Let Players Pick Which Rank Up Gem to Use

WerewrymWerewrym Member Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
I know this has been discussed before, but I am bringing it up again with because we will all be getting rank up gems from Variant 5 over the next few weeks. We need to be able to choose which RuG we want to use rather than it defaulting to the gem that we would be least likely to use on a champ. I have a 2017 RuG that I want to use on Voodoo, but the game decided that I would rather use my mystic (no year restrictions) gem on him. The logic behind which gem shows on the rank up page literally makes no sense. Would be great to get this changed so it will let us pick a gem to use rather than forcing one on us.

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Member Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    ive heard you can contact support to do it, but having it in game would be very nice
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

ive heard you can contact support to do it, but having it in game would be very nice

Why should each individual contact support to do a simple in game action?
    Kabam should change it and save themselves from the extra work.
  • QacobQacob Member Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

He literally said they shouldn't have to. Just that you can.
  • Wick_RickWick_Rick Member Posts: 4
    Oh that would be so fantastic if this feature were to be enabled.
    That would be a real BOSS move 😉
    Greekhit said:

...I know. which is what I said
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Gonna have to 'revive' this thread now.

Has this actually worked for anybody? Because they seemingly didn't agree to help me, lol
  • airmundoairmundo Member Posts: 148
    Kill_Grey said:

Has this actually worked for anybody? Because they seemingly didn't agree to help me, lol
    Yes - I contacted support originally for this issue and they told me “rank up your champ with the gem it says then reach back out and we will reimburse that gem and take the 2017 gem from your inventory”

So I ranked up my Hood with a R4 mystic gem, even though I had a 2017 gem, and reached back out. Within 24hrs I was given back my mystic gem and saw one of my 2017 gems was gone. So, it works but as the thread mentions, no one should have to do that.

Side note: less than 10hrs after ranking up my 5* hood I pulled a 6* 🙄
    airmundo said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yes - I contacted support originally for this issue and they told me “rank up your champ with the gem it says then reach back out and we will reimburse that gem and take the 2017 gem from your inventory”

So I ranked up my Hood with a R4 mystic gem, even though I had a 2017 gem, and reached back out. Within 24hrs I was given back my mystic gem and saw one of my 2017 gems was gone. So, it works but as the thread mentions, no one should have to do that.

They didn't agree, lol.
    Told me something like "it's a game mechanic that they can't do anything about".
    Kill_Grey said:

airmundo said:

Kill_Grey said:

They didn't agree, lol.
    Told me something like "it's a game mechanic that they can't do anything about".
    yeah I've heard the exact same as what airmundo said. I think every once in a while, you get a support person who doesn't know what they're talking about. or you weren't clear about it
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    I've always wondered why it did this and what made it select which takes precedence
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    This issue really need to be addressed!

I've always wondered why it did this and what made it select which takes precedence

@DeaconVelvet according to them.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

rip
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    oh wow smh

It seems that it's only issues on gems from variant 5 that are being attended to.

Oh well...
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,347 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

What the barnacles is this backwards logic?? I’m exploring the third chapter of v5 just so I can take voodoo to r4 off the generic gem so that I could use him for chapter 2. I wouldnt want my 3-4 mystic used.

That response is so ignorant, did anyone else get lack of support for this?
    edited October 2020

It seems that it's only issues on gems from variant 5 that are being attended to.

Oh well...
    GagoH said:

Kill_Grey said:

What the barnacles is this backwards logic?? I’m exploring the third chapter of v5 just so I can take voodoo to r4 off the generic gem so that I could use him for chapter 2. I wouldnt want my 3-4 mystic used.

You can make a ticket on that sort of issue and get a response. For year-based rank up gems from any other variants, you're on your own.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,347 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Oh well...

GagoH said:

Kill_Grey said:

You can make a ticket on that sort of issue and get a response. For year-based rank up gems from any other variants, you're on your own.
    Thanks for clearing it up, should still be addressed for variant gems