**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to motivate myself to keep playing after such bad luck?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I just explored variant 3, my rewards:
- 5 star Groot
- My 3rd Science AG with no one to use it on
- A Science 4-5 Gem wirh no one to use it on

My 2nd best science champion after Cap IW (who is already r5) is Yellowjacket. I also have Rhino, Sentry, and Hulk (OG)

It’s my 3rd science AG in a row and it’s just so unmotivating to always get bad pulls.

Comments

• Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

You'll get Void, Human Torch, Thing, or whoever, in due course.

Just gotta get back on the horse and keep going, knowing that you've got the materials for when you need/want them.

I'm sitting on two Skill AGs and a 4-5 gem in the hopes that I'll one day pull Aegon, Fury, or Blade. Waiting...

I’m gonna go all out on the mystic science dual class crystals
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Brooding over pulls and rng and luck is just the worst things you can do in a rng based game.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★
    I just my initial clear of Abyss.
    6* Falcon.
    6* Karnak
    Skill AG. No one to use it on.
    Mutant T5CC. No one to use it on.

We complete content knowing what's at stake. Just gotta love with it and move on.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

6* Falcon.
    6* Karnak

We complete content knowing what's at stake. Just gotta love with it and move on.

A6 Exploration - 6* Cosmic AG + Tech T5CC
    Abyss Completion - 6* Cosmic AG + Cosmic T5CC

I have duped Black Bolt, Proxima, Captain Marvel (OG) and King Groot as my 6* Cosmics. Lol
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

6* Falcon.
    6* Karnak

I have duped Black Bolt, Proxima, Captain Marvel (OG) and King Groot as my 6* Cosmics. Lol
    I should have just done a featured 6* and saved double disappointment lol
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

I just explored variant 3, my rewards:
    - 5 star Groot
    - My 3rd Science AG with no one to use it on
    - A Science 4-5 Gem wirh no one to use it on

My 2nd best science champion after Cap IW (who is already r5) is Yellowjacket. I also have Rhino, Sentry, and Hulk (OG)

It’s my 3rd science AG in a row and it’s just so unmotivating to always get bad pulls.

One with there seeming to be 1-2 Champion Buffs Every Month now I'd focus on the fact that Eventually one of your Science Champions will get Buffed and now you have the option to Rank and Awaken them Immediately (also Groot is almost Guaranteed to get a Buff as he's one of the Biggest Meme Tier Champions), and Two with the Duel Class 5 Star Basic Crystals coming soon you can Increase the Odds of getting a good 5 Star Science (or any other Class of choice) Dramatically.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Also Always Expect to get something Useless, that way either you didn't have your hopes up when it's bad or you're Extra Excited when it's good... 😂
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Simple. Accept bad luck as part of the game and move on. The game create “bad” time for players such that they are thrilled when getting good pull. These intentional up-and-down is actually the real motivation for players to continue the game. If everything is so easy to obtain, no one treasure and start to feel boring easily. That’s human behaviour.
  • Options
    M00SEMANM00SEMAN Posts: 40
    I pulled two consecutive 6 star groots and I used 15k units going for Guardian and my top pull from all those crystals was a 6 star Joe Fixit and a 5 star domino. You have to take the good with the bad. I have tons of stuff waiting to be used gems awakening crystals... believe me it’s better to have those things sitting around because once you do land the right champs it’s effortless to take them up.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    xNig said:

6* Falcon.
    6* Karnak

R3 king groot for map7 lol
  • Options
    unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    i have opened 16 5* crystals and the only 2 good ones are invisible woman and VTD i dont even care about opening now
  • Options
    dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Life is like a ripple in a calm sea.There are many ups and downs alternating with each other. After every down ,what comes next is the phase of happiness. So sit tight, focus and who knows what you are going to get next😉.
  • Options
    TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★
    Target the 5 star featured crystal and get yourself a Red Guardian or Wasp
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    My 5 mystic gems say talk to the hand.

There are tons of good science champs, they have just yet to come. And groot is a true god!
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    The dual class crystal comes soon. Open science/mystic and hope for a good science champ
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Just get over it, I guess. It happens to everyone.

I explored Variant 2 and got:
    20 sigs on 5* Iron Fist
    2nd mystic rank 4 gem (2015/2016)
    3rd mystic rank 5 gem (Variant 3 and 4 also gave me mystic rank 5s)

I already had Doom and Claire at 5/65 at the time. The only mystics left unranked in my roster were mostly arena fodder champs. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Rule number 1) DO NOT RUSH.

For example, when the rewards is a 5* crystal and 5* AG crystal, you need to analyze if it's worth your time to get them.

You also need to consider the possibility getting a bad champ from that crystal.
    So it means if you're rushing to do it (meaning do it with units and wallet), and get a bad champ, you will get disappointed.

What I did was take my time. I farmed potions and revives, and then I did Variant.

When I didn't have good counter, I just stopped and wait until I got good counter from the 5* shards I got from other sources.
    As a s result, I now have 100% V2 until V4. Just 100% V2 yesterday.

For V1, I'll need to do some farming.
    Plus, since it's the first Variant, I believe it's like a rough sketch where KABAM put the hardest node combo with the worse possible champs with the least counters available.

99% of the time, the first project is always the crude one no matter where you live.

So, yeah. I'll just take my time. Now I'm a super happy person.
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    I had a bad run of luck, and when my fortunes changed for the better I couldn’t keep up lol. Now I’m in gold and ISO poverty....and if I HAD the gold and ISO I’d soon run out of catalysts.

I don’t know what’s worse. Having the champions and knowing it’s going to be a while before you can rank 4 or 5 them...or having the resources and waiting for someone worthy to use them on.
  • Options
    ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    I feel you man, I haven't got anything good in months on my main account except a Medusa that I was lucky to get from a Grandmaster, but I don't have Catalysts for her neither a important use right now and also not even a AG for her. My last pulls were both versions of Cyclops, Iron Patriot, Rhino, Kingpin and don't get me started on 6*. I am playing less and less because of this.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    I think the truth is that alot of us are playing less and less...bad rng drops are only part of what takes your interest in playing away. All the bugs, terrible war matchs, lack of alliance member interest and participation. Ridiculously long delays in recieving what you have won...
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Congrats!

Not funny
    it kinda was. So, congrats!

Also, did you just say Yellowjacket was better than OG Hulk? Huh?