**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My thoughts on Squirrel Girl

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
The Basics
Note: All following data is based off a 5/65 Squirrel Girl

Squirrel Girl is really about getting a high combo, popping off that sp2, and doing some good, solid damage. The awakened ability helps immensely with getting big damage, which we’ll talk about later.

Every medium hit that makes contact, unless it’s a parry, attaches a bleed. Every light attack that makes contact, unless it’s a parry, adds an extra combo hit. The final hit of your sp1 adds ten hits. This is very key to her playstyle, as it stacks bleeds and inflates your combo. Heavy attacks also inflicts a 6 second bleed that deals 487.4 Direct Damage.

Every time you knock down your opponent, Tippy-Toe attaches to that opponent, doing various things depending on how much combo you have. If you consume a combo of 40 hits or higher, he inflicts an Instant Bleed dealing a burst of 1584.05 damage per bleed. It’s also important to note that all bleeds on the opponent are paused during the attack. Also, while he is attached to the opponent, if you consumed a combo of 30 hits or more, Tippy-Toe prevents all evade and auto block abilities. Tippy attaches to the opponent for 15 seconds, and his attachment cannot be affected by ability accuracy.

Every time you are knocked down, Tippy will attach to you unless he is already attached. He will also attach to you when you have charged your heavy for 0.40 seconds. While attaching, Tippy purifies all non-damaging Debuffs on Squirrel Girl. While attached, Squirrel Girl gains +1400 Block Proficiency.

The Specials

Squirrel Girl’s Special Attack 1:
Inflicts a Distraction Debuff, which prevents Evade and Auto-Block abilities
The final hit increases her combo meter by 10 hits
Squirrel Girl gains 1 Combo Shield Buff that lasts indefinitely. When struck, the Combo Shield is lost after two seconds instead of the Combo Meter resetting.
This special will be key to your playstyle if she is not awakened. It allows for a fast building of the combo, as well as gives a combo shield as a safety net.

Squirrel Girl’s Special Attack 2:
Each hit that makes contact inflicts a Bleed Debuff dealing 487.4 Direct Damage over 6 seconds. This ability does not trigger during a Parry.
All personal Bleed Debuffs on the opponent are paused during this attack.
So, let’s say you have 7 bleeds on the opponent with your 5/65 Squirrel Girl, and you have a combo of 40 or more. You launch an sp2, which adds nine bleeds (one for each hit), giving you 16 bleeds. They all are detonated by the instant bleed, giving you a massive burst of damage of...

drumroll please....

25,344.8 direct damage.

You don’t even need seven bleeds, something like 5 would work as well, as you would still get 22,176 direct damage.

Squirrel Girl’s Special Attack 3:
Inflicts 3 Bleed Debuffs dealing 974.8 Direct Damage over 20 seconds
Squirrel Girl gains an additional 100 hits in her Combo Meter
If Tippy inflicts an Instant Bleed with this attack, there is a 30% chance for each Bleed Debuff to be refreshed instead of removed.
When at max sig, you will have a 99.99% chance for each bleed to refresh.

The Awakened Ability

The awakened ability gives Squirrel Girl an automatic 40 combo hits at the start of each fight, and a chance for Tippy Toe, when detonating the bleeds, to refresh the bleeds instead of consuming them, giving you that same burst damage, but also keeping the bleeds on your opponent to allow for even more damage. The chance for each bleed to refresh ranges from 10.01% to 69.99%.

Helpful Synergies
Hardwired for Heartbreak, with Sentinel, let’s her turn her Bleed Debuffs into Shock Debuffs when fighting a Robot Opponent.

Furry Frenemies, with Hit-Monkey, gives her a 5-second Combo Shield from the start of the fight.

My Rating and Overall Thoughts
Squirrel Girl isn’t bad. She has excellent burst damage off the special 2, and gets better with each sig. She can be a semi-evade counter, and with the right synergy partner (Sentinel) can also fight robots. Her problem is the lack of any other utility, which is why she is out shown by other skills like Ӕgon and Stealthy. All in all, solid character with good damage, but is just that.

I give her a 7/10, and say she’s worth at least a rank 3.

Thanks for reading,
DNA3000 SpideyFunko

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    and apparently the forums don’t support the dash marks. Oh well
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    i... do not like her! i like her comics but in the game i do not like her in my opinion.
    Moot4Life said:

i... do not like her! i like her comics but in the game i do not like her in my opinion.

bruh in the comics she’s like super op
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Take an Insightful.
    FiiNCH said:

Can you do Groot next?

I’d want to, but I need to actually get him first. Squirrel Girl had a combo of Aunt Mai and YouTuber testing, and that testing does not exist for Groot.

Anyone else you want?
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    She's fine. Literally NO utility though which is why I'd hesitate to rank her. I'd make it a 6/10 instead just for that reason. Great overview tho.
    Erocks said:

She's fine. Literally NO utility though which is why I'd hesitate to rank her. I'd make it a 6/10 instead just for that reason. Great overview tho.

she can be a bit of evade counter, which I think could justify a 6.5-7/10. Besides, she has some really nice animations with the squirrels
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★

Erocks said:

she can be a bit of evade counter, which I think could justify a 6.5-7/10. Besides, she has some really nice animations with the squirrels
    True... she has nice character design as well if you know what I mean
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

Can you do Groot next?

I’d want to, but I need to actually get him first. Squirrel Girl had a combo of Aunt Mai and YouTuber testing, and that testing does not exist for Groot.

Anyone else you want?
    I’d be genuinely interested in a doc oc breakdown
    Erocks said:

Erocks said:

True... she has nice character design as well if you know what I mean
    woah
    edited August 2020
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Can you do Groot next?

Anyone else you want?
    I’d be genuinely interested in a doc oc breakdown
    ill see what I can do. Main reason I made this is because I just added a few paragraphs to a review I wrote for @GroundedWisdom and said I’ll just make this a post
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    very insightful post
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I love using SG. She’s a lot of fun and it feels like fights go by quick which is great as well.
  • ShøckerShøcker Posts: 200 ★★
    Shøcker said:

she needs to lose some weight 😳

It's a joke..smh
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

While attached, Squirrel Girl gains +1400 Block Proficiency.

Is she using her pet squirrel as a shield? Sounds like animal abuse to me.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    She is a really solid champ, to sad she actually needs high signature ability.

I own a 6 stars SG, not even thinking on r2 her untill she gets duped.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Here's mine

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited August 2020

Moot4Life said:

bruh in the comics she’s like super op
    i know because i read them

Shøcker said:

Like yo mom I guess.
    imagine saying that in 2020
    Shøcker said:

Shøcker said:

Like yo mom I guess.
    imagine joking about someone needing to lose weight
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Shøcker said:

Shøcker said:

Like yo mom I guess.
    Imagine all the people.....

Shøcker said:

Shøcker said:

Like yo mom I guess.
    It was a joke about a fictional character, how can you get so offended?