**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sunspot or Archangel whom to rank up?

MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Was about to rank up Archangel but thanks to Legend celebration Arena pulled a 5* Sunspot. And now i am confused.. I will rank up both eventually.. but right now whom to give preference.
P.S: Both unawakened but i do have Mutant AG and was planning to use it on Archangel..
Additional info: Not gonna use AG on Namor (too niche imo), Omega/Colossus already awakened and no point waiting for Prof Xavier

Sunspot or Archangel whom to rank up? 52 votes

Sunspot
30%
SpicyslicerBrokenmanveertherealThe_Blue_JaguarEtjamaGreekhitA_NAZRenaxqqJohnyBoyMephistoUnassignedtesterGr8TonyStarkMCOC_JCMlacopeprdelSkygod69Taz_214 16 votes
Archangel
69%
SnakeEyes69MagicBentonRaganatorLvernon15WatacjupWarlord5386pseudosaneLmao10or_StrongKenaiWRIRKDSuperFlash10CiciliatoRookiieAnthinhoRodomontade_BoiGiulioV99Leathersmw2017Thicco_ModeTyler1620 36 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    And awaken him. OR, awaken him and rank up Sunspot. Sunspot doesn't need the gem. You can't really go wrong either way.
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    Sunspot
    Gonna go against the grain here and say Sunspot. Personally I find him to be the best champion in the game—he was my first R2 6* and he doesn’t need to be awakened. His damage output is insane, and depends on skill so it’s easier to control. He also has power gain and perfect block. He’s crazy. I would definitely awaken Angle but rank up Sunspot! What’s your story progression?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Sunspot

Gonna go against the grain here and say Sunspot. Personally I find him to be the best champion in the game—he was my first R2 6* and he doesn’t need to be awakened. His damage output is insane, and depends on skill so it’s easier to control. He also has power gain and perfect block. He’s crazy. I would definitely awaken Angle but rank up Sunspot! What’s your story progression?

I would suggest Archangel, but wouldn't go nearly as far to say he's the best in the game 😂. Imo, I just prefer Sunspot cause there are more fights that he's good for. But AA's damage and AAR against non-bleed/poison immunes is awesome. Use the gem on him either way.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    AA imo is top 3 mutant , might be 4 after red mags buff tho. AAR/regen counter is huge for lots of lanes in act 6. White mags would make him able to work on nodes like limber as well now
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Sunspot

Sunspot save the gem.

Why would he save the gem? He's already got Omega and Colossus as awakened 5*s and even if he didn't, I'd still use it on AA. Totally worthy.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Sunspot
    Awaken Archangel for sure.
    Who to rank up really depends on your roster.
    If you have a diverse developed 5* roster then AA should be your choice, as he will fill a gap others may not.
    If these are your first r4/r5, then definitely Sunspot should be your choice, as he overall covers more match ups than AA.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    That is a tough call. I suggest you rank the one you have synergy partners for. Synergies make a great champ greater.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    regardless of who you rank, I'd use the gem on aa. insanely useful champ that you handle a lot of stuff super easily
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Sunspot
    He works for sø much content but AA says "if they can be bleed and poisoned they are dead" but for character with ither bleed or poison immunitys hes trash
  • MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★

I am a Cavalier, reached there two months ago only.. currently stuck at 6.2.2 (Mister Sinister)
    edited August 2020
    Greekhit said:

Awaken Archangel for sure.
    Who to rank up really depends on your roster.
    If you have a diverse developed 5* roster then AA should be your choice, as he will fill a gap others may not.
    If these are your first r4/r5, then definitely Sunspot should be your choice, as he overall covers more match ups than AA.

i have 3 r5 champ (Corvus, CapIW and Colossus) , rest other good champion at r4.. (OR, Blade, Starky, Magik, Warlock etc)

Use the gem on AA, if they can be bled and poison, they are already dead

^^ How I approach a archangel fight

So that's what my major point of confusion is... I am still at the level where T2 alpha are hard to come by (I don't do AW or AQ) so R4 would be a very major decision for me and Archangel is of no use against bleed/poison immune, whereas not many champion are Incinerate immune..
    But...
    Whenever Archangel can bleed/poison the champion he is miles miles ahead and that's why the confusion
  • BaddOne67BaddOne67 Posts: 116
    SUNSPOT to rank up but use gem on AA