**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

iPhone 8 overheating since 28.0

Hello there !

Since the update, my phone is overheating when i launch the game, with or without discord on voc.
This causes a lot of troubles : i wasn't able to play during 8 hours yesterday !
Please take a look !!

It's impossible to play without freezes, i'm not the only one in my alliance !

Someone else getting this issue ?

iPhone 8 with iOS 13.6

Thanks

Comments

• Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    Same thing with a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in my alliance (smartphones with "8" in their name are cursed)
  • RealStealRealSteal Posts: 199
    I’m having the same issue on an iPhone X, I can’t play for more than 15 mins without overheating. Serious lag and jumpy frame rates, there was an issue the same as this ages ago that was resolved.

Is this an issue that you are aware of @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra ? I know other users are having the same issues, this is causing me trouble in arenas mostly as that’s the most time consuming element.

• FabriciusFabricius Posts: 48
    Same here. My iphone is overheating since the new update...
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    If you have an iPhone take a look here.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1344861/#Comment_1344861

Try what I linked and see if that helps. Really only need to watch the first one (I think) as the other one pertains to a beta build that is no longer used.

If it helps let others know about it too please.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 950 ★★★
    My iphone 7 overheating like crazy too.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1344861/#Comment_1344861

Try what I linked and see if that helps. Really only need to watch the first one (I think) as the other one pertains to a beta build that is no longer used.

I checked that video. I already had every recommendation he made disabled except disabling game center, which I have now done.

Unfortunately, I bought the phone refurbished so I have never had the charger that was included with the phone. I just use a standard charger base. The 1.5v 2500mah, I believe it is.

Hope the game center thing helps. Ill update later to see if it helped or not.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 950 ★★★
    phil56201 said:

My iphone 7 overheating like crazy too.

I checked that video. I already had every recommendation he made disabled except disabling game center, which I have now done.

Unfortunately, I bought the phone refurbished so I have never had the charger that was included with the phone. I just use a standard charger base. The 1.5v 2500mah, I believe it is.

Hope the game center thing helps. Ill update later to see if it helped or not.
    After a day of playing on and off, it seemed to help at 1st (last night), but noticing it heating up to extreme temperatures very fast. Battery drains faster than I've ever seen it drain too. I'm legit scared this game may have or likely will damge my phone. Can't really play more than 10 mins at a time.
  • BunnyblasterBunnyblaster Posts: 10
    edited August 2020
    Be careful. My iPhone got so overheated that the screen is popping out this week likely from the heat. The iPhone has zero water damage and only plays on WiFi. It's pretty much used only for MCoC and chat apps.

Apple Support told me to reach out to KABAM - still waiting to hear back to see if there's any willingness for compensation.

After a day of playing on and off, it seemed to help at 1st (last night), but noticing it heating up to extreme temperatures very fast. Battery drains faster than I've ever seen it drain too. I'm legit scared this game may have or likely will damge my phone. Can't really play more than 10 mins at a time.
  • edited August 2020
    Hey!

Thanks for the device information. If y'all can also provide what OS you're on (in addition to the device model) that'd be super handy. Thank you in advance for it!

EDIT: This is for everyone in the thread, not just the OP.
    Post edited by Kabam Vydious on
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Firmware Version - 13.6
    Using Wifi and also Mobile Data

100MBPS Download
    78MBPS Upload

Not only overheating But also breaking the frame in fight which cause me to not perfect parry and dex specials attack.
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★

Hey!

Thanks for the device information. If y'all can also provide what OS you're on (in addition to the device model) that'd be super handy. Thank you in advance for it!

Hey @Kabam Vydious !
    iOS 13.6.1
    Using WiFi and/or 4G+

Lots of disconnect and the phone resprings itself !
    I had to change my battery (55€) because of this problem but it continues.
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    edited August 2020

Hey!

iPhone X on iOS 13.6.1

I have also had plenty of overheating issues particularly when grinding arena
  • BunnyblasterBunnyblaster Posts: 10
    iPhone SE on iOS 13.6.1 - screen is broken (bulging due to battery expansion) due to overheating from MCoC
    iPhone 8 on iOS 13.6.1 - screen still ok, but overheating makes me afraid to use the phone.
  • JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    Iphone Max Xs

The overheating is often more noticeable to me when there are heavy graphics for heroes like Aarkhus and such.