**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Before someone posts “They are random...”

mdm_mimdm_mi Posts: 46
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
First, why are the 22h events random? Second, they just need slight tweaking to be so much better. The Hero Use and Arena Wins are easily attained if you are already arena grinding and many people wait for the Level Up event to get a revive and units for doing something they were already planning on doing. Event Completion should be removed. Just stick to a 3 sequence rotation and we will be happy. And when the rewards are buffed, like promised, we will be happier.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 ★★★★★
    mdm_mi said:

First, why are the 22h events random? Second, they just need slight tweaking to be so much better. The Hero Use and Arena Wins are easily attained if you are already arena grinding and many people wait for the Level Up event to get a revive and units for doing something they were already planning on doing. Event Completion should be removed. Just stick to a 3 sequence rotation and we will be happy. And when the rewards are buffed, like promised, we will be happier.

They are random because Kabam wants you to log in every day, and this is one way to do that. It won't change, likely, and you'll live.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    @The_enlightened yeah they did. But after ALL the hype they put in that it’s been thrown under the rug. No transparency on where they stand with anything.

They promised us like 50 things as of right now. They have delivered on:

Dual crystals. Which is 10/10 in my book
    Champ 6.2.6 nerf: for any who needsto do this 7.5/10
    Summoner showdown: 3/10
    Boss rush: 8/10 these are fun.

Now the rest no sign of them, no update, nothing. At least bring something up about dev diaries update.

I know people will say the magnet buff is a 10. So will i, once it’s in the majority of the communities hands because things could change from the beta to launch.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

mdm_mi said:

They are random because Kabam wants you to log in every day, and this is one way to do that. It won't change, likely, and you'll live.
    I personally don’t believe that the 22h solo event randomness is a reason for someone to log in. This doesn’t makes sense at all.
    They need to have a sequence, that would be better for players to schedule at least their rank ups.
    Also, the 22h event quest completion needs to change whether to 22h quest completion, that will contribute points towards event quests, story quests, daily quests, variants, special quests or even incursions zones clearing to make it more realistic to reach the milestones, or remove it at all and leave the rest three rotating.
    Kabam has the data, and can easily see that 22h event quest completion is the least popular. No one is reaching all milestones on each appearance during the month (about 8 times). Realistically it’s impossible to reach all milestones more than couple of times in the month, and that only if you grind monthly event quests all difficulties spending lot of units on refills.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Man, you do some nice things, and all anybody focuses on is what hasn't been done.

We're working on it, but it's not as easy as just doing it. Our teams can only do so many things at a time and need to finish one task before moving on to the next. As we had mentioned these are long term roadmaps, which means that most of these things didn't have a date yet.

We're planning some follow-up posts soon, but it's only been a month and a half since the first ones concluded, so it might be a little bit.

@OP: We don't plan to stop them being random, but the plans for the overhaul are looking pretty good. More info on that soon.

that’s how most people are these days
    back in my day, we just sat and waited
    Back in my day, there wasn’t no fancy compensation.
    Literally just a PHC and an energy refill lol. A 3* crystal if we were lucky.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Man, you do some nice things, and all anybody focuses on is what hasn't been done.

We're working on it, but it's not as easy as just doing it. Our teams can only do so many things at a time and need to finish one task before moving on to the next. As we had mentioned these are long term roadmaps, which means that most of these things didn't have a date yet.

We're planning some follow-up posts soon, but it's only been a month and a half since the first ones concluded, so it might be a little bit.

@OP: We don't plan to stop them being random, but the plans for the overhaul are looking pretty good. More info on that soon.

