**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Rank down tickets should return based on new AW Diversity.

Through my whole time playing this game I've always suggested which champs to rank based on the old AW. This new diversity rules have changed the way we look at who to rank for Defense now. It's no longer certain champs anymore, now we need to gameplan who to use our T4cc on. I'm not in one of those Alliances who have T4cc in their stash and can use them at will. But we do have certain 4*s at R5 based on the old system. Now that the majority of us cannot place the same defenders, they now become useless... I'd like to know if rank down tickets are in the near future so we can readjust our defense to go with this new system of Diversity Points and Defender Ratings.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    So how would you suggest to give RDT'w?
    How many of them and for what champions exactly?

Is impossible to determine an answer. No champ was affected, and not all alliances place the same defender in the same node
  • Not to mention grinding arena for them
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I absolutely agree. The whole meta of who to rank up was substantially altered. We need some way of adjusting.
    The option of 5 rank down tickets would suffice. Since that's the amount of defenders each member can place. Whether it be 4*/5* depends on you. There is no reason to have 5 R5 NC's on defense if they don't count for points which is what we went for. Same with Magik, Dorm, CWBP, AV, etc. We ranked based on defensive abilities, not by how many are in the Alliance.

Generic RDT's is not an answer. There will be no more generic, only specific ones.
    Again, some alliances place luke cages in node X. Other alliances place Mordo, Magik's, Cyclops, Spider-Gwens, Colossus, NC, Dormammu's, Iceman's, Red Hulk, AV, Wolverine, and basically every champion in the game.

So it's impossible to determine which Ticket's are needed, because NO champions were affected.
  • Who in their right mind would place Luke Cage, Spider Gwen, Colossus, Red Hulk, or Wolverine on Defense? I'm not sure what Tier AW you're in but those, from your example, would never be an option for Defense.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Please no rank down tickets
  • @Apache You can't just post that and not expain as to why?
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Diversity is not a valid argument for rank down tickets, placing diverse defenders is a choice and does not force a change in your defence team. Also now that defender kills are not calculated it doesn't matter what rank defender you place are if you are going for diversity so ranking down defence champs to rank up others is still not a valid argument. The diversity points did not change the use of your champions in any way you can still place them on defence for the same reasons you used to place them, because they are good defenders.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Who in their right mind would place Luke Cage, Spider Gwen, Colossus, Red Hulk, or Wolverine on Defense? I'm not sure what Tier AW you're in but those, from your example, would never be an option for Defense.

Top tier 1 wars. Both teams usually 100% so diversity decides the winner.
  • I've seen where diversity and defender ratings together made the difference in the outcome of an AW match. Both Alliances in Tier 4 and up usually 100% so they do make a huge impact. Placing R4 defenders compared to the R5's we already had make or break an alliance.
    Who in their right mind would place Luke Cage, Spider Gwen, Colossus, Red Hulk, or Wolverine on Defense? I'm not sure what Tier AW you're in but those, from your example, would never be an option for Defense.

I did that on purpose, but it seems you didn't understand ...
    Top players known what champion to place on defense.
    So how about low tier alliances? They place anything, and rank up champs because they think are good there.

So, EVERY champion is placed on defense. EVERY one.
    So it's impossible to determine what RDT's can be given.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    Totally agree. It does change the aspect of the game. Give me a minute to find where @Kabam Miike said, to paraphrase, "rank down tickets won't be available again, only if developers massively change specific champs (nerfs) or completely change certain aspects of the game (12.0 rating system)).

This topic is the kiss of death in these forums. But A LOT of people maxed certain champs specifically in no other way than for AWD. I have 5-r4 Spidey and decided 4-R5 Spidey both needed maxed out for AWD. Not to mention other guys who R5d BPCW and others like him.

How to quantify amount of alotted tickets? Idk. We say 5, Kabam says 1, we'll take 3
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    The new diversity aspect in AW fundamentally devalues a lot of defensive champs since alliances are punished for using these better defenders. My BG alone has two rank 4 five star Juggys. Another BG has two rank 4 five star Spideys and our BG has one of those as well. We also have multiple rank 4 five star Magiks. We are not alone in having ranked up these near-god tier defenders either, judging from our tier 1 opponents.

Because diversity drastically changes the dynamics of AW by heavily devaluing the better defenders that serious and smart players have been ranking up, Kabam needs to reconsider diversity. Either that or provide limited rank down tickets because let's not pretend that people didn't rank up champs because of AW defense and now they are punished for that previously wise decision.

Providing 1 generic five star, 2-3 generic four star, and 3-4 generic three star rank down tickets would probably suffice.
    The thing with generic RDT's is that it doesn't give any guarantee that people will use them on defensive champs and not bad choises that they made in the past.
    That's why generic RDT's will not be back.
  • There wasn't a guarantee that people would rank down DS, SW, Thor or BW but they gave them out anyways. This isn't for just 1 or 2 champs, this is for an entire defense which is 5 minimum.
  • Deez_Nutz_131Deez_Nutz_131 Posts: 16
    edited September 2017
    If they give only 5 Generic Rank Downs, that could be used on any star, there is absolutely nothing anyone can say afterwards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    They're not giving RDTs for changes to content. They're for changes to the Champs themselves. Major changes, not just improvements. Nerfs, basically. They've explained their stance many times and it's not likely to change if we keep posting about it.
  • cmuga0q1bjl7.png

"Choose the correct Champions to rank up for your purposes is an important part of the game, so choose wisely!"

