**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quality of Life Improvements

Recently Kabam has expressed an interest in quality of life improvements for the game. The point has been made that managing a work life game balance can be challenging when there are so many different game modes each with their own time requirements whether it be to unlink an alliance member or achieve your arena goals.

I have put some thought into this challenge and come up with a simple solution. The problem is timers. A perfect example is how many times the community has gone back and forth Kabam on timers for AQ. What if instead of finding a perfect sweet spot we approach the problem differently.

My proposition is timers the way they exist today are entirely removed. Here’s how it can work;

AQ: Remove the energy cap. Stop punishing summoners for sleeping and allow them to make up missed moves when work, life, unforeseen circumstances allow.

AW: Same principle as AQ. Added benefits would be a reduction in the amount of boosts needed and increased coordination on routes.

Arena: At the beginning of the arena each champ in your roster begins to build up energy. With this concept you no longer are setting alarms to run your 6 stars rather you are accumulating energy that you can use as you wish during the event.

I urge you to consider these propositions seriously. They address the quality of life issues and will assist you to retain players in the long term.

Comments

• Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    I really like this concept. Not penalizing a summoner for having to put the game down for a period of time and allowing them to progress thru AQ/AW or Arena as they have time to allocate to the game. This may mean some blitz's but still allowing the summoner to achieve the desired results over an AQ/AW day or an Arena series.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    The energy caps add an incentive to log on frequently and play. Also, wouldn't this make wars easier for Alliances who are less-organized/alliances who don't log on multiple times a day?

For example, Ally A has people who only log on 2 per day. Ally B has people who log on 5+ times per day. Ally B always finishes AW and AQ maps because they log on often. Ally A on the other hand, doesn't always finish. If this change was implemented, both Ally A and Ally B would finish their maps. How is that fair to Ally B? They had the dedication to log in frequently. Ally A didn't.

Also, for arena, why should a person who can't log on frequently have the same advantage over another player who logs on frequently? The person who frequently plays the game should have the upper hand over the one who only logs on once a day.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★

The energy caps add an incentive to log on frequently and play. Also, wouldn't this make wars easier for Alliances who are less-organized/alliances who don't log on multiple times a day?

For example, Ally A has people who only log on 2 per day. Ally B has people who log on 5+ times per day. Ally B always finishes AW and AQ maps because they log on often. Ally A on the other hand, doesn't always finish. If this change was implemented, both Ally A and Ally B would finish their maps. How is that fair to Ally B? They had the dedication to log in frequently. Ally A didn't.

Also, for arena, why should a person who can't log on frequently have the same advantage over another player who logs on frequently? The person who frequently plays the game should have the upper hand over the one who only logs on once a day.

Everyone puts in the same time to accomplish AQ / AW / Arena, etc. For example, if you do 7 hours of arena over 3 days VS me doing 7 hours arena in the very last 7 hours on the 3rd day, why should that be treated differently? We both spent 7 hours of our time in the game.
  • Options

Everyone puts in the same time to accomplish AQ / AW / Arena, etc. For example, if you do 7 hours of arena over 3 days VS me doing 7 hours arena in the very last 7 hours on the 3rd day, why should that be treated differently? We both spent 7 hours of our time in the game.
    Because logging on frequently shows dedication, and Kabam rewards that type of behavior (think 4-hour crystals, daily crystals, calendars). Furthermore, if I log in multiple times over 3 days, and play 7 hours of arena spread over those 3 days, I would have a higher arena score than someone who spends 7 hours in arena at once. How is it fair for the person who logged on more frequently, and therefore showed more dedication have the same score as another player who logged on once?
  • Options
    Demps928Demps928 Posts: 27
    I don’t think the target player needs to be someone that is constantly available. Even with my proposed change people are logging in multiple times per day. The issue it solves is being a slave to a timer schedule. People playing this game have obligations. Alliances shouldn’t suffer because people have to do very reasonable things. It has already been acknowledged that the way the game exists today is overly demanding. Flexibility is a good thing.
  • Options
    Demps928 said:

I don’t think the target player needs to be someone that is constantly available. Even with my proposed change people are logging in multiple times per day. The issue it solves is being a slave to a timer schedule. People playing this game have obligations. Alliances shouldn’t suffer because people have to do very reasonable things. It has already been acknowledged that the way the game exists today is overly demanding. Flexibility is a good thing.

Yes, but we can't be so flexible that the players that are more dedicated and log on more frequently lose their earned advantage. I'm all for QOL changes and making the game seem less like a job, but if players are treating the game as a job, they should have an advantage over those who don't. Completely removing the timers/stamina would eliminate that advantage.