Back in my day, there wasn’t no fancy compensation. The game just got fixed, and people who complained were ignored
    oh well we can’t have that, the special little snowflakes mustn't be ignored
    HI_guys said:

Crcrcrc said:

Back in my day, there wasn’t no fancy compensation. The game just got fixed, and people who complained were ignored
    If those who complained were ignored then how do you fix?
    the compensation posts were ignored. Kabam just fixed the game and life went on.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Crcrcrc said:

If those who complained were ignored then how do you fix?
    There's a difference between giving constructive crticism and complaining for compensation.
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★

Thank you for the update, it is appreciated. As for the plans, I would really recommend you change your mind on the randomness of the solo events, as it would be a great QoL change for people to be able to plan ahead knowing what is coming and when :)
  • mdm_mimdm_mi Posts: 46
    I couldn’t find the post of the dev diaries searching on the forums, so thanks to whoever posted the screenshots. But the post implied that the rewards were being revamped and the events would have added variations. Since Miike said that they will still be random, if there are more variations, then there will be long times between Level Up events. All I was saying is that it would be nice to be able to plan our level ups by having a defined sequence, like the daily quests and dual class crystals.

at the risk of possibly getting in trouble on here, I'm going to post this anyway because I think it's warranted.

I'm sorry Miike, but I find this answer really unacceptable from a customer service perspective.

Nothing the OP said in their comments was rude, they weren't threatening to quit the game or call a manager on you guys...they simply brought up a point and made a request/suggestion about it. You have these all the time on here. Why was the sarcasm needed? Just because you all have done some "nice things" doesn't mean people can't be critical of the game or the rollout of the changes that were promised in your road map.

I find the tone and answer here to be extremely unnecessary for the issue posed. And allowing others to jump on them, calling them a snowflake for even bringing it up seems like a strange way to discourage players from making suggestions or asking questions in your forum. I've seen quite a lot of this lately on here, and I"m not sure when this became an open season on players trying to interact with Kabam to be met with hostility from others with high comment history counts, but now the moderators are doing it too? Really kind of baffled here.

Let us forget, the entire reason there was so much backlash and then effort put into the roadmap and announced changes to come was because long festering issues were not being addressed in this game. These crystals were part of that, and as others have linked the road map section about them, was something a lot of people wanted changed. Clearly the people in charge at Kabam felt the community was in agreement and their response, the level of detail in it, and the promises were warranted.

Someone asking what the progress is on something you all gave a timeline for (which we are in those specified weeks right now) is not a reason to sound exasperated with their comment and sound like they are ungrateful for even asking it.

Did you all think that players wouldn't be following up on what was said in the road map? And is this the kind of answer we should expect from the team for those questions? If that's the case, it seems pretty counter intuitive to the tone of the roadmap and extremely misguided considering why the road map happened in the first place.

I would be asking for an apology if I was the OP here. This was uncalled for. A simple "please wait for that answer until we announce next month's changelog" or "there could be a delay on it, we're still working on the issue" would have sufficed. The OP did nothing to deserve disrespect for asking a fair question. I understand that you all must feel exasperated with how players view things at Kabam, but its part of your job to answer player concerns and questions in a respectful manner.
    did you not see some of the other comments
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    mdm_mi said:

I couldn’t find the post of the dev diaries searching on the forums, so thanks to whoever posted the screenshots. But the post implied that the rewards were being revamped and the events would have added variations. Since Miike said that they will still be random, if there are more variations, then there will be long times between Level Up events. All I was saying is that it would be nice to be able to plan our level ups by having a defined sequence, like the daily quests and dual class crystals.

you didn't do or say anything wrong man, the response you're getting from people is completely unwarranted. It's not unreasonable to ask for an update and make your suggestion on their forum. People woke up on the wrong side of the bed today it seems.

at the risk of possibly getting in trouble on here, I'm going to post this anyway because I think it's warranted.

I'm sorry Miike, but I find this answer really unacceptable from a customer service perspective.

Nothing the OP said in their comments was rude, they weren't threatening to quit the game or call a manager on you guys...they simply brought up a point and made a request/suggestion about it. You have these all the time on here. Why was the sarcasm needed? Just because you all have done some "nice things" doesn't mean people can't be critical of the game or the rollout of the changes that were promised in your road map.

