**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Herald difficulty

2»

Comments

• Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Only abyss exploration to do. The path was easy, the bosses have been challenging. Not overly difficult, but it feels like a good level where it’s doable for newer cavaliers but can’t be steamrolled by the absolute top end

At least, that’s how it feels to me

That's where I'm at. Paths easy peasy bosses a moderate to hard challenge depending on the champs you brought in.
  • Options
    LmaoLmao Posts: 846 ★★★
    Arsoz said:

Lmao said:

Arsoz said:

Lmao said:

Arsoz said:

Git gud scrub

Please stop commenting on threads with this. No one needs to hear this.
    Please stop complaining about a difficulty. No needs to hear this.
    Read my post, I specifically said that I'm NOT COMPLAINING. I know people like you would take it the wrong way so I specifically said that. I was asking a question, not complaining

Sorry, but it's not my fault you missed that.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

This is only about the tenth post about this in the past day, but this I would say is a good way to give direct feedback to Kabam.

Personally, I think that this was an appropriate difficulty for newly cav players, however this hasn’t really challenged me in the slightest.

Yeah, I know there have been a ton of posts on it, thought a poll like this would be better since it allows you to see an approximate progression level so they can see through all the people who just got cav or aren’t cav complaining it’s far too hard
    Agreed, I am personally quite curious at the results. Gonna bookmark this one.
    Also I pulled a 6* ronin the other day and since you’re the ronin expert are there any tips you have? I’m really enjoying him so far, using the well known intercept different amount of lights thing, mainly sp3 but sp2 if fights are shorter or as a finisher, and getting precision just before throwing sp3. Anything important I missed there?
  • Options

This is only about the tenth post about this in the past day, but this I would say is a good way to give direct feedback to Kabam.

Personally, I think that this was an appropriate difficulty for newly cav players, however this hasn’t really challenged me in the slightest.

Personally I think it's way too hard for new cav players, especially with the super annoying nodes. Maybe it's easy if you have a super good roster, but for average new cavs, I'd say it's too hard
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, I know there have been a ton of posts on it, thought a poll like this would be better since it allows you to see an approximate progression level so they can see through all the people who just got cav or aren’t cav complaining it’s far too hard
    Also I pulled a 6* ronin the other day and since you’re the ronin expert are there any tips you have? I’m really enjoying him so far, using the well known intercept different amount of lights thing, mainly sp3 but sp2 if fights are shorter or as a finisher, and getting precision just before throwing sp3. Anything important I missed there?
    Not really, you have the rotation down. He also can shut down magik relatively well if you stay in the demon stance. He pairs incredibly well with deep wounds, and if you throw off the special 2 with 7 cruelties you get 7 bleeds which has some nice dw burst. His bp is also quite nice. He is just super rewarding to play, if you’re aggressive, you get more damage.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I'm somewhere in between (been cav for well over a year but haven't done past 6.1 because I'm lazy and honestly I don't care to punish myself that much) and the difficulty is easy to medium. For example the only reason that todays Void fight was moderately difficult was because I'm running Suicides and can't be bothered to turn them off right now so I took a little unavoidable damage with Aegon before I shrugged off the debuffs, which is entirely on me. On the Doom day, I struggled mostly due to my Science champs either not being ranked higher (Such as my HT is still only R3) and not having a hugely diverse science champ roster (RNG can be cruel but hey thats part of the game).

Overall it's nothing that I can't overcome if I actually put a bit of effort in.
  • Options
    ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Act 6 initial clear and 2 abyss paths done.

I found Doom boss day relatively easy, Aarkus a touch harder. I think the rewards adequately pay for the difficulty.
  • Options
    Aarkua and void sucked and I used at least one revive a piece, doom was the bane of my existence though. It is moderately tough and does require some skill and potential counters. I probably won't be 100% cav difficulty when it releases
  • Options
    Arsoz said:

Lmao said:

Arsoz said:

Lmao said:

Arsoz said:

Lmao said:

Arsoz said:

Git gud scrub

Please stop commenting on threads with this. No one needs to hear this.
    Please stop complaining about a difficulty. No needs to hear this.
    Read my post, I specifically said that I'm NOT COMPLAINING. I know people like you would take it the wrong way so I specifically said that. I was asking a question, not complaining

Sorry, but it's not my fault you missed that.

