**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thing is now immune to poison?

So I've been fighting Thing in the boss rush and he's somehow immune to poison? Nowhere in his description does it say he's immune to poison and I remember taking poison damage as Thing in Variant 2. Is it due to a node or is this a bug? http://imgur.com/gallery/M9U7SRJ

Comments

• Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Merciless said:

So I've been fighting Thing in the boss rush and he's somehow immune to poison? Nowhere in his description does it say he's immune to poison and I remember taking poison damage as Thing in Variant 2. Is it due to a node or is this a bug? http://imgur.com/gallery/M9U7SRJ

that's not poison he's immune to that's Dr Voodoos spirit venom
  • MercilessMerciless Posts: 26
    These are the nodes http://imgur.com/gallery/VKDOrWD
    Lvernon15 said:

He’s immune to nullify, voodoo has to nullify to access his poisons

So you cannot nullify his buffs to convert them into poison? Then how the hell do you beat Thing in less than 200 hits because i have no other counter than voodoo!

Merciless said:

Where does it say Thing is immune to spirit venom?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    I thought that he did become poison immune because I was fighting abomination and got no poisons
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Merciless said:

Lvernon15 said:

He’s immune to nullify, voodoo has to nullify to access his poisons

So you cannot nullify his buffs to convert them into poison? Then how the hell do you beat Thing in less than 200 hits because i have no other counter than voodoo!
    You don't need a Nullify counter. Just about any champ works. I used CAIW.
    That's my sad roster, I've completed act 5, Variant 2(near beating 3), rttl and rol http://imgur.com/gallery/Zb4TlZq
    Also the website crashes when i try to share an image file like a screenshot so i use imgur:/
    Crcrcrc said:

I thought that he did become poison immune because I was fighting abomination and got no poisons

Why the hell would he not directly get poisoned against abomination when it says nowhere in his description he's immune to poison?
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    thing is not the worst fight tbh its pretty straight forward you can do it with many champs
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Thing is immune to nullify abilities. Is on his abilities, read them.
    Voodoo doesn't "convert" buffs in poisons. Voodoo nullifies buffs, and applies a poison debuff for each buff nullified.

If he can't nullify, he won't apply any poison. Why are you expecting to apply a poison if you can clearly see that you haven't nullified any buff from Thing?
    Crcrcrc said:

I fought abomination and got poison debuff thing is NOT poison or venom immune! http://imgur.com/gallery/39vWJnq

Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Voodoo doesn't "convert" buffs in poisons. Voodoo nullifies buffs, and applies a poison debuff for each buff nullified.

If he can't nullify, he won't apply any poison. Why are you expecting to apply a poison if you can clearly see that you haven't nullified any buff from Thing?
    Yes I did understand that now and I'm not excepting from voodoo to poison him but some summoner said he didn't get poison from abomination? Is it correct that Thing is not poison or venom immune?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Yes I did understand that now and I'm not excepting from voodoo to poison him but some summoner said he didn't get poison from abomination? Is it correct that Thing is not poison or venom immune?
    Thing is not poison immune. While fightning Abomination, the chance of getting poisoned is not 100% via his abilities.
    Additionally, Abomination needs to be dup, in order to apply poison debuff via contact attacks
    Haji_Saab said:

Your Sentinel should be fine against him. He is not immune to incinerate. That should melt him

I'll try sentinel but thing against thing seemed to work for me. I'm having trouble against havok and I won't rank up my 4 star cyclops to beat him. Same with nick fury i have not one good mutant!

Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Thing is not poison immune. While fightning Abomination, the chance of getting poisoned is not 100% via his abilities.
    Additionally, Abomination needs to be dup, in order to apply poison debuff via contact attacks
    Ok I get it now thanks

Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Ok I get it now thanks
    Haji_Saab said:

Your Sentinel should be fine against him. He is not immune to incinerate. That should melt him

My 4/55 Sentinel takes 4% of Thing's health with his incinerates so the quickest fight against thing is with my rank 5 Thing which takes 100 something hits!
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Merciless said:

Ok I get it now thanks
    Haji_Saab said:

My 4/55 Sentinel takes 4% of Thing's health with his incinerates so the quickest fight against thing is with my rank 5 Thing which takes 100 something hits!
    Thing has a lot of resistance, so usually can't fast kill him but it's a straightforward fight, don't get cornered, bait his specials with 15 rock stacks and u will do fine
    Haji_Saab said:

Merciless said:

Haji_Saab said:

I'll try sentinel but thing against thing seemed to work for me. I'm having trouble against havok and I won't rank up my 4 star cyclops to beat him. Same with nick fury i have not one good mutant!
    You have Omega Red! Since Nick Fury inflicts bleed when you hit block, even unduped Omega Red will be great.

For Havok, you have two options - take Warlock and rely on re-parry and intercepts ... or take Champion (any star level) with your Thing .. get those indestrutible furies and smack him down ... this might need some revives.
    I only have omega red as 4 star rank 2 and he won't help me after i rank him up! I did beat havok with Warlock and finished the boss rush it was just hard because i had not mamy good counters! Thx for the tips btw