I find the tone and answer here to be extremely unnecessary for the issue posed. And allowing others to jump on them, calling them a snowflake for even bringing it up seems like a strange way to discourage players from making suggestions or asking questions in your forum. I've seen quite a lot of this lately on here, and I"m not sure when this became an open season on players trying to interact with Kabam to be met with hostility from others with high comment history counts, but now the moderators are doing it too? Really kind of baffled here.

Let us forget, the entire reason there was so much backlash and then effort put into the roadmap and announced changes to come was because long festering issues were not being addressed in this game. These crystals were part of that, and as others have linked the road map section about them, was something a lot of people wanted changed. Clearly the people in charge at Kabam felt the community was in agreement and their response, the level of detail in it, and the promises were warranted.

Someone asking what the progress is on something you all gave a timeline for (which we are in those specified weeks right now) is not a reason to sound exasperated with their comment and sound like they are ungrateful for even asking it.

Did you all think that players wouldn't be following up on what was said in the road map? And is this the kind of answer we should expect from the team for those questions? If that's the case, it seems pretty counter intuitive to the tone of the roadmap and extremely misguided considering why the road map happened in the first place.

I would be asking for an apology if I was the OP here. This was uncalled for. A simple "please wait for that answer until we announce next month's changelog" or "there could be a delay on it, we're still working on the issue" would have sufficed. The OP did nothing to deserve disrespect for asking a fair question. I understand that you all must feel exasperated with how players view things at Kabam, but its part of your job to answer player concerns and questions in a respectful manner.
    I did and I don't think any of them deserved the level of snark and rudeness that's being directed at them. They're hardly the only ones asking for updates on promises from the road map. What I'm more tired about is seeing players sitting on here trying to drag every user for asking questions that are fair.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Mods are allowed to be colorful. It's not that deep. This is turning into Level 10 Karening.
    ItsDamien said:

I did and I don't think any of them deserved the level of snark and rudeness that's being directed at them. They're hardly the only ones asking for updates on promises from the road map. What I'm more tired about is seeing players sitting on here trying to drag every user for asking questions that are fair.
    there are comments saying well kabam has done this but they haven’t delivered on any of these things so bad Kabam.

I honestly think miike is sick and tired of people complaining because every single thing isn’t done yet. Because people don’t have patience. Miike is totally in his right to respond the way he did.
    Watch out the snowflake is going to get his feelings hurt because you used logic instead of outrage.
    dang, you’re right

Mods are allowed to be colorful. It's not that deep. This is turning into Level 10 Karening.

ah yes, calling people karens and being rude to players for asking fair questions seems like something the community guidelines totally support.

And i seem to recall you telling me personally you never are derogatory to any players on here. Guess I'm fair game?

Call me what you want, I'm not sorry for defending the OP. If I was a Karen I would be demanding something for no reason and calling their supervisor.

You all have made this forum extremely toxic, just as much as those players you're complaining about.

People are going to ask questions about the progress of promises in the road map. If this isn't going to be a respectful atmosphere from other players or the moderators, what was the point?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    As for the topic, I don't mind EQC. I'd like to see Points for all Questing rather than just EQ, since that only coincides with my runs, but I don't see it as high on my list. Some I do, some I don't.
    ItsDamien said:

there are comments saying well kabam has done this but they haven’t delivered on any of these things so bad Kabam.

I honestly think miike is sick and tired of people complaining because every single thing isn’t done yet. Because people don’t have patience. Miike is totally in his right to respond the way he did.
    Watch out the snowflake is going to get his feelings hurt because you used logic instead of outrage.
    Calling people snowflakes and Karen's seems to be against the community rules, it's very telling you all are coming after me for defending the OP, who again, did nothing wrong. I've seen others jailed for much less on here, but suddenly lately it's open season to openly be hostile to other users? Pretty sad.
This discussion has been closed.