**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guys WTF??

HI_guysHI_guys Posts: 4,897 ★★★★★
Okay for a bit if background ...
The quest is Variant 3. Polar opposites. Chapter 2, quest 2.

There is a ridiculously hard quest to the right extreme. 200% power gain spite path with DS at the beginning. (Arguably the hardest except maybe Mephisto).

Reading the nodes itself is a nightmare. He's going to reach an sp3 in seconds and is a bit stingy . A ' but stingy ' is dangerous with the ridiculous powergain. I tried many options. Magik( it's difficult to reach an sp2 before he reaches an sp3 . Possible , but her damge output (r4) is low and although you can win, one slipup is enough).
Starky (risky but decent. Again, one sp3 and you're dead)
Luke cage (RNG dependend and cannot tank sp3.)

So I gave up and did all other paths.

LO AND BEHOLD!! I pull ghost. Ok , I tell myself , I have hood and wasp so this should be a breeze right? Wrong.

Problem 1: Ghosting is an art. And I was no artist.

Problem 2: he would get an sp3, wait for me to dash back, wait 2 seconds and then throw sp3 , which obviously killed me.

Eventually I got the hang of it and did the path. But not before going throw the path a 100 times to atleast get down 2 opponents itemless.

Then later I got a 6* DOC OCK. From the guides at YouTube, he's supposed to work pretty well. So today I took the path since u had nothing else to do. (Mind you he's not even max level).

I went in, he got a l1 before the power lock triggered. And then it was over . I just did heavies in the corner and won.

Like WHAT!!??? I was crying and laughing at the same time. So much effort I took and BOOM. This one guy is worth all that effort.

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    You can just use the highly underrated nowadays Gwenpool, and enjoy eating one sp3 after another from DS 👍
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Exactly the reason why I love doc ock. He has been solving all kinds of Hyperions for me even with disadvantage.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    I used Ghost+Hood, piece of cake~ :D
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Invulnerability or sp3 reduction boosts also works
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I just slapped together a team revolving around Sparky and just stun-locked my way to the W
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I used Quake and Ghost and Hood for this path.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    I soloe's this entire path with my 4* rank 4 Doctor Octopus.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★

do you have Doc Oc?

did you read the post?
    LOL yes ... I was just teasing so he'd hopefully revisit using him because really he's who I used and he worked perfectly.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    I ranked up my Doc Ock this weekend exactly for that path. Works like a charm!
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

@Sarvanga1_ read this

Read already sir
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Wow, how did I not notice this thread earlier, lol
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    That point you realise that there's a similar path to this in variant 2...