**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

is 5* drax worth a cosmic awakening gem?

zero7zero7 Posts: 801
edited September 2017 in Strategy and Tips

is 5* drax worth a cosmic awakening gem? 85 votes

yes
52%
TulvenMr_PlatypusChadhoganHaji_SaabFluffydragon2TheLazyKingJarekSpity68ZoddymamFireballs5Warofgods13514Losspikvg2782Jank39trey92008AfridJets44Speeds80Vision_41Vartox 45 votes
no
47%
GamerNevvBRagamugginGunnerRB6942Mike_BBigMoSpidey076LeNoirFaineantJaffacakedsfu_koraxRockandrollinaDNyaleYellsomeThatsausageLeftTurnAlbqrqeRaaYouCantSeeMe2MitchellAZ_LivingDeadGirlSuperman69 40 votes

Comments

• Options
    JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited September 2017
    yes
    i have him rank 2 unduped right now and he is beastly, he has some real nice bleed power. i plan to rank 3 him unduped so ya i would use it on him
  • Options
    Mike_BMike_B Posts: 33
    no
    Wait for Hyperion
  • Options
    98FF_98FF_ Posts: 59
    yes
    Yes
  • Options
    yes
    Yes he can be insane if you get lucky with the furys
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    yes
    He is one of the few that can beat an lol path with under 3000 units, though I guess Hyperion would as well, bleed beats safeguard and awakened his bleed gets mad, his double hit also beats evade most of the time,
    I have him r4 unduped and I do not regret it, I want that awakening stone so bad; I'm saving for an lol run and would do it that week if I awakened him
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    no
    No his awakened ability while good does not make or break the champion, he still is capable of doing LOL unduped and there are better cosmic champions as 5* that get more from their awakened ability than drax
  • Options
    yes
    Yep I cleared LOL with him duped for < 3500 units. Used my gem on him and don't regret it. People saying wait for hyperion, you could be waiting a long long time given the size of the pool.
  • Options
    ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    yes
    I used a gem on mine and hes all kinds of awesome but as luck would have it the next 5 star champ I pulled was drax and then to add insult to injury pulled him a 3rd time but he's pretty amazing so I don't regret it
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,769 ★★★★★
    Is 4* rank 5 comparable? I just awakened him via a duplicate and wondering if I should rank 5 this champ (of course, I need to get my hands on T4CC cosmic first).

• Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    yes
    I have my duped one at rank 5. He tears it up
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    no
    I wouldn't use a 5* gem or t2a on Drax. He's a fun champ but there are much better in the game that either are or soon will be in the crystals. This game is a marathon not a sprint.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    no
    Save for someone that sucks without it. He doesn't
  • Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
  • Options
    YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    no
    zero7 wrote: »
    Born wrote: »

wow that's great- what's the sig level?

holy cow!
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    yes
    Definately; he does not rely on parries like hype. I have no idea what people are talking about when it comes to the benefit of his sig. Arguably the cosmic champ that benefits the MOST from his sig (along with thor).

Angela does not need to be awakened at all and hype is still insane without his sig.

Pretty much a no-brainer for me.
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    no
    Hellz to the naw....

Not worth t2a or a gem imo. Yes I have 5* drax. Fun champ, not worth more than r3.
  • Options
    no
    Definately; he does not rely on parries like hype. I have no idea what people are talking about when it comes to the benefit of his sig. Arguably the cosmic champ that benefits the MOST from his sig (along with thor).

Angela does not need to be awakened at all and hype is still insane without his sig.

Pretty much a no-brainer for me.

Hyperion doesn't rely on parry whatsoever. The player might and if so that's their issue. Angela's power comes from the number of active buffs so I don't see how a signature ability that prevents nullifying said buffs isn't needed. Maybe not for attack but it's a defensive game changer. Thor is ok but if you have either Hyperion or Angela then why bother with Thor?

Having both Hyperion and Angela at 4* and drax at 5* I can say hands down Hyperion is the best to use it on. No he doesn't need it. But he's already god tier and anything that can keep his buffs going longer so he can get to cosmic overload faster is a conversation ender.

Drax is perfectly fine with some investment in DW. His bleed is his damage, extra fury is nice but worth a generic 5* awakening gem? Are you people out of your minds?
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    yes
    Yes because it'll be a good investment. Unless you get another cosmic 5-Star. But I still say go for it!
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    yes
    I agree Hyperion is better but the awakening gem makes more of a difference to drax, with the pool of 5* like it is the average wait time for Hyperion would be well over a year if you open a 5* once a month, I would do it and run lol tomorrow, Im hoping for a cosmic awakening for mine, from what I've heard unawakened will take a ton more units to run lol, more like 7k where 3-3.5k seems to be the word for awakened drax on easy path