Oh lol, I didn't know that
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Eh I'm kinda in between on answers here. I didn't find it difficult at all but I wouldn't say it was TOO easy either. The bosses are about at the level I expected to see last month honestly. I had to bring the right champs and pay attention but I certainly didn't struggle against anything.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I'd be fine with things being more difficult but I never really expected us to get it in monthly quests. The way they're gutting anything remotely difficult right now, we were never going to get something monthly that was actually hard for a very developed roster
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Not really, you have the rotation down. He also can shut down magik relatively well if you stay in the demon stance. He pairs incredibly well with deep wounds, and if you throw off the special 2 with 7 cruelties you get 7 bleeds which has some nice dw burst. His bp is also quite nice. He is just super rewarding to play, if you’re aggressive, you get more damage.
    What's bp?
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    These bosses are much harder than that Canadian level Sasquatch was. I’m not sure if Kabam is trying to overshoot it so that they can find a place somewhere in between or what. Doom is normally an easy fight with Void, and yet I could not one-shot him with 5/65. 5/65 Thing could barely scratch him. Apparently, HT was the only highly effective counter, and I don’t have him ranked up. It is just silly to have bosses that maybe one champ can handle well. Who was supposed to make Void a tolerable fight besides Blade? I don’t have NF, and it looked like Void was bleed immune anyway.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I think it's good. Went in first day unprepared didn't know that all classes except mystic have attack rating cut down by a half and choose wrong path which had all and nothing. Silly me. Had to quit mid way. Other days are fine.

Easy path might be too easy. The more difficult path is fine if we can check the node before going in like in a normal quest.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Lmao said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

What's bp?
    Block Proficiency
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    I am just Uncollected and stick to what I can do to farm rank-up materials.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    You have to have a deep roster with perfect counters maxed out from every class in order to defeat it without revives on each day. That is what makes it no fun. I think I’m skipping Doom, Sinister, and Void in the future. Having to use any revives at all is not worth the crappy rewards.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think this one was definitely harder than the last, although I couldn't try the last one. this was definitely needed more skill and a deeper roster. I was able to do the tech easily but got wrecked by the cosmic. my vote would be in between newly cav+moderate and newly cav+hard. on top of tech, I think I'd be able to do mutant and maybe mystic because they just seem easier.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    Hard for me to measure exactly how difficult this mode would be under ideal conditions. I've been experiencing massive lagging, FPS drops, overheating, the weird AI etc since this update. Pretty much all content is harder to play than it would normally be. Still made it thru with moderate challenge. As it should be, I suppose.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Lmao said:

I was wondering whether or not herald difficulty should be completed by new cavalier players? I just became cavalier not too long ago and the difficulty is too hard for me. I'm not complaining about the difficulty but am honestly curious as to whether or not the difficulty is supposed to be this hard.

Newly uncollected players still struggle with UC difficulty. New cavalier players will struggle with herald/Cav difficulty. The problem with cavalier players these days is that they aren't required to finish act 5 100%.

Most OG cavalier players had act 5 done before it was released and were more prepared for it. If you find it hard during herald difficulty, you are going to struggle with Cavalier difficulty untill your roster catches up to your progression.
  • Options
    The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Only issue I have are attack values, the game was moving away from irrational attack values of act six and now basically turned it up to 100

Void is not the hardest champ to fight but that attack he had was nasty and the blood in the waters node was unnecessary. It made his attack 200% higher.
    I’m only doing shards since I’m chasing Ægon so I’ve only done 3 of the bosses
    Doom has natural block penetration so even a parry meant a chunk of damage even with champs like CAPIW. I have quake but she was in AQ so learned that lesson

Good thing is that you can pick and chose what class you want to face or More specifically what boss you can handle. So for me cosmic is the best option for me
    So I’ll be sticking to that
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    mbrace said:

You have to have a deep roster with perfect counters maxed out from every class in order to defeat it without revives on each day. That is what makes it no fun. I think I’m skipping Doom, Sinister, and Void in the future. Having to use any revives at all is not worth the crappy rewards.

Your first sentence is perfectly accurate.
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    My only complaint with Herald difficulty is that your strongest class might not align with the rewards you want/need. Thankfully for me, my strongest class is mystic and cosmic day rewards are shards... which is what I want.
    For other summoners it could be misaligned, making the entire event one big frustration.