**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If Variant 5 has 2017 Rank-Up Gems in the Rewards

Comments

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    If the rewards for new variants never improve from what we have now, they're going to be pretty much irrelevant soon. I want 6* resources.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Can we atleast get more 6 star based rewards? 5 star based rewards looks like getting outdated atleast to them who already have done v1 to V4.

Can we get it harder than V1 as well if we are getting better rewards?

The past 2-3 variants were too easy and could be done without much effort.

#trollpost lol
    I love how whenever someone suggest making content harder with better rewards everyone freaks out and smashes the disagree button... If only they knew that it will be better for them in the long run.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

I don't know the rewards, and I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't think we'll be at 2017 gems yet.

I just hope it will be fun tbh. That's the main factor about variants for me and the main reason I explored v2-4 and didn't touch v1 yet lol.
    Yeah, even though V2-4 were pretty easy, I really did love the unique buffs that some champions got. Playing with Sentinel with his buff was ridiculous, fights went so fast.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    V1 was so bad lol. I 100% but man...
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Mercury79 said:

Hoping varient 5 would come with more awsome hack and mods for us too as we seen varient 4 which is awsome couse of all * champions are usefull...then expecting varient 5 to be buff selector for us too like incursion hacks

I'm hoping for a Variant 2 Style where a certain type of Champion got a Big Boost when you used them as Attackers, so in the Blood And Venom Event for example I'm hoping we get a Node or Two in each Quest that gives Each of the Guillotine Related and Symbiote/Spiderverse Champions a Boost or Addition to their Abilities.
    Variant 3 kind of followed that trend but the only Unique Big Boost any Attacker got in that whole thing was Sentinel, all the others Techs just got Ability Accuracy Reduction Immunity and Increased Debuff Duration for each Tech on your team which was cool but personally I preferred Variant 2 where in one Quest you could Dominate with Dormammu and in another with King Groot.
    I am hoping for a boost to champions with swords.

Most likely Guillotine will receive the boost but hoping it is broader than that.
    Dpx would be legendary
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

I don't know the rewards, and I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't think we'll be at 2017 gems yet.

@Kabam Miike you can do better than this. You don't know the rewards, and you don't think...come on man.

and so maybe take it up with Kabam Frenchie. The first two variants were 2015. Then the two afterwards were 2016. We've waited almost a year for V5 and we're still in 2016....seems logical that the rewards should reflect 2017. and besides. this is only to rank 4 a 2017 champ. it's not like people are asking for 4 t2as/class catalysts etc to take up an outdated champion that we already have ranked up at this point.
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★

You kinda already killed my dreams, with the not sure we getting 2017 gems yet.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    People, its based off what year the EQ originally came out in, not what year the variant drops or anything else for that matter. The next 12 variants could and should all have 2016 gems because they all came out in 2016.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    If they release 2017 Rank up Gem, I may leave it to Medusa or Gwenpool
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

People, its based off what year the EQ originally came out in, not what year the variant drops or anything else for that matter. The next 12 variants could and should all have 2016 gems because they all came out in 2016.

Despite the pattern seems to be that, imagine having all these 2016 rank up gems from twelve Variants. They couldn’t be natural used. That’s not going to happen. Kabam knows they need to change the pattern to later year gems, or even make them not year tied. It’s most likely the last Variant, they can put 2016 gems as rewards, since putting them furthermore, would be causing them being useless overflow in players inventory. There are not so many 2016 champs to apply them all, as many players have already ranked up 2016 champs with catalysts.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★

Mercury79 said:

Hoping varient 5 would come with more awsome hack and mods for us too as we seen varient 4 which is awsome couse of all * champions are usefull...then expecting varient 5 to be buff selector for us too like incursion hacks

I'm hoping for a Variant 2 Style where a certain type of Champion got a Big Boost when you used them as Attackers, so in the Blood And Venom Event for example I'm hoping we get a Node or Two in each Quest that gives Each of the Guillotine Related and Symbiote/Spiderverse Champions a Boost or Addition to their Abilities.
    Variant 3 kind of followed that trend but the only Unique Big Boost any Attacker got in that whole thing was Sentinel, all the others Techs just got Ability Accuracy Reduction Immunity and Increased Debuff Duration for each Tech on your team which was cool but personally I preferred Variant 2 where in one Quest you could Dominate with Dormammu and in another with King Groot.
    They already hinted in the dev diary when they announced the release of V5 that you’ll want to have venom and guilly (or champs like them) for this quest.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Honesty everything in this game is based off whatever kabam wants to base it off of most of the time with no explanation lol

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

Just wanted to drop a note that I'm talking to the team about the desire for a 2017 Gem in the new Variant.

Thank you, you're the man hopefully the rewards are updated as the game itself is not the same when the last variant was out, again thank you for working with the player base.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★

Just wanted to drop a note that I'm talking to the team about the desire for a 2017 Gem in the new Variant.

Hope it's seriously considered. It's not at all game-breaking and having a more outdated item from fresh content at this point in time will create various kinds of and mostly unnecessary situational problems.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Appreciate the extra communication!
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    I am expecting varient 5 would be fun to play and give us more control and advancement to deal opponent

Mercury79 said:

That could be fun to play and what if there is only requirement to complete the Quist with only 4* and each chapter requires spacific champ for example each chapter requires special catagory champs group spiderverse, guardianofthegalaxy,avengers,xmen,newmutents,hulkverse,teamthanos,fantasticfour,teamsorcerer etc...there are tons of group and this would be an awsome catagories and expecting oponent champ attack rating low and health rating more so match would stay long so if we got hit it dosent effect much and this could be stress free too with 4* champs...and each chapter could be rechecked with 4* so we can spend less unit as we can...hope varient 5 gonna release soon and kabam thought about it for a while and I think v5 is under devlopment so expecting this feature from v6
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

genuinely hope this is considered.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

This is great.

Absent that, generic 2015-16 gems might also work. For many of us, the choices for remaining old champ rankups aren’t great—of course, if the buffs keep pace, that could change.

Thanks!

Dr. Zola
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    2017 we're talking 3 years ago lol, so how game breaking can that be to kbm really. Just let us have it, guys. 2015 / 2016 depending on the class will be a wasted gem to many players.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Mercury79 said:

They already hinted in the dev diary when they announced the release of V5 that you’ll want to have venom and guilly (or champs like them) for this quest.
    they also teased classic Spider-Man, I think
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    i finally completed 100% of Variant 1 yesterday (already finished the other 3) and got my 6th mystic rank up gem (in stash).
    i already had magik (2015), voodoo (2016), gr (2016) at R4 and most most of the other 2015-2016 champs (the bad ones) i already have as 6*, so no one to use these gems.
    i don't like the year specific gem as there are limited options and you may get stuck with gem you can''t use.
    they should at least let us choose the class, like in nexus crystal.