**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So since we beta tested AQ are we....

rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
Getting our items we spent back? Most the time beta testers are paid or have some other type of thing they get for what they do.

The nodes were changed so we know they were not as they should be. What are your plans for the items?

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    rwhack said:

Getting our items we spent back? Most the time beta testers are paid or have some other type of thing they get for what they do.

This is false. Public Beta testers rarely, if ever, get anything other than some cosmetic in other games.

What you're thinking of is Games Testers, whose actual job is to test the game in three different fields. Functionality, Localisation, and Compliance. Each of those fields have people hire to do that section.

Beta testers are not Games Testers. There is a massive distinction here.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

rwhack said:

This is false. Public Beta testers rarely, if ever, get anything other than some cosmetic in other games.

What you're thinking of is Games Testers, whose actual job is to test the game in three different fields. Functionality, Localisation, and Compliance. Each of those fields have people hire to do that section.

Fine since we were used as game testers....
  • Options
    Mellie_MelMellie_Mel Posts: 74

I don't think I need to say this, but here goes anyway.
    It wasn't a beta test or any sort. No items back.

You clearly didn't do Map 7 this week. They changed 3 of the modifiers within 3 days and removed a pain point fight. Many items were used. MANY! It was 100% a Beta Test and them changing things so quickly confirms it!

Kabam employee 1: Are we good to go live with these AQ updates? The ones we've been working on for months.

Kabam employee 2: I know I was supposed to test them, but I had a tummy ache so I decided not to.

Kabam employee 1: That's ok. Let's just go live and we will see what the player base says. They know better than us any way!

Kabam employee 2: Sounds good! You wanna go get some poutine?

Kabam employee 1: Sure! Give me about an hour. I have to figure out which champ is killing it right now so I can figure out a way to nerf them.

• Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    basically only the F4 mod was really rough, the rest are not any harder then the old mods like brute force and kinetic transference
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    rwhack said:

The nodes were changed so we know they were not as they should be. What are your plans for the items?

I've been a beta tester a few times and have never been compensated for it.
  • Options

rwhack said:

You were compensated in the Beta by having free access to the items. This AQ was live and cost people real, actual items. Not cool to use your player base to test your content. Very unprofessional and irresponsible. If my company operated like this, we would lose all our contracts promptly and never be renewed. WE keep feeding them money so they don't see the err of their ways!
  • Options

rwhack said:

You were compensated in the Beta by having free access to the items. This AQ was live and cost people real, actual items. Not cool to use your player base to test your content. Very unprofessional and irresponsible. If my company operated like this, we would lose all our contracts promptly and never be renewed. WE keep feeding them money so they don't see the err of their ways!
    Well your company doesn't seem to work in the games industry. All companies do not operate on a one to one capacity. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
  • Options
    rwhack said:

ItsDamien said:

rwhack said:

Fine since we were used as game testers....
    How many bug reports did you submit into their database today alone? None.

How many tests did you run through? None.

Did you report to the Functional/Localisation/Compliance Lead Tester? No.

Did you clock in? No.

You weren't used as games testers.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    This was most certainly not beta testing. If you consider changing something after release a beta test, then we'd have a lot of betas. the fact is, kabam can't 100% predict the effects of every change they add to the game. sometimes, they do just want to give us a hard time with new content, which I think this was. they scaled it back because they realized it was too hard, but again, not even close to a beta test. also, no one forced you to run them, so there's no reason to ask for compensation
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

rwhack said:

Well your company doesn't seem to work in the games industry. All companies do not operate on a one to one capacity. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
    So Pepsi decides to come out with a new product, but they don't test it.... this is ok for you? If it is...why is it ok for Pepsi to not test? Their product could make people sick. Since this is just a video game, it's not important? I pay for this game. Maybe you don't. But I do. And many like me do. To not have it properly tested is detrimental to the functionality of the game. It is an unfair consumer practice and it needs to be addressed or we will all lose this game!
  • Options
    edited July 2020

ItsDamien said:

rwhack said:

So Pepsi decides to come out with a new product, but they don't test it.... this is ok for you? If it is...why is it ok for Pepsi to not test? Their product could make people sick. Since this is just a video game, it's not important? I pay for this game. Maybe you don't. But I do. And many like me do. To not have it properly tested is detrimental to the functionality of the game. It is an unfair consumer practice and it needs to be addressed or we will all lose this game!
    But they do test the game. The fact that you're assuming that they did no testing shows that you have absolutely no concept, nor experience, of how a games company works. But I do. I've been working in it for the better part of a decade. Things come out in a broken state. People who spend on AAA games that don't function correctly or have things that are broken at launch, that eventually get fixed, these people are rarely compensated for their purchase. If you can't understand that the industry works different, from a person who's actually worked in it, then I don't know what else to tell you.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★

rwhack said:

One of the dumbest things I've read today. Having access to items in beta isn't compensation. It's part of the beta. I don't get to keep anything from beta testing.

The new modifiers sucked. Did they warn us they'll be hard. Yes they did. This whole thing is more akin to ordering food and the wait staff telling you the plate is really hot and to be careful yet you grab the plate anyway.