**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Variant 1 Chapter 3 Revisit

JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Is this the hardest Variant? At least Chapter 3? Everything other chapter seemed reasonable and i felt it DID NOT require UNITMAN, not saying they were a walk in the park but the difficulty felt reasonable...Chapter 3 of V1 feels very different and upscaled in Difficulty. It has an overwhelming amount of paths, block penetration makes it hard to even want to parry, and some of the nodes like spite along with the global node itself(Pilfer) make it nightmare. If I gain a buff, it possibly gets pilfered into power gain...but if it doesn't pilfer.. the spite node adds power gain. I've done all of the other Variants and some of them were tougher than others but again...this Particular Chapter in Variant 1 just feels off and harder than it SHOULD be. I ask team Kabam to just revisit the event and re-evaluate the difficulty of this event and make adjustments where needed. Please and Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Hendross said:

Variant 1 is indisputably the hardest variant. However, it's aging well. Since the chapters are class gated, the difficulty will vary by roster. For me, the Thing (r5) synergy team (+Heimdal+Angela+Hela+Champion) did 90% of chapter 3, including the poison paths with a few revives. A couple paths e.g. 3.3 have Electro, 2 Korgs, I used Quake.

I just need a 5* thing lol thanx for the help
  • Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    I’m exploring it at the moment and it’s definitely a lot easier than I expected it remembered from my completion run a year ago.
    Basically Quake and Void just massacre everything.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Back when it was new there were very few counters, now there are tons, shock immunity wasn’t a thing when it came out (true immunity, not Corvus) for cosmic and science which made the emp ultron a nightmare, there are so many more options for it now, but it’s still the toughest variant
  • Options
    Vedant_MehtaVedant_Mehta Posts: 95
    I just explored variant 1. I liked it a lot. Quaked through most hard fights like aspect of war hulk, buffet korg and I even one shotted the final emp mod Ultron with quake. If you know how to quake and shake then chapter 3 is also easy
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah in my completion run I did about 99% of fights with quake
  • Options

I just explored variant 1. I liked it a lot. Quaked through most hard fights like aspect of war hulk, buffet korg and I even one shotted the final emp mod Ultron with quake. If you know how to quake and shake then chapter 3 is also easy

I have a 4* Quake but insightful...thanx
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Hendross said:

Variant 1 is indisputably the hardest variant. However, it's aging well. Since the chapters are class gated, the difficulty will vary by roster. For me, the Thing (r5) synergy team (+Heimdal+Angela+Hela+Champion) did 90% of chapter 3, including the poison paths with a few revives. A couple paths e.g. 3.3 have Electro, 2 Korgs, I used Quake.

I explored the other week and used that team for literally every path.