**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Namor or Colossus? Who is better? Seeking endgame players opinions

124»

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    namor
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Etjama said:

Look, @Jaded. No hate, man. I see you talking on the forums a lot and your opinions are often quite valuable. But here, you're just trying to prove a highly uncommon opinion with false arguments and it's just triggering people in all honesty.

No hate at all dude. I’m making valid points. They are just not being heard. I haven’t injected anything false into my discussion. Maybe is uncommon opinion but this is how I play the game. Colossus is on the bench, Namor taps in every day.
    I hear you. Namor is a very good champ with very high damage, but I just think Colossus is more valuable. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I'm actually curious to see what other arguements there are for either champ. Cause it's kinda been the same people going back and forth for most of this thread.
    Yeah I’m done. I don’t need to be like that other guy on here 😂😂.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    colossus
    @Jaded
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm6Ad8XG_v4
    Heres a longer GM breakdown with colossus guide by BG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2OxneQvOUQ
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    colossus
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

You colossus fanboys are almost the worse. Never able to see beyond the truth. Everything he does, someone else does better. He has 1 quality that could be somewhat beneficial, that’s his immunities. But there are others can do same and better. Namor doesn’t have “immunities”, but colossus can’t reflect the DOT back to the defender AND regen (with wp).

Is colossus good? Yes, is he better than Namor. No.

Namor has everything colossus has and more (also namor’s high damage output is easier to get).

Lol someone's salty they didn't rank down namor when they had the chance and now need to somehow justify that decision.

Jokes aside, though, you're wrong.
    I did rank namor down, and ranked him back up allocated sig stones to doom. Which didn’t matter in the end because both are sig 200 now. I’m not salty about anything, I’ve got my Colossus at r4 5* sig 200 as well. But he won’t go r5 because my other 30 rank 5 5* are more capable overall then he is. I’ve also been part of all the betas for all the reworked champs, part of the betas for act 6. Never used colossus, but used namor.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

By a longshot. Namor is way more niche than most tier lists make him out to be. And even in his niche he isn't the only one (anymore).

Colossus on the other hand is loaded with utility and can also do some beastly damage.

Namor even at max sig is highly overrated imo.

And what does colossus do that no one else does better? 😂😂

Namor has one of the best signature abilities in the game. Colossus doesn’t come near namor’s abilities.
    How does Namor do against Havok? Buffed up? Amy immunities we should know of? How long is that ramp up again? Any tankiness or solid sustainability besides a little regen?

What does namor have on colossus when he's unawakened? How long does it take to get a 5-Star to sig 200? You have to invest in Namor to get the most out of him.
    So....colossus can handle havok and he has immunities. But he isn’t niche but namor is? Lamo okay. If namor is niche then so is colossus. It doesn’t take as long as you think to max sig a 5* when you purchase offers. Even every Sunday has 5x 5* generic sig stones plus a handful of other goodies for $5. July 4th deals got me 300 generic sig stones alone. While sig stones are hard to come by, it isn’t that hard if you are a willing participant in picking up signature stones whenever they pop up.

You can’t argue what IFs. The question is which one is better, so at full abilities namor outweighs colossus.
    At r5, sig 200 Colossus is also better. At his base he has Bleed, Incinerate, Colsnap and Frostbite immunity, making him viable for freezerburn, caltrops, biohazard and iceman.

His damage is insane and much more practical to get instead of waiting around and building outrage. He is very sustainable for when you make mistakes, especially with that sp3.

Colossus also has 3 armors at his base and armor break immunity when not fighting techs just in case what I mentioned wasn't enough. This makes him a havok counter and makes him great for buffed up.

Don't even get me started on synergies. With Omega (who is a beast) and Juggs on the team, Colossus is madness. At 20 Armors he has a +60% attack increase which is the equivalent of full suicides. Add actual suicides and he's nuts. What do Namor's synergies do for him? Answer: Close to nothing.

Colossus' sig ability just makes him even beter for when you use him for his immunities and in general. He can generate more armor and more damage, and some of those armors can stick. This can make him even more tanky and give him even more damage potential.

So yeah, imo Colossus is better. Namor is still awesome though.
    1) namor doesn’t need immunities, you want DOT on him.

2) Namor has a high damage output, and it’s not hard. Throw sp3, and hit away.

3) Don’t make mistakes...? Namor has regen on sp1 and sp2. Does colossus? Both have survivability.

4) You keep mentioning Havoc, but I’m not bring colossus to war to deal with havoc. Others can do it better and faster. Also act 6 havoc boss I used two different champs completely for 100%

5) I don’t want attackers that need or benefit highly from synergies. That’s so blade.
    1) He doesn't have them, but they are great to have.

2) So does colossus. He can put out huge yellow numbers just like namor.

3) Block damage? Also, nobody plays perfectly.

4) Colossus is still a viable option if you don't have someone like Warlock or Guilly.

