**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you think that this AW season matchmaking makes any sense at all?

14567810ยป

Comments

• Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes
    walkerdog said:

For @Dr_Z01dberg @DoubleDelta and anyone else who enjoys war upsets (and yes we have to cut down on deaths!)

A little extra info - they were gold 3 last season, we were g2 - indicates they put a lot of effort in to maintain with a higher PI. They appear to work harder not smarter tho sometimes - saw multiple occassions where they just sent in like Blade or Starky to nodes that they couldn't really win, and only did like 10-20% - had they been prudent I think they would have cleared all of the map (they left a couple minis) with under 100 deaths.

They were burning a TON of revives and heals to get all 3 bosses down - one boss got 33 kills. It shows that a stronger ally cant just brute force weaker allies or p2w with items.

The only other note is that they are a 6x5 ally so maybe they saved some of their attackers for the AQ that then crashed.

Great work! You can only beat who is put In front of you!!
  • Options
    Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175 โ˜…
    edited July 2020
    Yes

Well, as long as people are facing Matches they have no chance of winning (900k vs. 19 Mil, i.e.), I cannot call the system fair. Those are extremes I cannot ignore. Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

You seem unwilling to entertain that for that match up to occur in the current system, that the previous system was likely giving each of them similar rewards. As you associate with the 900k ally in your example, you decree it isn't fair. From what I've seen, you should be able to look past your bias and acknowledge that there were plenty of alliances getting shafted in the previous system. Just because yours wasn't one of them and now you are faced with a swift comeuppance, doesn't make the current system unfair. Brutally honest, perhaps. Unfair, not a chance.

You wanted to dissociate the 2 different systems and say there is no link in the fairness. The brutality of the comeuppance is driven by the unfairness perpetrated in the previous system. You can't dissociate them.
  • Options
    UndeadNoob69UndeadNoob69 Posts: 10 โ˜…
    This matchmaking is nonsense
    walkerdog said:

We (9.5k prestige) are winning against 10.1k prestige. Not the biggest difference but not an autoloss.

Problems arise when ur ally's prestige is 6.7K and ur opponent's 8K or above.
  • Options
    I was enrolled for matchmaking and the time passed us by without a match! Does that really happen? Or is this one of the many glitches? Now the alliance cannot pick up any points for the war and have to wait 2 more days to try to get matched again.
  • Options
    UndeadNoob69UndeadNoob69 Posts: 10 โ˜…
    This matchmaking is nonsense
    LoL, This Thread Clearly shows that most of the Players are just **** Kids.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes

walkerdog said:

We (9.5k prestige) are winning against 10.1k prestige. Not the biggest difference but not an autoloss.

Problems arise when ur ally's prestige is 6.7K and ur opponent's 8K or above.
    Why do they arise in this situation? prestige can just mean they ranked up better champions than you, heck a lot of the best champions have lower prestige.

And that you are apparently one of them.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes

He says while thinking that matchmaking based on war rating (a number given to represent your alliances combined skill and roster compared to all other alliances) is nonsense.
    Also well done, you just brought a controversial old thread back to the front page for literally no reason.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes
    this thread is so stupid
  • Options
    fallenp0etfallenp0et Posts: 62 โ˜…

this thread is so stupid

Just like you
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes

this thread is so stupid

Just like you
    Took you 2 weeks to think of that? Impressive... and well done reviving a dead, controversial thread.