**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Changes to Guardian

Comments

• MaximusSavageMaximusSavage Posts: 37
    He is a great tech in and of himself. I like the way he plays. I have warlock at rank 4 and a 6 star gulli. The reason I went so all out on him is unlike the gulli tech synergy his BP synergy benefits WHOEVER you want to run with him. Armor can be reduced by numerous champion and node effects, BP only sufferes from a select few. + Energy damage etc. It isn't a good trade off plain and simple.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Mayis said:

How about just change the broken champ that is domino for once? Can't do that though, she makes people spend way to many potions and revives.

The synergy affected her perfect block, not her sig ability.
    I actually didn't say anything about her sig being changed. It would be as simple as to remove her power gain from her getting a perfect block.

Mayis said:

How about just change the broken champ that is domino for once? Can't do that though, she makes people spend way to many potions and revives.

The synergy affected her perfect block, not her sig ability.
    I actually didn't say anything about her sig being changed. It would be as simple as to remove her power gain from her getting a perfect block.
    It doesn't even have to be that drastic. Add a percentage chance to proc her power gain that's still really good like 80% and a 6 sec cooldown. That's long enough to finish a special and still have a slim chance not to trigger. And domino remains as absurdly OP as she already was before this.
  • PurpleIsPimpinPurpleIsPimpin Posts: 48
    There has been a lot of talk of "why would you rank for a synergy". If you do not consider synergies when ranking that is an uninformed decision. This synergy 100% factored into my rankup and item usage towards him.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

Rotelly said:

If block prof and armor were equal why have both?

because the block proficiency makes domino pretty op
    Rotelly said:

guessing one reduces damage on blocking and the other reduces overall damage taken

the post says increase armor while blocking, so in every case it will only be during block.

how does true strike and the pierce mastery interact with this change? @Kabam Miike

They will still interact with it, so it won't be very helpful against those nodes, BUT, this is a huge buff in other ways. For instance, nothing that interacts with Block Proficiency will interact with this Armor rating increase. Bubble Shield, Incinerate, and Soft Guard for example.

This is also a positive for any Champ that already has high Block Proficiency.
    Ahhh yess because I come into a match expecting to get incinerated instead of using incinerate immune champs
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

We thought it was safer to make a change to the Synergy since Guardian is newer, and we would rather not make a change to Domino, a long-standing Champion that is pretty sought after. However, it seems like you all disagree with that.

We do have another idea that I would like to float by you guys that will leave the Synergy unchanged, and leaves Domino basically unchanged, but does mean that this interaction will no longer happen.

Right now, her abilities take into account outside sources of Block Proficiency, but we would change it so that it does not. The new ability would read: "A Block with (X) Block Proficiency from Domino’s Abilities results in a Perfect Block, reducing incoming attack damage to zero and granting 10% maximum Power instantly."

Basically, the Perfect Block has to come from her own abilities. Thoughts on that?

that sounds ok to me, but I don't use either guardian or domino. I can't think of any current usage of domino that it would ruin
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

We thought it was safer to make a change to the Synergy since Guardian is newer, and we would rather not make a change to Domino, a long-standing Champion that is pretty sought after. However, it seems like you all disagree with that.

We do have another idea that I would like to float by you guys that will leave the Synergy unchanged, and leaves Domino basically unchanged, but does mean that this interaction will no longer happen.

Right now, her abilities take into account outside sources of Block Proficiency, but we would change it so that it does not. The new ability would read: "A Block with (X) Block Proficiency from Domino’s Abilities results in a Perfect Block, reducing incoming attack damage to zero and granting 10% maximum Power instantly."

Basically, the Perfect Block has to come from her own abilities. Thoughts on that?

Read a few comments Around saying something similar. Much better option
    I’m sure more people will be in board
  • We thought it was safer to make a change to the Synergy since Guardian is newer, and we would rather not make a change to Domino, a long-standing Champion that is pretty sought after. However, it seems like you all disagree with that.

I think guardian users, which there are definitely more than a few in this thread, would be into it. Need to get some feedback from others before I can be confident in this though.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

I think guardian users, which there are definitely more than a few in this thread, would be into it. Need to get some feedback from others before I can be confident in this though.
    Not to brag but I have a 3* guardian :)
    well mine is awakened Soo... I win
  • We thought it was safer to make a change to the Synergy since Guardian is newer, and we would rather not make a change to Domino, a long-standing Champion that is pretty sought after. However, it seems like you all disagree with that.

If you rebalanced the value to trigger a perfect block to account for what she would be missing from the block proficiency mastery due to such a change that would be reasonable. If you didn’t rebalance to account for the loss of that mastery then it would be unreasonable as she would lose that ability.
    Exactly this.
  • PurpleIsPimpinPurpleIsPimpin Posts: 48
    @Kabam Miike as a guardian user, this would make me very happy. I cannot speak to domino users, but it felt like everyone should know that interaction was broken. I just want to say THANK YOU for listening to feedback and posing alternative solutions. Truly appreciated
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

I think this is a fair compromise, it also won't effect her Base so anyone not using the Synergy will notice no change. As well she's still a great champion so this wouldn't be detrimental to her Abilities or Usual Play Style.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

If you rebalanced the value to trigger a perfect block to account for what she would be missing from the block proficiency mastery due to such a change that would be reasonable. If you didn’t rebalance to account for the loss of that mastery then it would be unreasonable as she would lose that ability.
    Oh good catch, I didn't even think about that.
  • StuchStuch Posts: 44
    @Kabam Miike while we’re on this topic, how does Domino’s perfect block interact with the parry and block proficiency masteries? I assume that they do something to it because Domino’s base block proficiency+max roll is still less than the required amount for a perfect block, yet I can still sometimes get perfect blocks on parries

Yup perfect. Truly is "Lucky" that way. I don't want Domino players to get hurt either and I think that a tweak like that is tiny in comparison to revamping the whole synergy. Thanks for listening!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Have 6* Guardian and Domino ranked. That seems like a fair change as long as it won't hurt her solo. I certainly didn't go after either champ for this specific interaction it seems pretty broken to me honestly
    Stuch said:

@Kabam Miike while we’re on this topic, how does Domino’s perfect block interact with the parry and block proficiency masteries? I assume that they do something to it because Domino’s base block proficiency+max roll is still less than the required amount for a perfect block, yet I can still sometimes get perfect blocks on parries

Pretty sure her base BP gets pushed above the threshold by her "Lucky" ability.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

This would also take into account his other synergy that would give her 3 guaranteed perfect blocks at the start of the fight. Domino could potentially gain insane levels of block proficiency, which I personally don't see a problem with as champions like capiw and guardian don't take damage from parries and hardly any from blocked hits either, while not being broken to the point where she gets easy power.
    Savage said:

This would also take into account his other synergy that would give her 3 guaranteed perfect blocks at the start of the fight. Domino could potentially gain insane levels of block proficiency, which I personally don't see a problem with as champions like capiw and guardian don't take damage from parries and hardly any from blocked hits either, while not being broken to the point where she gets easy power.
    Even with the power gain, 3 non stacking perfect blocks is waaayyyy different than loading 70% off a special 2. I follow how they propose the fix that particular synergy doesn't affect Block Proficiency it's just 3 free perfects. Which is fine and shouldn't be affected by the change. Again I don't want Domino to lose Kit anymore than Guardian I just think the balance is better and more fair amending her ability to gain block proficiency.