5) Ghost also benefits very largely from synergies. Don't see anyone with a problem w/ that.
    I don’t use ghost, so now you see someone with a problem with synergy heavy champs. Maybe a first for you, but I know a lot of people that dislike bringing 2+ champs to make one god-tier champ.
    That's subjective. if you don't like bringing synergy champs thats fine, doesn't change the fact that the champ is objectively better with them.
    I also personally don't like putting 200 Sig stones for a niche ability I'll hardly use over a proper counter but i can still recognise its uses.
    Let's try and keep the biases in check
    The point of mentioning synergies is because someone said colossus synergies make him better. So I said not everyone wants to add champs to make a whole champ...biases well in check, just make sure you connect all the dots.
    Synergies are taking into account when you talk about champs. whether people like adding champs or not doesn't change the fact that the synergy is available and affects how good the champ is.
    You’re right, that’s why I said “I” and “I know people”. I’m not talking about a generalization of the population playing mcoc. So everything in colossus‘s kit is valid and everything in Namor’s kit is valid. Except everyone for colossus is blind to everything he can do. I’ve already stated that Colossus is good, and much better now a days. But he’s also overrated by many.

The question is which is best, namor can do any fight colossus can. Colossus CAN NOT do every fight Namor can do. That’s already proven when I told someone to fight a variant korg with colossus. Then I’m told it’s “different” by fanboys.

Namor is better then Colossus. Is it by a lot 🤷‍♂️, probably closer then expected but he still wins. Yes we can go around in circles about each kit. Let’s see proof. Or is no one ready to take colossus into 6.4.6 to clear a lane? 👍
    I see where you're coming from and the differentiator is your criteria for who is better. The reason you're staying namor is better is because he works in niche matchups when the reality is outside of those matchups he's completely outclassed. There's more to a comparison than who can do this particular fight, namor can definitely not do any fight colossus can and let's not pretend he can (i.e buffed up fights). You may value someone who can do hyper specific fights but if the poll is any indicator most people like generalists.
    Also your points lose credibility when you accuse everyone of being fanboys with the way you are acting
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    namor

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

You colossus fanboys are almost the worse. Never able to see beyond the truth. Everything he does, someone else does better. He has 1 quality that could be somewhat beneficial, that’s his immunities. But there are others can do same and better. Namor doesn’t have “immunities”, but colossus can’t reflect the DOT back to the defender AND regen (with wp).

Is colossus good? Yes, is he better than Namor. No.

Namor has everything colossus has and more (also namor’s high damage output is easier to get).

Lol someone's salty they didn't rank down namor when they had the chance and now need to somehow justify that decision.

Jokes aside, though, you're wrong.
    I did rank namor down, and ranked him back up allocated sig stones to doom. Which didn’t matter in the end because both are sig 200 now. I’m not salty about anything, I’ve got my Colossus at r4 5* sig 200 as well. But he won’t go r5 because my other 30 rank 5 5* are more capable overall then he is. I’ve also been part of all the betas for all the reworked champs, part of the betas for act 6. Never used colossus, but used namor.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Jaded said:

By a longshot. Namor is way more niche than most tier lists make him out to be. And even in his niche he isn't the only one (anymore).

Colossus on the other hand is loaded with utility and can also do some beastly damage.

Namor has one of the best signature abilities in the game. Colossus doesn’t come near namor’s abilities.
    How does Namor do against Havok? Buffed up? Amy immunities we should know of? How long is that ramp up again? Any tankiness or solid sustainability besides a little regen?

What does namor have on colossus when he's unawakened? How long does it take to get a 5-Star to sig 200? You have to invest in Namor to get the most out of him.
    So....colossus can handle havok and he has immunities. But he isn’t niche but namor is? Lamo okay. If namor is niche then so is colossus. It doesn’t take as long as you think to max sig a 5* when you purchase offers. Even every Sunday has 5x 5* generic sig stones plus a handful of other goodies for $5. July 4th deals got me 300 generic sig stones alone. While sig stones are hard to come by, it isn’t that hard if you are a willing participant in picking up signature stones whenever they pop up.

You can’t argue what IFs. The question is which one is better, so at full abilities namor outweighs colossus.
    At r5, sig 200 Colossus is also better. At his base he has Bleed, Incinerate, Colsnap and Frostbite immunity, making him viable for freezerburn, caltrops, biohazard and iceman.

His damage is insane and much more practical to get instead of waiting around and building outrage. He is very sustainable for when you make mistakes, especially with that sp3.

Colossus also has 3 armors at his base and armor break immunity when not fighting techs just in case what I mentioned wasn't enough. This makes him a havok counter and makes him great for buffed up.

Don't even get me started on synergies. With Omega (who is a beast) and Juggs on the team, Colossus is madness. At 20 Armors he has a +60% attack increase which is the equivalent of full suicides. Add actual suicides and he's nuts. What do Namor's synergies do for him? Answer: Close to nothing.

Colossus' sig ability just makes him even beter for when you use him for his immunities and in general. He can generate more armor and more damage, and some of those armors can stick. This can make him even more tanky and give him even more damage potential.

So yeah, imo Colossus is better. Namor is still awesome though.
    1) namor doesn’t need immunities, you want DOT on him.

