**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoner Showdown Leaderboard Week 1!!!

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
In this week!!!!!! Who can use rank 5 Medusa to beat Silver Surfer the fastest?!?!?!?!?!... lol there's not a single other champ but Medusa in either top 10 leaderboard, great job designing a fight there's only 1 viable option for.... *eyeroll*

Comments

• SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    😐
    edited August 2020
    To be honest it’s really not hard to get a max out 4* Medusa πŸ˜‚. Just so you know, she’s been sitting in my account for the past 3 years or so.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I love it! Older champ, most have her and can use her. Lot of worry that Sassy was going to be the best, and that would have been an issue.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Chovner said:

In this week!!!!!! Who can use rank 5 Medusa to beat Silver Surfer the fastest?!?!?!?!?!... lol there's not a single other champ but Medusa in either top 10 leaderboard, great job designing a fight there's only 1 viable option for.... *eyeroll*

anyone with the skills to even think about making on the leaderboard will have cats to rank medusa a flowing out of their behind. maybe that's a hint wink wink. also, while she is the best for the showdown currently, there are many other options if you want to do the show up
    Chovner said:

And then for next week you’ll be saying, β€œwho can use Dr Doom to beat CMM?” πŸ˜‚
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Vouching for my homie @Fintech hes in 10th rn in EU, I am confident in his abilities to qualify, I wish I ran suicides tho lol :/
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2020

Chovner said:

There’s no fight you can design where there won’t be 1 top option.....
    This fight has really only 3 options to be viable for the Showdown, and of those 3 options only 1 is clearly the only winning option... soooo having 1-3 options to be competitive is really stupid.

The showdown should have been like the Grandmaster fight where it's very doable with ANY champ, and really puts everyone's skill to the test. Like who knows their champ the best to be able to use their abilities most effectively to beat the boss following the criteria (quickest, less hits received, most DPS).

I don't know I just find it dumb that this 1st week will end up being "who can use Medusa the best to beat SS", was hoping to see a bunch of different champs used on the leaderboard and videos.

Imagine if it was a SS without Coldsnap, explosive personality, etc, but still with 1.4M health. And one person uses Hyperion cycling through sp2 and sp3; then someone else uses carnage building him up with different buffs to try to squeeze out as many crits and bleeds and try to beat out DPS that way; then someone else uses Proxima trying to complete all the missions as soon as possible and getting the highest sp2 and sp3 damage... that's way more exciting than what's going on now
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Chovner said:

Chovner said:

This fight has really only 3 options to be viable for the Showdown, and of those 3 options only 1 is clearly the only winning option... soooo having 1-3 options to be competitive is really stupid.

The showdown should have been like the Grandmaster fight where it's very doable with ANY champ, and really puts everyone's skill to the test. Like who knows their champ the best to be able to use their abilities most effectively to beat the boss following the criteria (quickest, less hits received, most DPS).

I don't know I just find it dumb that this 1st week will end up being "who can use Medusa the best to beat SS", was hoping to see a bunch of different champs used on the leaderboard and videos.
    If the grandmaster was the boss there would still be one champ who could do it the fastest. There is no combination of nodes/champ opponent that will have more then 1 best option, and in a competition everyone will use that 1 option

Chovner said:

Chovner said:

If the grandmaster was the boss there would still be one champ who could do it the fastest. There is no combination of nodes/champ opponent that will have more then 1 best option, and in a competition everyone will use that 1 option
    Yeah but my point is they added coldsnap and armor break as huge barriers to entry, so right off the bat you've narrowed the field down un-necessarily. 1 top option out of 3 viable is different than 1 top option of the whole MCOC roster with myriad viable options

Chovner said:

Chovner said:

Chovner said:

Yeah but my point is they added coldsnap and armor break as huge barriers to entry, so right off the bat you've narrowed the field down un-necessarily. 1 top option out of 3 viable is different than 1 top option of the whole MCOC roster with myriad viable options
    Your math is wrong. 1=1
    ok thanks for your insight
    Chovner said:

Chovner said:

Chovner said:

Chovner said:

Your math is wrong. 1=1
    ok thanks for your insight
    Anytime πŸ™‚
  • GolkdenkillerGolkdenkiller Posts: 5 β˜…

From years of NYCC Beat the Boss challenges, I can tell you that no matter how many viable options there are if there's even one that is slightly better than others, they will become the best choice.

