**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

electro static shock damage

RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
Why do korg and doom take static shock damage when they are immune to shock effects

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think Electro's is just energy damage, not shock
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I always wondered the same thing.

Doom and Thing are both fully immune to shock effects either buffs or passive. There are two type of contact, energy based and physical. Doom all basic attacks expect heavy are considered energy based, but they still make contact. Thats they key right now, both physical and energy based attack make contact with Electro thus static shock damage are being inflicted to your champ.

Electro inflicks static shock damage when there is a contact with the opponent. They are few ways to get around this funny and interactive mechanic. Omega Red mediums attack and heavy are non-contact attacks, also Havok's medium attack is non-contact. Also champs like Black Widow with the ability to reduce AAR (ability acc reduction) will help reduce the damage from Electro...

Thanks.

• Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    Namor sig 200 is fully immune to it.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

Why do korg and doom take static shock damage when they are immune to shock effects

For exactly the same reason incinerate immune champs take burst damage from Red Hulk.
    It’s classified as direct energy damage, instead of shock (energy) damage.
    Pretty much of a nonsense to create confusion.
    But it is what it is 🤔
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,349 ★★★★★

He's right.

Electro (the electrical supervillain, who got his superpowers after being struck by lightning) doesn't currently inflict any kind of 'Shock' damage because Shock didn't exist when he was introduced.

If they retune Electro, it's possible this could change. He really aught to inflict shock the way BWDO does.

Personally, I think his Static Shock should be proportionate to his Attack (or Health) rather than being proportionate to how hard he's hit; and should be higher on his he blocks. Since he's going to all the trouble of blocking, and all...

He's right.

Electro (the electrical supervillain, who got his superpowers after being struck by lightning) doesn't currently inflict any kind of 'Shock' damage because Shock didn't exist when he was introduced.

If they retune Electro, it's possible this could change. He really aught to inflict shock the way BWDO does.

Personally, I think his Static Shock should be proportionate to his Attack (or Health) rather than being proportionate to how hard he's hit; and should be higher on his he blocks. Since he's going to all the trouble of blocking, and all...

It’s pretty sure shock existed when he was introduced.
    Storm, Star Lord or even Electro himself (if I’m correct) can inflict shock 😉
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Rotelly said:

For exactly the same reason incinerate immune champs take burst damage from Red Hulk.
    But it is what it is 🤔
    Red hulk hasn’t inflicted energy damage since his tune up; it’s physical damage.

Greekhit said:

Rotelly said:

But it is what it is 🤔
    Red hulk hasn’t inflicted energy damage since his tune up; it’s physical damage.
    Yep, you are right after his tune up is a burst of physical damage 👍
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,349 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Greekhit said:

He's right.

It’s pretty sure shock existed when he was introduced.
    Storm, Star Lord or even Electro himself (if I’m correct) can inflict shock 😉
    Nope.

Star Lord and Storm have both had minor redesigns since then (in the first year of the contest, there were a lot of minor revisions and updates). Storm used to stun, but not shock; and didn't have shock resistance. And Star-Lord's Element gun originally inflicted bleed, without its Element powers being a thing at all. He was updated after eight or nine months.

And to this day, Electro's only ability to inflict actual 'Shock' effects/damage comes via a synergy with Stealth-suit Spidey. Read his description if you don't believe me (it won't take long!)