Our purpose was based on the old AW, that is what we based our rank ups on. We had chosen wisely with how things were, it's not like we messed up for having many defender kills on our defense. And I'm positive most Alliances based their recruits on their defense also, not just their prestige. This is a major change to how we look at war and how we prepare for it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Who you Rank and what you use them for is up to you. To suggest that Tickets are warranted is to suggest the Champs do not perform the same. It's the Players who consider Ranking to be wasted. Not the design team. The point of the game is progression. How we play is up to us. If we want to Rank nothing but the most popular Champs, that is up to us. If we want to Rank for War alone, that's up to us as well. That doesn't mean the Champs themselves are useless. That's an opinion based on what we choose to use them for. The Champs themselves still function the same way they did when we Ranked them. The game is designed around working for, or purchasing, Resources. Not swapping out the best Roster. No one would bother with Resources at all if that was the case, and that's the entire purpose of the content. To earn Resources.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    cmuga0q1bjl7.png

"Choose the correct Champions to rank up for your purposes is an important part of the game, so choose wisely!"

Our purpose was based on the old AW, that is what we based our rank ups on. We had chosen wisely with how things were, it's not like we messed up for having many defender kills on our defense. And I'm positive most Alliances based their recruits on their defense also, not just their prestige. This is a major change to how we look at war and how we prepare for it.

Well he did say only for when a character is adjusted to no longer perform the way they should. Changes to AW in no way changed the way champions perform, all their abilities are the same and they still have the uses they were designed for. Its not like 12.0 where the changes in someway directly effected every champion in the game. There is no argument for generic rank downs at best people should ask for champion specific rdts but that still leads to problems with what champion rdts should be issued and it would leave kabam open to endless spam with people arguing certain champions were effected but weren't issued rdts for.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Who you Rank and what you use them for is up to you. To suggest that Tickets are warranted is to suggest the Champs do not perform the same. It's the Players who consider Ranking to be wasted. Not the design team. The point of the game is progression. How we play is up to us. If we want to Rank nothing but the most popular Champs, that is up to us. If we want to Rank for War alone, that's up to us as well. That doesn't mean the Champs themselves are useless. That's an opinion based on what we choose to use them for. The Champs themselves still function the same way they did when we Ranked them. The game is designed around working for, or purchasing, Resources. Not swapping out the best Roster. No one would bother with Resources at all if that was the case, and that's the entire purpose of the content. To earn Resources.

I try to agree with you a lot now, but here... many have done r4 Ant Man just for Thorns alone... with that removal of the alliance war, ant man isn't usefull for anything now....

They surely could do with a 5* science rank down ticket at least?

I don't have a r4 Ant Man myself, just saying that there are obvious ones that have been hit with these changes.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

I try to agree with you a lot now, but here... many have done r4 Ant Man just for Thorns alone... with that removal of the alliance war, ant man isn't usefull for anything now....

They surely could do with a 5* science rank down ticket at least?

I don't have a r4 Ant Man myself, just saying that there are obvious ones that have been hit with these changes.

Not saying that those people aren't impacted by the new AW but if they chose to take a champ up purely for one node on defence, that's not exactly a good decision imo if you're referring to 5*s. If you're referring to 4*s at rank 4 then there's not much harm done. Tier 4 basics are relatively easy to obtain even if you're not competitive in AQ. No need to rank them down if that's the case. If you're referring to a 4/55 5* antman for thorns only, then that's a mistake on the player's part. 4/55 5* is currently the most powerful level a champ can be at. So it doesn't make any sense to me to rank up a champ that's completely useless to you other than one node on defence. I don't think rank down tickets should be issued as a result of that.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    If you're about to get rank down tickets, don't smile cause you're about to be screwed.

Rank down tickets = another kick to the nuts

Don't ask for them, don't wish for them. Pretend they don't even exist.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Waitin for the post where people try to claim that due to eq changing they want rank down tickets
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Honestly sick of people asking for rank down tickets....

They don't get it.

Rank down tickets = nerf

Don't know why they can't understand it.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    edited September 2017
    I agree with OP. Some Summoners have ranked up champions, even all the way up to 4/55 just for defense. In an alliance that heavily depends on Mystic champions and MD for defense, the idea of diversity is almost a killing blow because across all ten summoners' defense champions, you'll see Juggs, Mordo, Magik, Dormammu, Hood etc, several repetition of mystic champs because of MD as well as their defensive usefulness. Not only mystics, even other classes like Mutants and Skill. This wouldn't be a problem of defensive kills still counted, but that has been removed entirely, which means that aside from other tiny defense points earned from something like defense rating, as far as defense goes, diversity is all that counts. While not entirely useless in defense, I personally don't see why anyone would even put the likes of Civil War Black Panther in defense because defensive kills don't even count for points anymore.

So yeah I'd think Rank Down Tickets would/should be the way to go, and even if they're not generic, maybe one of every class or maybe 5 crystals that can award class rank down tickets as it is 5 defensive champs and one or two generic 5* rank down tickets for those that have champs all the way up to 4/55 just for defense.

That's just my idea anyway. I personally don't have anything against defense diversity, at least maybe because of it I don't have to fight 4 NC's in one lane or even 5 Dorms. I suppose it does solve that one nasty problem.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    We know what we're walking into bring RDTs up. It's been the boy who cried wolf about bad rank up choices. But I honestly don't see the argument against it with this issue. Guys who've ranked up Antman, BPCW, Juggs etc specifically for AWD are hurting the alliance if another member has the same picks for defense. You're technically "losing out" on points putting more than 1.

If there's another solution besides RTDs I'd like to hear it