**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The August EQ, what do the rewards REALLY mean?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
So the August EQ rewards were just released, but what do they really mean? It was pretty vague and it didn’t go into much detail about how the event actually worked and what the total rewards would be, however Maths always finds a way. (Disclaimers: I wont be covering the Normal rewards bc there’s just not enough people who care and I also wont be calculating the ISO amounts, nobody does the EQ for the ISO alone but be sure that it’s A LOT.)

How did I work it out?

I took the number of days the event runs for, 33 and created this calendar splitting it up

Days marked 1 represent the days on which the rewards are Shard focused, days marked 2 are catalyst days and 3 are the days we get both.

There are: 15 shard days, 14 catalyst days, 4 Days of both.

You can enter 1 quest a day of 1 difficulty ONLY. That’s very important.

Heroic
In total (if it’s done once a day):
3* hero shards: 18750, 10 crystals
3* signature stones (generic): 59
3* signature stones (crystals): 8
4* hero shards: 5050
Gold: 330,000 (A TON)
T2 Basics: 14
T3CC fragments: 14 lots of 750 (rotating classes)

Overview: some spice for newer players, 2 and a half 4*s will definitely advance progression for a few people. Also the gold, that’s insane.

Master
In total (if done once a day):
4* hero shards: 17600
4* signature stones (crystals): 68 (so close 😉)
5* hero shards: 6120
Gold: 495,000
T4CC fragment crystals: 128
T4B fragments: 91,000 (nearly 3 full catalysts)
T1A fragments: 22400

Overview: pretty decent. The 5* shards may look low but remember, you can mix and match these quests to receive DOUBLE the shard rewards. Also it works the other way. Gold is still mentally high, loving it.

Epic
6* hero shards: 1224
5* hero shards: 13430
5* signature stones (crystals): 34
Gold: 990,000 (WTH this is AWESOME)
T4 basic fragments: 123520
T2A fragments: 41600
T5B fragments: 10400
T4CC fragment crystals: 64 (Less than master? Has there been a typo?)

Overview: here’s where the trade off really shows itself. The rewards on both sides are slightly lower than expected BUT you could double either, it’s a tough choice though and it varies for all rosters. Personally I’m going to go all shards until I get to my next 6* then all catalyst for the rest of the month but really it’s up to you. The gold is great as ever, I think this is the most gold I’ve ever seen given out through a side EQ. Also @Kabam Miike has there been a typo with the T4CC fragments, is less than master for epic, doesn’t make sense.

HERALD

The main event, the new difficulty! Hopefully the rewards live up to the hype.

In total (if done every day):
6* hero shards: 6120
5* hero shards: 18700
5* signature stones (generic): 34
Gold: 1,650,000
T5B fragments: 25600
5* signature stones (crystals): 32

Overview: HOLY **** THATS AWESOME. Also remember all rewards can be doubled, now that’s a lot of stuff. You could get up to 12k 6* shards and around 37k 5* shards! Also the GOLD. 1.6mil is a ridiculous amount.

Whole event, my thoughts

It’s basically barons war meets the Man-Thing nexus event from 2019. Very cool. It offers more flexibility over the rewards you gain, albeit at a price. In total, even if you double them, the rewards for Epic (especially the 5* shards) don’t reach those of barons war. HOWEVER the gold is insane. It doesn’t matter which order you do them or on which days the gold is constant, and it’s constantly AWESOME. Another set-back the event has is the fact that you can only enter the quest once, meaning you can’t do both Epic and Herald, it’s one or the other. Not great imo. Anyways it looks like a fun and engaging event, let’s hope it’s not stupidly difficult *cough MODOK islands cough*

Comments

• HolyLegoStepHolyLegoStep Posts: 145
    Idk
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

So the August EQ rewards were just released, but what do they really mean? It was pretty vague and it didn’t go into much detail about how the event actually worked and what the total rewards would be, however Maths always finds a way. (Disclaimers: I wont be covering the Normal rewards bc there’s just not enough people who care and I also wont be calculating the ISO amounts, nobody does the EQ for the ISO alone but be sure that it’s A LOT.)

How did I work it out?

I took the number of days the event runs for, 33 and created this calendar splitting it up

Days marked 1 represent the days on which the rewards are Shard focused, days marked 2 are catalyst days and 3 are the days we get both.

There are: 15 shard days, 14 catalyst days, 4 Days of both.

You can enter 1 quest a day of 1 difficulty ONLY. That’s very important.

Heroic
    In total (if it’s done once a day):
    3* hero shards: 18750, 10 crystals
    3* signature stones (generic): 59
    3* signature stones (crystals): 8
    4* hero shards: 5050
    Gold: 330,000 (A TON)
    T2 Basics: 14
    T3CC fragments: 14 lots of 750 (rotating classes)

Overview: some spice for newer players, 2 and a half 4*s will definitely advance progression for a few people. Also the gold, that’s insane.

Master
    4* hero shards: 17600
    4* signature stones (crystals): 68 (so close 😉)
    5* hero shards: 6120
    Gold: 495,000
    T4CC fragment crystals: 128
    T4B fragments: 91,000 (nearly 3 full catalysts)
    T1A fragments: 22400

Overview: pretty decent. The 5* shards may look low but remember, you can mix and match these quests to receive DOUBLE the shard rewards. Also it works the other way. Gold is still mentally high, loving it.

Epic
    6* hero shards: 1224
    5* hero shards: 13430
    5* signature stones (crystals): 34
    Gold: 990,000 (WTH this is AWESOME)
    T4 basic fragments: 123520
    T5B fragments: 10400
    T4CC fragment crystals: 64 (Less than master? Has there been a typo?)

Overview: here’s where the trade off really shows itself. The rewards on both sides are slightly lower than expected BUT you could double either, it’s a tough choice though and it varies for all rosters. Personally I’m going to go all shards until I get to my next 6* then all catalyst for the rest of the month but really it’s up to you. The gold is great as ever, I think this is the most gold I’ve ever seen given out through a side EQ. Also @Kabam Miike has there been a typo with the T4CC fragments, is less than master for epic, doesn’t make sense.

HERALD

The main event, the new difficulty! Hopefully the rewards live up to the hype.

In total (if done every day):
    6* hero shards: 6120
    5* hero shards: 18700
    5* signature stones (generic): 34
    Gold: 1,650,000
    T5B fragments: 25600
    5* signature stones (crystals): 32

Overview: HOLY **** THATS AWESOME. Also remember all rewards can be doubled, now that’s a lot of stuff. You could get up to 12k 6* shards and around 37k 5* shards! Also the GOLD. 1.6mil is a ridiculous amount.

Whole event, my thoughts

It’s basically barons war meets the Man-Thing nexus event from 2019. Very cool. It offers more flexibility over the rewards you gain, albeit at a price. In total, even if you double them, the rewards for Epic (especially the 5* shards) don’t reach those of barons war. HOWEVER the gold is insane. It doesn’t matter which order you do them or on which days the gold is constant, and it’s constantly AWESOME. Another set-back the event has is the fact that you can only enter the quest once, meaning you can’t do both Epic and Herald, it’s one or the other. Not great imo. Anyways it looks like a fun and engaging event, let’s hope it’s not stupidly difficult *cough MODOK islands cough*

The only thing you didn't account for is people saving all their favours and going in on a single day. Since you can do as many runs as you want as long as you have favours. You can enter the quest on any difficulty once per favour, not once per day.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Also, don't know why you went from August 5th until September 6th when the quest ends September 2nd. You can only enter 28 times.