**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

WHO WANTS A FREE MODE?!

Sir_PootingtonSir_Pootington Posts: 45
edited May 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Do I have your attention? Good. Here's the plan:
Free mode will be accessable from the versus menu next to quick play. There will be no entry fee, and no stamina recharge, so you can play to your heart's content. As for the gameplay, the player will have access to all fighters, except special characters such as thanos, Kang, the adaptoids, etc. The opponent will have an adjustable difficulty based on rarity, rank, and/or AI complexity. Alternatively, the player can use their own champions as Challenger and opponents. Ever wanted to see a five star beat the [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] out of a one star? It's rather amusing. Anyway, here's the downside: there are NO REWARDS from free mode, and unobtained champions used in it cannot be used outside of it. I think this addition will benefit both players and kabam. Players find a champion they like, they buy units to spend. Players buy units, kabam makes a profit. Hopefully this gives kabam some new ideas for gameplay, and not the same modes over and over and over and over and over– you get the idea.
Let me know down below if you like the idea and cast a vote! If not, also let me know why you don't like it.
Also, if anyone on the kabam team is reading this, send me an email, and we'll talk business.

WHO WANTS A FREE MODE?! 51 votes

YESYESYESYESYES!! DO IT!!
60%
Neroa65YodieDARKLOKISolswerdKronos987654321TewDollarBillFeuerschwerMatt110303L8r_M8HurricaneWarningDonaldJTrump69EchWWWEZTKalMjbootsJayMMAgent_007FaustAfridGaseousClay 31 votes
This is a dumb idea.
29%
JustBeFineA_Noob_Is1stakkconrad37LolacatDoc_HollamonFizzzzzyWoolverine314LewisTheLlamaBazingoDR89GregorKris0175Paulni86Speedbump 15 votes
I've been chasing a specific champion for too long and want a chance to abuse the heck out of it.
9%
SlowDigzsfu_koraxguardianbelikovadqqedfyvrThe_Prankster16 5 votes

Comments

• Sir_PootingtonSir_Pootington Posts: 45
    Hey, if you have a negative view on this topic, l can't stress enough that you tell me why in the comments.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I would love this for practicing for LoL
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    It would be good to have a practice mode. Especially one that would let you set buffs/debuffs.

But I have no idea why the above would require anyone on the Kabam team to "send you an email and talk business" as this concept is already in many, many fighting games already.
    Solswerd wrote: »
    It would be good to have a practice mode. Especially one that would let you set buffs/debuffs.

But I have no idea why the above would require anyone on the Kabam team to "send you an email and talk business" as this concept is already in many, many fighting games already.

Hmm...I like that idea. What I was also considering was allowing local fights in the free mode. So if your friends wanted to fight, they could.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    I think it should be like trying out different characters or like new characters.
    Vision_41 wrote: »
    I think it should be like trying out different characters or like new characters.

Well, one of the catches was that the character would not be available for free mode until added to the PHC.
  • YESYESYESYESYES!! DO IT!!
    I've been wanting something like this for a long time. I would like to pick any character to fight then be able to choose how tough they are and add modifiers so you can recreate boss fights, RoL fights or anything for practice. They could call it the Danger Room.
  • JayMMJayMM Posts: 69
    I have been thinking of this idea for a long while but did not how to word it as well as you, i could see this being really useful say i am in war and got blocked by a stun immune spider or nc as example. You then go to the free mode and practice the fight without wasting duel credits.
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    Would be pretty awesome for training purpose!
  • AlphashotAlphashot Posts: 29
    Yes its a great idea
  • YESYESYESYESYES!! DO IT!!
    Good idea m8
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    They did something similar when x23 came out and people didn't like it so they took it out
  • Drakon56Drakon56 Posts: 32
    Not just X23, they did it again for kamala khan, and everyone bashed on it, saying that because there weren't any rewards, it was a useless piece of content.
    I've already seen a 5* vs a 1*, already forget rockets workshop?

I meant
    Batman05 wrote: »
    They did something similar when x23 came out and people didn't like it so they took it out

I always wondered what happened to that thing...huh.
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    This is a dumb idea.
    Aww I voted no but then someone commented about LoL practice and now I want to change my answer...
    kconrad37 wrote: »
    Aww I voted no but then someone commented about LoL practice and now I want to change my answer...

That's alright. As long as you voted for something.
  • postsaverpostsaver Posts: 11
    Good idea, I have the worst time beating, (or lack there of), nightcrawler. Mostly because I don't have him. So being able to practice fighting him would be fantastic.
    postsaver wrote: »
    Good idea, I have the worst time beating, (or lack there of), nightcrawler. Mostly because I don't have him. So being able to practice fighting him would be fantastic.

Thanks! Glad you agree!
  • CARNAGECARNAGE Posts: 2
    This would be fun
    Let people make their own touments for their alliance And they pick the rewards
    CARNAGE wrote: »
    This would be fun
    Let people make their own touments for their alliance And they pick the rewards

Hmm...*lightbulb*