2) Namor has a high damage output, and it’s not hard. Throw sp3, and hit away.

3) Don’t make mistakes...? Namor has regen on sp1 and sp2. Does colossus? Both have survivability.

4) You keep mentioning Havoc, but I’m not bring colossus to war to deal with havoc. Others can do it better and faster. Also act 6 havoc boss I used two different champs completely for 100%

5) I don’t want attackers that need or benefit highly from synergies. That’s so blade.
    1) He doesn't have them, but they are great to have.

2) So does colossus. He can put out huge yellow numbers just like namor.

3) Block damage? Also, nobody plays perfectly.

4) Colossus is still a viable option if you don't have someone like Warlock or Guilly.

5) Ghost also benefits very largely from synergies. Don't see anyone with a problem w/ that.
    I don’t use ghost, so now you see someone with a problem with synergy heavy champs. Maybe a first for you, but I know a lot of people that dislike bringing 2+ champs to make one god-tier champ.
    That's subjective. if you don't like bringing synergy champs thats fine, doesn't change the fact that the champ is objectively better with them.
    I also personally don't like putting 200 Sig stones for a niche ability I'll hardly use over a proper counter but i can still recognise its uses.
    Let's try and keep the biases in check
    The point of mentioning synergies is because someone said colossus synergies make him better. So I said not everyone wants to add champs to make a whole champ...biases well in check, just make sure you connect all the dots.
    Synergies are taking into account when you talk about champs. whether people like adding champs or not doesn't change the fact that the synergy is available and affects how good the champ is.
    You’re right, that’s why I said “I” and “I know people”. I’m not talking about a generalization of the population playing mcoc. So everything in colossus‘s kit is valid and everything in Namor’s kit is valid. Except everyone for colossus is blind to everything he can do. I’ve already stated that Colossus is good, and much better now a days. But he’s also overrated by many.

The question is which is best, namor can do any fight colossus can. Colossus CAN NOT do every fight Namor can do. That’s already proven when I told someone to fight a variant korg with colossus. Then I’m told it’s “different” by fanboys.

Namor is better then Colossus. Is it by a lot 🤷‍♂️, probably closer then expected but he still wins. Yes we can go around in circles about each kit. Let’s see proof. Or is no one ready to take colossus into 6.4.6 to clear a lane? 👍
    I see where you're coming from and the differentiator is your criteria for who is better. The reason you're staying namor is better is because he works in niche matchups when the reality is outside of those matchups he's completely outclassed. There's more to a comparison than who can do this particular fight, namor can definitely not do any fight colossus can and let's not pretend he can (i.e buffed up fights). You may value someone who can do hyper specific fights but if the poll is any indicator most people like generalists.
    Also your points lose credibility when you accuse everyone of being fanboys with the way you are acting
    I’d have to have credibility to lose credibility. But again, I’ve said everything I need to. Up to the world to decide.
  • Options
    manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    namor
    I think namor because imperious rex along with a couple of furies does insane damage more than colossus could do.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    colossus
    Arsoz said:

Greekhit said:

I’m not endgame player, but imo Colossus is much better. Namor is only better at prestige.

Namor has damage though
    and colossus doesn't? I would advise you to look at some colossus gameplay. his damage is infinitely easier to achieve in all situations and in difficult content where you can't always play how you want, colossus' damage is still insane
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,209 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    colossus
    Why exactly was Namor nerfed again? Didn't make sense then. Makes even less sense now.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Dont you find it funny how before his nerf, people compared Namor to OR. Now he just has a niche/long rampup and just underperforming vibe to him.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    namor
    Namor is unique Collosus is not.

And I am endgame player.
  • Options
    SlayerKingSlayerKing Posts: 75
    colossus

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

He is probably by far the best havok counter due to his armor break immunity and he has a unique set of immunities in general, with bleed, incinerate, coldsnap and armor break.

Namor's sig ability is ridiculously niche. There's hardly anything he can do that no one else can do. There are some things he can ignore while one needs to play around them with other champs, but he isn't nessecary for anything.

He would be strict bench material, if I ever pulled him. My colossus on the other hand already put in a lot of work in my current act 6 exploration and he's only a 4/55.
    There’s many champs that do what Colossus does, but no champ puts DOT back on the defender...and it’s not niche...anyone that says he is niche doesn’t use him properly. Except a simple limber or stun immune stops colossus massively.
    Yes. Other champs just ignore the dot or bypass it otherwise. It is niche and not nessecary, please provide an example to the contrary.

And colossus does not at all rely on his heavy fury lol. Maybe actually consider trying him out a bunch. And there is literally no champ that provides his set of immunities. He is the only one besides quake or ghost that could handle a biohazard freezeburn combo.

Other champs that would be equally suitable for stuff like freezeburn are substantially weaker than him.
    Human torch is a monster for freezer burn
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    namor
    I have rank 5 Collosus and if for some reason he disappeared from my roster I would not miss him even a second.

But it would be a big problem if I lost Namor.