**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is omega the new blade?

lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
I feel like omega has taken over the AW meta. Thoughts on this?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s definitely the current dominant war champ imo
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    He's amazing, counters many of the more difficult fights such as Mix Master Korg, Stubborn Thing bosses... what really surprises me though is Ghost's viability in the Stubborn meta. I regularly bring her to war for my path and even minis... same with Quake, I guess
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    He's 3rd best champion in the game imo

Top AW attacker atm
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Top AW attacker atm

I'm wondering who you think the top 2 are. Imo, it goes Quake, Ghost, Ægon, Omega.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Top AW attacker atm

I'm wondering who you think the top 2 are. Imo, it goes Quake, Ghost, Ægon, Omega.
    I would naturally assume Ghost and Quake.
    Yeah, Ægon is just such a unit-saver when it comes to the most rewarding content in the game, I personally can't value Omega over him. Just my opinion though.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Etjama said:

Top AW attacker atm

In general questing, imo it is Quake, Ghost, Omega.

In AW with the new tactics, Omega comes on top. He's just so good in AW these days.

When it comes to the primes of each champ, I would say it's Aegon, Quake, Ghost. What I mean by "prime" is max potential. Aegon at 999 is unstoppable, unblockable, has crazy damage, almost always crits, and has 100% ability accuracy reduction. He's literally insane. But that is very hard to achieve in general questing, hence why he is mainly used in LOL and AOL.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Depends on tier i guess. Most top allys dont run suicides so i barely ever see him tbh

I meant for attack
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I clicked on this 100% expecting you to be calling omega overrated based on the title @lowlevelplayer.

• LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★

Depends on tier i guess. Most top allys dont run suicides so i barely ever see him tbh

I meant for attack
    I actually see him more often on defence then attack
    Yep! I see him on that 1% HP damage cap per hit.
    Nice placement, but can be abused also by warlock.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I love using Omega, for me it goes like Quake, Ghost, Aegon and Omega as my top 4 champs in the game.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    OR is vastly used in high tiers for AW. But to use him at his full potential you nees to run suicide masteries. He can bypass electro static shock, also bypass magiks limbo. A big time korg counter. Heavily used for Thing stubborn bosses. You name it.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    walkerdog said:

HI_guys said:

Erocks said:

He's amazing, counters many of the more difficult fights such as Mix Master Korg, Stubborn Thing bosses... what really surprises me though is Ghost's viability in the Stubborn meta. I regularly bring her to war for my path and even minis... same with Quake, I guess

How does ghost interact with stubborn? Hav eyou got some video links?
    Ghost dashes back, triggers it, then parries or blocks a hit and fires her special. It means she ends up taking more damage than if u dont have to block, but otherwise doesn't slow her down that much.
    Big disagree here. I ran only and always Ghost in the last War map. With Stubborn she can take fights yes. But without powerboost every fight I dont see her working in a lot of tricky matchups.

For normal lane clearing yes. But she lost a lot of value with stubborn
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    NF has been my dominant champ since stubborn tbh, CG seen a revival too.