**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Imiw armour up does not work against havok?

Well I'm new I don't know very much but as much as I know if we have armour up buff we don't take damage from havok plasma charges but even though I have armour up I'm still taking detonation damage while using ironman infinity war .is this a bug ? Or it's supposed to like that

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    pretty it’s because it’s a passive armor up. Could be wrong tho
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    IMIW armors are passives and not buffs and have never mitigated detonation.
    Working as intended.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Because against Havoc, your champion will need an armor up BUFF in order to avoid the damage from the detonation.
    IW IM armor's are passive armor's, and not armor up buffs. You can see it via reading his abilities or watching the icon under the health bar. If it doesn't have an white border, then is not an active ability (buff or a debuff)
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Well I'm new I don't know very much but as much as I know if we have armour up buff we don't take damage from havok plasma charges but even though I have armour up I'm still taking detonation damage while using ironman infinity war .is this a bug ? Or it's supposed to like that

buffs have right outlines around their perimeter. passives and degen do not.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Because against Havoc, your champion will need an armor up BUFF in order to avoid the damage from the detonation.
    IW IM armor's are passive armor's, and not armor up buffs. You can see it via reading his abilities or watching the icon under the health bar. If it doesn't have an white border, then is not an active ability (buff or a debuff)

name ends with a k not a c. Sorry, just had to point that out
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    You said it yourself armor up buff is needed
    As a new player I suggest getting use to very small and often overlooked parts of a champions text

IMIW has passive armor, passive abilites generally use the whole symbol as a timer and the colour is often more saturated than buffs. Buffs have an outer ring that’s the timer. When it’s a buff effect it usually is stated in the abilities. Same thing for debuffs. Buffs can be nullified but not passive positive effects.
    Example: Wolverines regen can be nullified since it’s a buff but not Sasquatch since it’s a passive effect.

Pause the screen during fights and it will tell you what each effect on both champs is and what it does

Generally buffs are not passive effects and passive effects are not buffs. But both are considered to be “effects”
    Nick fury’a sig says that he removes all effects both passive and active buffs