**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

So the summer pain isn’t coming in summer

SneakykoSneakyko Posts: 176 ★★
Curious will the name be changed to autumn of pain ?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Sneakyko said:

Huh in Ireland summer begins 1st of May and ends 1st of August didn’t realize it was different elsewhere guess you learn something new everyday

I’m pretty sure “summer” ,what we’re referring too,
    Doesn’t follow national boundaries, laws or government decrees

Summer is marked a position in the earths orbit where the hemisphere in reference is closest to the sun

Sometimes cultures and traditions change this maybe there is a significant in Ireland as too why or it could just be simple convenience or maybe no reason at all
    If they’re going for some worldwide thing it can’t be summer for everyone, I’d assume they’re basing it on the dates where they are, which is until September 23
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Sneakyko said:

Huh in Ireland summer begins 1st of May and ends 1st of August didn’t realize it was different elsewhere guess you learn something new everyday

I’m pretty sure “summer” ,what we’re referring too,
    Doesn’t follow national boundaries, laws or government decrees

Summer is marked a position in the earths orbit where the hemisphere in reference is closest to the sun

Sometimes cultures and traditions change this maybe there is a significant in Ireland as too why or it could just be simple convenience or maybe no reason at all
    If they’re going for some worldwide thing it can’t be summer for everyone, I’d assume they’re basing it on the dates where they are, which is until September 23
    Yeah, for instance in Australia it's Winter right now, and September 23 would be Spring.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Sneakyko said:

Ireland.com says it goes from June - August 🤔
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Sneakyko said:

Ireland only has 3 seasons. Spring doesn't exist anymore. Its just Winter Summer Autumn/Fall. 😂
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Snizzbar said:

Sneakyko said:

Ireland only has 3 seasons. Spring doesn't exist anymore. Its just Winter Summer Autumn/Fall. 😂
    Has Connor been going round the locals punching old people again?
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    it was never gunna be in Summer for everyone anyway....
    its gunna be closer to summer for me the longer its delayed....
    bring it out in December i say. that way it will be the Summer for me.

and who are we to know what season it is in the battlerealm? maybe its summer of pain cus it will be summer in the Battle Realm at that time....
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    How do people in Australia spend Christmas and New Years? I’ve always wondered

Personally I find it weird thinking it’s during the summer

But then I remember in from Florida and the lowest it gets in my area is around 15*c
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

How do people in Australia spend Christmas and New Years? I’ve always wondered

Personally I find it weird thinking it’s during the summer

But then I remember in from Florida and the lowest it gets in my area is around 15*c

We have a summer Christmas. Swimming, outdoor sports, barbecues, bare feet, cold beers, daylight until 10pm. It's awesome. And some of us celebrate a mid-winter Christmas in July too
  • Lot of different conventions obviously.

School Summer Break.
    Memorial Day thru Labor Day (in USA).
    Meteorological - hottest 3 months (June/July/Aug typically)

Astronomical - by Solstice and Equinox (June 21 - Sept 22). ** Even though that is sort of misleading because if you wanted to think of Summer as the 3 month span that you had the most sunlight, then it should really start 1.5 months before June 21 and end 1.5 months after June 21 (which actually would fall more in line with that Ireland reference where they start Spring on a Feb 1st Celtic holiday and so Summer would be May thru July).

(except for Southern Hemisphere, where it’s reversed of course...) so Australia players will have to wait another 6 months before they will get the “Summer of Pain” events 😀
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Labor Day weekend is here...

Summer of Pain nowhere to be found 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    So...is this actually gonna happen?
  • No_Ægon_clubNo_Ægon_club Posts: 150 ★★
    Sneakyko said:

Okay is this actually true? I’ve googled it and i keep getting answers that it’s starts during March

I’m just very confused
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★

To be fair, it was never going to be during summer here in Scotland

That’s because we don’t have summer. Or spring. Or autumn. Or winter.

We have rain.

Fellow Scot here. Can confirm we have all the rain.