Medusa is not the only viable choice, but Summoners have shown that she is their favourite for this. Even if this was the Grandmaster fight, one option would out damage the rest and would become the one to take over the leaderboard.

I don't know how each scoring parameter is factored in but it feels like killing the boss quicker without taking a hit is the only thing that seem to matter.

I wonder if there is a way to score more without killing the boss, maybe by scoring higher dps. But if the remaining health on boss is the primary factor then this is expected I guess.

Would be interesting if in future the scoring was not this straight forward. Something along the lines of points for bleed damage, points for poison damage, points for parry/dex/evade, points for max damage from one hit, etc. That would introduce more variety in the leaderboard I think.

But leaderboard for fights are great addition to the game. Would love to see one among alliance or friends, too.
    edited August 2020

From years of NYCC Beat the Boss challenges, I can tell you that no matter how many viable options there are if there's even one that is slightly better than others, they will become the best choice.

Medusa is not the only viable choice, but Summoners have shown that she is their favourite for this. Even if this was the Grandmaster fight, one option would out damage the rest and would become the one to take over the leaderboard.

I take my reference from the myriad ROL speedruns and how people have decided to farm potions from it. It's not unanimous on who people use to get through the fights between Hyperion, Stark Spidey, Aegon, Sunspot, Archangel, etc. But then you have all ROL champs who have immunities and abilities restriction gates taking away whole sections of champs as options the way Silver Surfer does.

I'm just saying it would have been cool to see the Summoner Showdown promote using any champ you feel comfortable with to try to outdamage and clear faster than everyone else, as opposed to "well the only champs to use need to be Coldsnap immune or able to inflict armor breaks, no need to try out any of the champs I'm really good at using"
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Chovner said:

Chovner said:

Buddy look up on YouTube.. lags got a sub 5 min kill on Grandmaster using Corvus fully charged up... there is always going to be one champ to solo the fight better than the rest but I agree to your point of 1 among 3 isn't what was expected...
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2020
    Chovner said:

I take my reference from the myriad ROL speedruns and how people have decided to farm potions from it. It's not unanimous on who people use to get through the fights between Hyperion, Stark Spidey, Aegon, Sunspot, Archangel, etc. But then you have all ROL champs who have immunities and abilities restriction gates taking away whole sections of champs as options the way Silver Surfer does.

I'm just saying it would have been cool to see the Summoner Showdown promote using any champ you feel comfortable with to try to outdamage and clear faster than everyone else, as opposed to "well the only champs to use need to be Coldsnap immune or able to inflict armor breaks, no need to try out any of the champs I'm really good at using"
    True, at least there is a wider pool of champs to test before everyone discovers the one champ that does better than the rest and everyone starts using that champ.
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Lovejoy72 said:

I love it! Older champ, most have her and can use her. Lot of worry that Sassy was going to be the best, and that would have been an issue.

I do not have medusa above 3 stars but I did not worry I used colossus
    LeoZed said:

Chovner said:

Chovner said:

Buddy look up on YouTube.. lags got a sub 5 min kill on Grandmaster using Corvus fully charged up... there is always going to be one champ to solo the fight better than the rest but I agree to your point of 1 among 3 isn't what was expected...
    What? I’m the one saying there is always 1 best option, no matter what.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Yeah I mean I was able to get some decent runs with torch and it is possible to get on the leaderboard with him but Medusa is so much easier so people are using her