and Medusa and to a lesser degree Venom, but what godly cosmics would I be missing out on if they were unduped?

Cull, Prox, CMM, SS (off and def), Thor, Champ (def), Annihilus (def). They don't need it, but they do benefit.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Go for Ronan!
    Took mine to r4 years ago, never regretted it.
    Also got a 6* cosmic ag today, would gladly use it on Ronan if there was one in my roster and in 6* pool. As noted above, most cosmic champs don't really need their sig. Ronan does.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    wouldn't be s terrible idea. @Notsavage19 brought up a good point about them losing value in a way
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Go for Ronan!
    I’ve gemmed Ronan. Needed a 6.3.6 beardo counter.
  • Options
    KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    Get a grip on yourself
    I'd save and wait
  • Options
    SfakuSfaku Posts: 44
    Ronan is very niche so I’d do that only If I had a pretty diverse roster already.
  • Options
    Go for Ronan!
    The deed has been done. I did the math and 5 buffs should leave them stun locked 😁