**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

100% Squashman Ambush - Canadian Difficulty

LucianoDelHoyaLucianoDelHoya Posts: 1,458 ★★★
It's becoming a joke, i have to just bring a counter for him which eats up 33% of my champion placement. Yeah i havent used any pots but a 100% Ambush in 6 paths joke!

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    Maybe it's because Squashman is your profile pic
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Edit: Love when the forums double post
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    You have HT who eats him. If you can't clear the rest of the 4 fights with 2 champions then you need to improve. Being able to do a piece of content doesn't entitle you to be able to 100% it. If you are not enjoying this piece of content don't do it, you have a choice. If you want the rewards on offer this is the price you have to pay.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    I’m also getting Sasquatch ALL the time. I’ve only managed to do one path so far in the Canadian difficulty. Also as a newish player I don’t have any 5/65s or a 5* HT
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Took me 18 paths to get the 3 fights in week 1, slightly less in week 2, got him all but 1 path in Canadian in week 3.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Yeah the RNG has definitely been ramped up in this week. I wonder if that's going to be the m.o. in other side quests of this nature from now on? I mean it gives me practice with fighting this new champs ala Moleman but it is noticeably different.
    @Bidzy7 so how come I’m Cavalier and I’ve 100% explored all the past weeks.
    TP33 said:

@Bidzy7 so how come I’m Cavalier and I’ve 100% explored all the past weeks.

lol being cavalier isn't an entitlement to being able to do the content. You have 0 5/65 champs, that means you haven't even 100% act 5.

Getting cavalier isn't hard to do just need the right champs.

Last weeks were easier as you had less chance to be ambushed as there was less open tiles.
    The rewards have increased as has the difficulty. Clearly this seems to be the limit of your roster at the moment. So you need to go back and work on it. start on getting some rank 5 champs by doing act 5 100% and the variants.

• WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    I agree with you OP - last 2 weeks you'd get once every 6 paths or so, or even less. I am getting ambushed every 1/2 or 1/3 at the least, and it's not about being able to do it:

It's boring and repetitive, same thing as fighting 100 Moleman's on that event quest that was similar to this one.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I initially struggled with the Sasquatch ambushes, either needing to bring in specific counter or just quitting out and doing a separate path.

As with all things, once you get used to the playstyle and defender abilities, it is not so bad. He can be beaten by many champions, you don't really need a dedicated counter (I guess the only thing that would be necessary would be being able to manage the regen - either outdamage the regen, or heal block/remove the regen). Chances are, the champions you bring to Canadian difficulty can defeat Sasquatch.

Having said that, Sasquatch is not a fun champion to fight against, so I still dread facing him.
    @Bidzy7 i could R5 a 5* right now if I wanted to I’m just waiting on T4CC for Ægon. What’s more is I know I can do this content without the ambushes. I’ve got through all the fights up until the ambushes without any problems but it’s the fact that Sasquatch has 350k health. That is my limit. He quite literally has more health then some of the 6.1 bosses that took me multiple revives. I know that the ambushes are part of the quest and difficulty BUT you might as well just put a 50k Sasquatch on the map if there is a 100% chance at the ambush.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

@Bidzy7 i could R5 a 5* right now if I wanted to I’m just waiting on T4CC for Ægon. What’s more is I know I can do this content without the ambushes. I’ve got through all the fights up until the ambushes without any problems but it’s the fact that Sasquatch has 350k health. That is my limit. He quite literally has more health then some of the 6.1 bosses that took me multiple revives. I know that the ambushes are part of the quest and difficulty BUT you might as well just put a 50k Sasquatch on the map if there is a 100% chance at the ambush.

Cause the paths are easy... too easy in fact.
    TP33 said:

Actually you can't do the content, you can do part of the content. The ambush is part of the content and difficulty. You are lucky in the sense this quest allows you to back out and go back again and potentially avoid the fight. In other side quests where you don't have that option , you will struggle.

Multiple revives to do 6.1 bosses again suggests you aren't ready for this. You will be able to basically do the easy path but 100% completion will be a challenge for your current roster. Asking for it to be made easier for you to do is a case of self entitlement which comes from achieving a title which isn't a true reflection of where this difficulty lies or who it is aimed at. There was no intention for any difficulty to be tied in with Cavalier. This is basically because players have been asking for harder content and the only title they could possibly link it to was Cavalier. Had they had the goal to create a new difficulty with a title they would of more likely of made that title only accessible after beating 6.2.6 Boss.

This fight is doable with a 4* Star Lord, it took me 88 hits to take him down.

You can expect the main monthly EQ to have bosses with similar health and attack values but with nodes. So again that suggests you need to develop your roster.
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    edited July 2020
    ItsDamien said:

With those champs you have, I don't see why you're complaining. It's not like he's a hard fight in any capacity.

Maybe he doesn't like it. I personally I don't, it's just becomes repetitive with no extra rewards.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I got ambushed 10 times out of 12 paths. Not complaining at all. It's nice practice for Doom's full 350k+ sequence.

The fact that this event requires zero energy makes it feel more like a training ground than actual content.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Im not bothered about the fight, i just keep on getting Ambushed everytime it's a Solo... you just have to constantly Bait and intercept when he's in Wrath mode.

Im complaining because ambush 100% for no extra rewards. Why can't Kabam not set a limit of 4-5 random ambushes or just give us extra rewards like Platinumpool Ambushes would be cool.

And as you can see why i bought Gully2099 and Dr doom for AoN and poison paths

I know this doesn't help but you can just imagine there's an extra Sasquatch on every path that isn't an ambush. is that better?
    also, a tip I've found for fighting him is to try to land an intercept or hit him and slow down your combo a lot so it drains time off the thing